A Message to Our Players From SSG

Qeistalan

First of all, that's not needed as all of the bonus' end dates are called out. Second of all, lets not encourage them to add silly things like this as it will likely result in a random bug from 2011 showing up for no reason.
Thirdly, opinions will vary.

Dom

Thirdly, opinions will vary.
Maybe about my second point, but regarding the first:

VIP gold roll extension -> called out that it will be extended to April 26th
2 days of additional VIP status -> check your subscription expiry date on the ddo store in game and, you guessed it, add two days (unless you check after April 3rd when they said they will implement the change, therefore it would already be reflected in the ddo store).
XP, renown and treasure hunter boosts -> called out they expire on April 7th.

Didn't think reading was that hard.

ChaoticDrivel

I agree with those who've suggested that any recompense should also include XP, renown potions, and treasure hunter elixirs, so that folks can use them in a similar manner to a planned period of DDO time; say, over a weekend where they had some free time - but through no fault of their own - weren't able to access the game.

Doing it like this, just miffs those who have plans for this weekend, and now are going to feel like they missed out for a second time. Not good.

---------------

More than any of that though...

I would appreciate some clarity from SSG as to what actually went wrong. Why it occured. And what they are doing to ensure it never happens again. Not every possible data center issue can be forever eliminated, of course. But many of them can be mitigated, with sufficient preparation and dedication.

And lastly:

Thanks to those who had their holiday weekend interrupted, while they worked on resolving the issues.

Jummby

We'd like to apologize for the unplanned downtime that occurred this weekend due to an outage at our data center. Our engineering and IT teams worked diligently throughout the weekend to resolve the issues, and we're pleased to report that the problems have been fixed.

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:
  • VIP Daily Gold Rolls are extended to April 26th.
  • All VIPs will receive 2 additional days of VIP status to compensate for the downtime. (Changes will take effect on Wednesday, April 3rd. We will confirm when they are implemented.)
  • To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
    • +25% Heroic and Epic XP Boost.
    • +25% Guild Renown.
    • +10 Treasure Hunter Boost.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!

Website Link: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-makegood2024-040224
25% of the base xp for the quest or 25% for the whole quest?

25% of the base is a slap in the face to the community after a 2 day downtime. I guess its something, but not a reason for people to start logging back in over the weekend.

Looks good in paper though flashing 25 percent, even though it's virtually meaningless.

25% of the base is what they give while trying to look generous, while giving very little.

Let's see how they go about this.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Probably they don't give those bonus as a pot because it can stack with a pot?
Regardless of stacking... if the players can't log in while the bonus is up... they will be losing it... with the potion they can use whatever they can. If they already have a potion, now they would've one more and more bonus time to freely use.

Jummby

I really think a lot of people are undervaluing Treasure Hunter weekend, that's one of the biggest boosts they can turn on for us

But...dang, yeah LOTRO got a free mount...they havent created that ability for DDO yet, but you'd think they could do something like give everyone 100 Glamerdust or something at least
You are over valuating it? You can run newer morgrave stuff on r10 all day long and never see a mythic boost, let alone reaper items.

OLDER content though you can still pull a reaper item for frags I guess.

Reactions: DBZ

Abax11

Regardless of stacking... if the players can't log in while the bonus is up... they will be losing it... with the potion they can use whatever they can. If they already have a potion, now they would've one more and more bonus time to freely use.

Agree with you, but they probably just want to sell more xp pot after all.

Sarlona Raiding

We'd like to apologize for the unplanned downtime that occurred this weekend due to an outage at our data center. Our engineering and IT teams worked diligently throughout the weekend to resolve the issues, and we're pleased to report that the problems have been fixed.

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:
  • All VIPs will receive 2 additional days of VIP status to compensate for the downtime. (Changes will take effect on Wednesday, April 3rd. We will confirm when they are implemented.)
  • To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
    • +25% Guild Renown.

We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!

Thank you, this is very kind. I appreciate that you respect our time so much to offer such a nice weekend bonus. I would even consider leaving the bonus on until the next scheduled downtime the morning of 4/10 to give people a chance to benefit that might be tied up all or part of the weekend.

1st a question. Will the XP boosts apply to Otto's boxes as well?

2nd a statement. Thank you for acknowledging and offering compensation for the downtime over a holiday weekend. I know the team worked hard to fix whatever the issue was and, speaking for myself, appreciate the team for working to get it corrected. Ignore the haters on this post, most of us greatly appreciate the effort to get the game back up and running.

nenetteblackmoor

Jesus, they really do hate us.

• To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from Wednesday, April 3rd through April 8th:
    • A +20% boost in Virtue XP.
    • Use the coupon code, REWARD2024, for a Pick a Mount selection package that can be redeemed once per account in the LOTRO store.

What a kick in the nads.

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek(server down), turn to them the other cheek also(apology gift).

Indyanna

So.. LOTRO get a better deal than us it would seem, not surprised. Disappointed but not surprised.

I appreciate that we are being given SOMETHING but an elixir would have been a much better route as we could have used that when/how we wanted and still cheaper than a mount right?

ETA: or... even better, a mount (I mean i wouldn't say no lol)

MoonJB

• +25% Guild Renown.

Thanks very much for getting the game back up and for the boosts. Given all the bitching you had to put up with (and still putting up with), it's probably more than anyone really deserves.