A Message to Our Players From SSG

Br4d

Isn't that what the Dread bundles were all about? Giving us a taste? I never used a box before Dread. Have bought 2(?) since then.

I actually spent a lot on the original Otto's boxes when I was trying to keep 4 characters up to the much more limited grind before epics and racials.

I gave up when I realized that no matter how much I spent SSG was going to put impossibly high levels of grind on the table.

I really think the worst decision that SSG has made on DDO was deciding to feed the whales and 8/7 grinders. They gained a stable 1500+ population out of it and drove most players screaming into the parking lot at that point.

DDO should have 100k regular paying customers and we're at like 5% of that tops.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Anyone upset about the disparity between DDO and LOTRO downtime rewards hasn't been paying attention. For years LOTRO has a bonus weekend published in advance. Gear in LOTRO is BtA (not BtC). When DDO players ask for either of those things during the weekly livestream, we're told no.

Guntango

Look like
Anyone upset about the disparity between DDO and LOTRO downtime rewards hasn't been paying attention. For years LOTRO has a bonus weekend published in advance. Gear in LOTRO is BtA (not BtC). When DDO players ask for either of those things during the weekly livestream, we're told no.
They got my attention this time.

The Narc

Yeah its true.

But this is why i will never touch another of their games and all my friends are told to avoid there stuff at all costs. They onoy have me here in DDO and the way they handle themselves here fuels my motivation to never assist them in any other endeavors in fact i keep an ongoing list to provide to friends of all the nasty things they have done in this game to their long time loyal customers. This does not include game for profit streamers which i tell my friends they are very good at supporting far and above the general population. I mean everyone remembers one particular streamer crying and whining about sonic blast!!!

SSG has really rimstrommed their relationship with a large portion of their player base.

Sylvado

Yeah its true.

But this is why i will never touch another of their games and all my friends are told to avoid there stuff at all costs. They onoy have me here in DDO and the way they handle themselves here fuels my motivation to never assist them in any other endeavors in fact i keep an ongoing list to provide to friends of all the nasty things they have done in this game to their long time loyal customers. This does not include game for profit streamers which i tell my friends they are very good at supporting far and above the general population. I mean everyone remembers one particular streamer crying and whining about sonic blast!!!

SSG has really rimstrommed their relationship with a large portion of their player base.
yet here you are

Br4d

DDO is kind of unique in the MMO market. We're not going to find what DDO provides elsewhere.

It could still be a much better game but it has a niche that it will hold onto because power and flexibility are interesting commodities in the MMO space.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
The streamers are all shills as far as I'm concerned. They all seemed to be trying to justify why Ultimate Fan Bundle of Vecna was such an awesome deal (when they had received it free). It felt very much like a payola scheme. This is one of the many reasons why SSG has earned my ire personally. I guess as long as there are those fat n'juicy whales to milk, all is good in the world though! 🤑

vryxnr

I am sorry to hear people are experiencing really bad lag.

Sadly, I must also report that I am, at this moment, not experiencing any lag. I truly hope the lag others are experiencing clears up ASAP, but I'm not sure it's something on SSGs side, unless it's server specific in this case?

Ellisaria

I can't even enjoy the bonus 'apology exp', because the lag is so bad that the game is almost unplayable. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah, was rubberbanding and swinging my weapon without hitting for about four quests before logging off. Might check back later, might not because the exercise of frustration isn't worth it. (On Orien, by the way)

Edit: Server played on

Reactions: DBZ

Oloriniel

Used an Otto's Box this morning.
With a +50% XP potion that's 3,000,000
With VIP 10% that's another 200,000
Master's GIft and Guild buff is another 200,000

And that's what I got, 3,400,000.

What happened to the 25% weekend boost?