Add 10 tokens of the twelve to E3BC saga reward

droid327

Right now tokens are in a bad place for TRing. They only drop from low epic level quests that you rarely run, outside of grinding tokens - so every life you're left ransacking BoB & LoD before you can actually reincarnate, after you've already leveled to 20

Putting 10 in 3BC would at least give you a different low epic path to TR that wasn't as repetitive

Upvote 3

droid327

I guess it depends on the player. I run a lot of those every TR as part of the leveling process. More sources would be good, but they could also just do things to make those quests more tempting to others to run.

Yes but it's not enough to hit 20 every life. And if you're doing just 1-20 then it's even more arbitrary.

The problem is they're in that range where few people play. It's too low for endgame characters to get anything, you can't run them at 18, and a lot of players ETRing skip that level range with banking. I don't know what could be done other than changing their quest level itself

woq

For such an integral part of the gameplay loop of DDO the Token of the Twelve situation is disheartening.

Sure, people run VoN, Spies and Wiz-King a lot, but those barely get you halfway there and that's assuming you run them every life; that's a very monotonous life cycle imo to assume everyone runs LoD chain + VoN + Spies + Wiz-King (+ a bit of other fluff to get to 20 / beg for others to pass).

HoX & VoD should have the option to get tokens too. It would be interesting to have hard late heroic content that gave you tokens, and raids would fit that bill (The Shroud, VoD, HoX). The Epic chain in the Twelve "Tales of WPM" quest chain should also drop a sufficiently pleasing amount of tokens imo. I really like those quests and they're "within range" of early 20s.

3BC makes less sense than The Twelve quests do - and it is already sufficiently rewarding to run without a Token of the Twelve lucrative in there.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
They should probably up the drop rates in some quests like the red fens to encourage more people to run them. Or just let people trade seeds for those hearts and encourage folks to level up.

woq

They should probably up the drop rates in some quests like the red fens to encourage more people to run them. Or just let people trade seeds for those hearts and encourage folks to level up.
Well, the Red Fens got some life in them after the items in there were made upgradeable and some of them are usable - though I agree they should all drop a full token, not some arbitrary number of fragments. I think Into the Deep and maybe Fathom the Depths could even drop two tokens.

Some other chains being added into the mix would hurt nobody. It doesn't change the number of quests you do per life, but it does change the amount of repetition over a number of lives. DDO should play to it's strengths that are among other things the variety of adventures available on a per-life basis and the replayability. Token drop locations and amounts actively play against those strengths as they are currently implemented.

The Narc

Well, the Red Fens got some life in them after the items in there were made upgradeable and some of them are usable - though I agree they should all drop a full token, not some arbitrary number of fragments. I think Into the Deep and maybe Fathom the Depths could even drop two tokens.

Some other chains being added into the mix would hurt nobody. It doesn't change the number of quests you do per life, but it does change the amount of repetition over a number of lives. DDO should play to it's strengths that are among other things the variety of adventures available on a per-life basis and the replayability. Token drop locations and amounts actively play against those strengths as they are currently implemented.
Yes definitely get rid of the partial fragment thing atleast on elite or higher and just make it a single token at minimum.

Pandjed

HoX & VoD should have the option to get tokens too. It would be interesting to have hard late heroic content that gave you tokens, and raids would fit that bill (The Shroud, VoD, HoX). The Epic chain in the Twelve "Tales of WPM" quest chain should also drop a sufficiently pleasing amount of tokens imo. I really like those quests and they're "within range" of early 20s.

I'd be on board for Token Drops on end-heroic quests, especially those that are for the Twelves like the raids or the Lord of Stone chain. Even fragments may make me run them more often, as I then can skip the usual ones once in a while and it would fit thematically. Maybe add them to quest rewards instead of chests though, so that members of the Twelves reward you with their Token( Fragment)s.

Ahpuch

Right now tokens are in a bad place for TRing. They only drop from low epic level quests that you rarely run, outside of grinding tokens - so every life you're left ransacking BoB & LoD before you can actually reincarnate, after you've already leveled to 20

Putting 10 in 3BC would at least give you a different low epic path to TR that wasn't as repetitive
No offense but that seems like much more than they would ever do. Since 5 of those quests already give tokens (Sentinels Chain), running the saga would give over 15 tokens for 10 quests.

Reifee - Orien

Easiest route would be to add them in as an option for seeds.

The farming isn't terrible. Running VON a few times usually gets you there. It takes maybe 2 hours to run VON on R then E. That gives you a double batch of tokens.

droid327

No offense but that seems like much more than they would ever do. Since 5 of those quests already give tokens (Sentinels Chain), running the saga would give over 15 tokens for 10 quests.

Yyyyyeah...thats the point :D

You do one run through of 3BC saga, hit a few others, and you're good to TR

Again, the point of comparison is ransacking BOB and LOD, which are both very short quests that yield 1 token each. 1.5 for the longer 3BC quests is on par

Plus, in practical reality, you'd usually use a Skip on the last awful airship quest, so its costing you 15 Shards too (or VIP sub fees)

Easiest route would be to add them in as an option for seeds.

The farming isn't terrible. Running VON a few times usually gets you there. It takes maybe 2 hours to run VON on R then E. That gives you a double batch of tokens.

Seeds would be another obvious fix, but for whatever reason they seem reticent to add in Heroic hearts for endgame quests...

Simply increasing (doubling?) Token drops in the quests where they are now would be another solution. But IDK, seems like they enjoy putting things in Saga rewards (like Cards, recently), so that seems like they might be more amenable to that.

And VoN3 is OK for the XP if you're still leveling up, but honestly those quests are not fun to run for their own sake. Arena has those long boring cutscenes, JoK is just long and beholders are irksome to a lot of builds, Prisoner has the annoying maze, and Haywire has the long annoying runbacks. VoN5 cant be soloed, and you're usually grinding tokens solo. If you're not interested in the XP (because you're about to TR) then those quests are a lot grindier.

Ahpuch

Yyyyyeah...thats the point :D
Then I wish you luck. Considering the more modest proposals that have been put forward and ignored, you will need it.

Seeds would be another obvious fix, but for whatever reason they seem reticent to add in Heroic hearts for endgame quests...
Seeds/Commendations should be the fix. When those were introduced I seem to recall they were going to obsolete the ToT turn ins but left them due to the outcry. I doubt that they will do this either now that players have stockpiles of them.

droid327

Seeds/Commendations should be the fix. When those were introduced I seem to recall they were going to obsolete the ToT turn ins but left them due to the outcry. I doubt that they will do this either now that players have stockpiles of them.

No, what happened is they were going to just remove Tokens entirely, thus making all the rewards you can get from them Store-only items

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
IF memory serves, and I could be way off, they were going to add them to the commendations options.

However the proposed turn in rate doubled or tripled the number of quests that needed to be run before you would be able to get a heart.