1k AC reached

Teth

So about 15 years ago I was able to reach 100 armor class first, and now after a few stars aligning I was able to eclipse 1000 armor class. While this isnt the theoretical maximum, its pretty darn close.

Uo1GrFr.jpeg

This is taking a few feats and buffs that i generally wont have so figured id post the armor class I generally sit at for roughly 90% of the time.

bP97pqf.jpeg

Buffs I was missing for the full tilt: tumbling 4 ac, recitation 2 ac, fatesinger friendly cast 6 ac, warpriest positive spell cast 3 ac, lgs sigil clicky 3 ac, and feydark invis 3 ac. So about 33ish armor class from the maximum. The next update will also push that number another 13 higher from better enhancement setup and angel mantle buff.

Toede

Geez and I thought AC was almost pointless 15 years ago. That's mind boggling. What's your defense chance % with an AC like that?

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
So about 15 years ago I was able to reach 100 armor class first, and now after a few stars aligning I was able to eclipse 1000 armor class. While this isnt the theoretical maximum, its pretty darn close.

Uo1GrFr.jpeg

This is taking a few feats and buffs that i generally wont have so figured id post the armor class I generally sit at for roughly 90% of the time.

bP97pqf.jpeg

Buffs I was missing for the full tilt: tumbling 4 ac, recitation 2 ac, fatesinger friendly cast 6 ac, warpriest positive spell cast 3 ac, lgs sigil clicky 3 ac, and feydark invis 3 ac. So about 33ish armor class from the maximum. The next update will also push that number another 13 higher from better enhancement setup and angel mantle buff.
Build file where?

Mickeymouse

question is,. do you notice anything? most of my deaths are either fire/evil etc etc or me being bad at game; mechanics.

Teth

Wow! Very impressive! Would love a breakdown of how you got there
This is the best I could come up with, Im definitely missing some stuff, but its just a best guestimate:

10 base
75 past lives
33 dex bonus
3 pally enhancement
3 artificer enhancement
3 stalwart enhancement
5 stalwart enhancement
(20 temp tier 5 x10 stacks, will be basically permanent once u66 comes)
(25 temp active attack)
(15 temp boost)
(15 temp dreamscape)
2 vanguard (will swap to 4 natural armor in dragonlord in u66)
15 unyielding destiny
6 ld destiny
6 macro destiny
14 natural armor aug
11 deflection aug
10 abishai set
5 direbear belt
6 riposte aug
2 duskbone ring
123 dragon medium armor with stalwart enhancement bonus + arti level 1 spell (150% boost)
100 crystal shield with arborea + magic fang + stalwart enhancement boost (150% boost)
10 beast mantle set
8 grandfathers
8 bravery
8 technomage
4 dreadbringer
4 holy aura
5 pally sacred aura
6 shifter
32 macro mage armor (macro could be giving more than 32 with the epic/legendary caster levels, hard to tell)
2 armor rituals (armor + shield)
6 tensers
4 bulwark epic feat
5 insight natural armor (necklace)
3 addy bracers proc
4 bard inspire heroics

=616 base

15% paragon set
5% technomage set
5% grandfathers set
5% bravery set
5% reaper armor
15% macro core 4
10% combat exp
3% fortune bonus
=63% boost

= 1004

Coffey

Congratulations on breaking the 1000 AC mark!

Was holy aura fixed or does it still get blocked by spell resistance?

owl

Well done!

My question would be where does this provide an advantage over a 500ac tank or high hp barbarian. For example, is 1000 ac enough to be effective in reaper vision of destruction and if so what skulls.

I am curious about what raids this is helpful for by specific raid and skull if you have that information. That would be very helpful for the community as it would be great to know where a high AC traditional tank can be useful where it once was thought a max hp barbarian was optimal.

Thar

Yes, I'm interested in the miss chance at this AC. Suspecting that it is more than 5% What is the tool tip defensive %?

Assuming this is a completionist/racial completionist/Epic completionist character

PraetorPlato

There are two separate issues:
-Raid bosses have stupid to-hit, so anything below ~500 does literally nothing. My guess would be that 1k AC largely resolves this issue, and starts getting quite good defense chance on most purple names.
-Stochastic defenses are bad in usual high-reaper raid scenarios—let's say you can push to 70% miss chance at the cost of being 2-shot instead of 3-shot. That's not very good, because your death scenario has shifted to rolling two 1/3 chances in a row (which over the course of an hr+ raid, is guaranteed to happen) and having the healer miss a heal in between/take secondary mechanic damage at the same time. This only starts not being a big issue when you get to 90%+ miss chance, and gain some of that "safety" back. IDK if 1k AC is enough to get there or not.

Grunndi

Lame to see that shifter magic fang works on shields too 🤦🏻‍♂️. It already makes shifter have the best racial tree Att/Dam with just about any weapon, but extra lame that it also makes them the best AC race over say…. Dwarves that have 3 different enhancements devoted to AC (I am assuming you checked that possibility, and am absolutely biased though)

Teth

Lame to see that shifter magic fang works on shields too 🤦🏻‍♂️. It already makes shifter have the best racial tree Att/Dam with just about any weapon, but extra lame that it also makes them the best AC race over say…. Dwarves that have 3 different enhancements devoted to AC (I am assuming you checked that possibility, and am absolutely biased though)
Well shifter also has great commodities to make tank work too. But yea, magic fang > dwarf shield mastery by A LOT.

But even without magic fang shifter is still quite close with the extra natural armor and the dexterity (it’s actually almost impossible to get 82 dex to cover to dwarf armor mastery). There is also the howl debuff, which at the AC the build already sits at, the -to hit is extremely useful.