A Message to Our Players From SSG

woq

It's heroic/epic XP boost; they don't effect boxes. You need a vip xp boost event to do that.
Yeah, this is one thing they should definitely clarify. The global post you get to from the launcher says "Heroic/Epic XP boost" and the box says "Heroic experience".

Yet another time when one can understandably misunderstand. It says heroic experience on both, and the stone says it can be boosted by other effects. Kind of unnecessary cause for buyers regret once again.

On a separate note, I'm thankful for this weekend bonus. I really enjoy when people show up in droves to play content together, that's when DDO feels at its best. I've been having a blast outside prime time US lagginess (on Khyber). On that note, I think xp buddy boost should be up in some form by default to encourage such consistent partying from players, even if it's not quite as lucrative as the combination of +25% xp and treasure hunter bonus.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Yeah, this is one thing they should definitely clarify. The global post you get to from the launcher says "Heroic/Epic XP boost" and the box says "Heroic experience".

Yet another time when one can understandably misunderstand. It says heroic experience on both, and the stone says it can be boosted by other effects. Kind of unnecessary cause for buyers regret once again.
Agreed: too many gotcha mechanics with SSG. It just sours people’s perception of them as a company.

On a separate note, I'm thankful for this weekend bonus. I really enjoy when people show up in droves to play content together, that's when DDO feels at its best. I've been having a blast outside prime time US lagginess (on Khyber). On that note, I think xp buddy boost should be up in some form by default to encourage such consistent partying from players, even if it's not quite as lucrative as the combination of +25% xp and treasure hunter bonus.
Although I’m a solo player, I’m glad to see the Buddy Bonus, since it does encourage more players to get into the game.
I just wish the bonuses from last weekend’s downtime was active for a while longer—at least as long as LOTRO has theirs up. Since not all players get to play every weekend, some will miss out on the bonus. Oh well, SSG’s gonna SSG, and continue to sour our perception.