A Message to Our Players From SSG

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
That's why it's generalized, both xp for leveling and treasure hunter boost.
Wrong... it is time limited. For players that had that specific holyday weekend to play... this "generalized" compensation means nothing.

The right direction would be give an in-game item a.k.a potions (both EXP and Renown) to players use when they have avaliable time to play.

droid327

Jesus, they really do hate us.

• To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from Wednesday, April 3rd through April 8th:
    • A +20% boost in Virtue XP.
    • Use the coupon code, REWARD2024, for a Pick a Mount selection package that can be redeemed once per account in the LOTRO store.

What a kick in the nads.

I really think a lot of people are undervaluing Treasure Hunter weekend, that's one of the biggest boosts they can turn on for us

But...dang, yeah LOTRO got a free mount...they havent created that ability for DDO yet, but you'd think they could do something like give everyone 100 Glamerdust or something at least

For context, when Wayfinder suffered a data loss and three week character (and guild, etc) rollback, part of the compensation was over two weeks of 200% XP along with 50% reaper XP, and quite a few other boosts.

Now three weeks is longer than two days, and a data loss and character rollbacks are a way bigger deal than a few days of downtime, but this current compensation is roughly equivalent to two normal weekend bonuses stacked on each other - in other words, total weaksauce. Here's a few more of the things Wayfinder was given to compensate for the rollback:

Useless

I really think a lot of people are undervaluing Treasure Hunter weekend, that's one of the biggest boosts they can turn on for us

But...dang, yeah LOTRO got a free mount...they havent created that ability for DDO yet, but you'd think they could do something like give everyone 100 Glamerdust or something at least
I think you’re over valuing limited time boosts for people that can’t benefit.

Epicsoul

Edit

5 days of a bonus and a free mount creates quite the disparity in my mind. I'm unsure how much mounts are in LOTRO, but they aren't cheap in DDO.

droid327

I think you’re over valuing limited time boosts for people that can’t benefit.

A weekend boost in response to a weekend outage seems equitable to me

I think you're also overvaluing the damages of not being able to play on Easter weekend lol...it wasnt exactly a tortious act. If a small number of people could've played last weekend and cant play next weekend, I dont think SSG needs to move heaven and earth to get them a gift basket

Hawk

we lost 100% of the XP we didnt gain over those 2 days. 25% boost seems lackluster. Would of been nice to get some 50% pots.

That's what I said the other day too. This bonus is weak, because of 2 things: #1, you have to now log in on the days they tell you to, to compensate your lost holiday time. #2, it doesn't help people doing reaper xp (legendary) at all.

To all those people saying "Be grateful you get anything, they don't owe you anything", have fun when the population drops again, and DDO is shut down for good, and your characters vanish into nothing. I have a strong feeling its going to start dropping hard in the next few weeks. I regret buying points last month.

Oliphant

Thanks, I had a feeling the server would rise on day 3. This thread is also a gift, as close as we'll get to demanding ponies in earnest!

cdbd3rd

I had no expectations nor demands, however, as feedback to what's being offered - those XP boosts would have been better received as elixirs so people could use use them when they next had time available to play.

(Just noticed looking back upthread, this had already been mentioned.)

Qeistalan

We'd like to apologize for the unplanned downtime that occurred this weekend due to an outage at our data center. Our engineering and IT teams worked diligently throughout the weekend to resolve the issues, and we're pleased to report that the problems have been fixed.

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:
  • VIP Daily Gold Rolls are extended to April 26th.
  • All VIPs will receive 2 additional days of VIP status to compensate for the downtime. (Changes will take effect on Wednesday, April 3rd. We will confirm when they are implemented.)
  • To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
    • +25% Heroic and Epic XP Boost.
    • +25% Guild Renown.
    • +10 Treasure Hunter Boost.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!

Website Link: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-makegood2024-040224
Devs: Hopefully you implement a timer on our accounts, to show EXACTLY when these compensatory bonuses expire.