A Message to Our Players From SSG

SSGBranding

Administrator
Update: We have hit an issue when crediting accounts with additional VIP days. Our team is on it and we’ll be sure to update you on this as soon as we’re able to.

We'd like to apologize for the unplanned downtime that occurred this weekend due to an outage at our data center. Our engineering and IT teams worked diligently throughout the weekend to resolve the issues, and we're pleased to report that the problems have been fixed.

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:
  • VIP Daily Gold Rolls are extended to April 26th.
  • All VIPs will receive 2 additional days of VIP status to compensate for the downtime. (Changes will be happening shortly. We will confirm when they are implemented.)
  • To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
    • +25% Heroic and Epic XP Boost.
    • +25% Guild Renown.
    • +10 Treasure Hunter Boost.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!

Website Link: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-makegood2024-040224

Last edited:

Matsu

I realize it was only two days, but it was two days over a holiday weekend that many of us had hopes of playing more than usual. I know of several players, myself included, will not have the opportunity to play over this upcoming weekend.

Please take this in the manner that it is given, but what you are offering is not good enough to make up for the loss of play time. Some players may feel insulted by the minuscule nature of what you are providing.

VIP Gold Rolls should be extended to April 28th at a minimum. Shutting it off on a Friday, April 26th, makes no sense.
2 Additional Days for a VIP is of little consequence, making it 7 days would have earned SSG some good will, the reality is they should have been a VIP bonus thrown in, like +10 Reaper XP bonus or something.
One weekend worth of three relatively minor bonuses, should have been a week or the bonuses should have been better.

Warsaga

After reading some more posts, this does seem light. While I don't agree SSG should be throwing around their single most valuable asset - Otto's boxes, there's no reason the xp bonus can't be more meaningful. I think 50% would be appropriate and a good gesture.

Last edited:

Useless

This is a piss poor compensation for the people that only had the holiday weekend to play this, and will not be able to capitalize on the bonus exp due to not having that weekend off from work or not being able to log in to play during that time. If bonus exp is what we are wanting to give, then give it in material things. Raiders box, ottos box. Just seems like a miss for people not able to play during that time.

Xgya

I don't feel quite as assuaged as many other posters about the bonuses, but I'm nevertheless happy to see the game back online.

It's hard to figure out what I would have thought appropriate as compensation, given that a lot if not most of my playtime is on week-ends, being unable to play for a whole week-end doesn't feel like it should give me 25% bonus the next one.

Ike

We'd like to apologize for the unplanned downtime that occurred this weekend due to an outage at our data center. Our engineering and IT teams worked diligently throughout the weekend to resolve the issues, and we're pleased to report that the problems have been fixed.

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:
  • VIP Daily Gold Rolls are extended to April 26th.
  • All VIPs will receive 2 additional days of VIP status to compensate for the downtime. (Changes will take effect on Wednesday, April 3rd. We will confirm when they are implemented.)
  • To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
    • +25% Heroic and Epic XP Boost.
    • +25% Guild Renown.
    • +10 Treasure Hunter Boost.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!

Website Link: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-makegood2024-040224
This is very appreciated. Do not mind the people expecting more. The treasure hunter boost that comes out once every 4 months is very nice. It will give me 300 reaper fragments, yay!

Dom

Is 2 days a bit underwhelming? Yes. However, they'll likely forget to turn off the bonuses until the maintenance anyways, as they usually do, so we'll probably get more out of it.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Good the game is back online and running... but as everything played out and the lackluster compensation... one might wonder if it is intentional to make even more people stay way of the game.

Thank you SSG incident response team. People take for granted the time, effort and resources that go into maintaining infrastructure. It’s only when it stops working do they notice. When things happen it’s the hard work and personal sacrifice of the responding individuals that right the ship. A thankless job for sure. Hopefully those individuals get some well deserved recognition for their efforts.