An updated DDO Store arrives soon!

Biggdaddy

It appears that the account management is being moved to the store. Will we still need to use the myaccount.standingstonegames.com site?

DDO Gaming

now if they could just make the auction house span across all worlds so maybe there would be more of a real in-game economy.
Hmm...one universal auction house. Not sure that's technically possible. HOWEVER a "view only" option of "other server" auction houses would be nice so a gamer can switch to a different server having seen a desireable item

Owlbear

It appears that the account management is being moved to the store. Will we still need to use the myaccount.standingstonegames.com site?
Just curious. Why would you need to use that website now? I've never used that site and able to do everything I need from ingame store already?

rabidfox

The People's Champion

What payment methods are accepted?​

We are pleased to offer payment through the following sources:

• Credit Card – American Express, Mastercard, Visa, JCB, Diners Club, and Discover
  • Paysafe Card (for Point Bundles & Bundled offers only)
  • AmazonPay* (see Known Issues for important information about using AmazonPay for a subscription.)
  • PayPal (You can use PayPal Recurring for your VIP subscription)
What about Steam wallet payments?

zenone

Hmm...one universal auction house. Not sure that's technically possible. HOWEVER a "view only" option of "other server" auction houses would be nice so a gamer can switch to a different server having seen a desireable item
I suspect it would be like asking for an ocean in Sands of Menechtarun or a check box in the auction house to search for only items with augment slots, but keep on giving them ideas .... maybe once some AI programmers are added to the staff.

Aelonwy

Is there a “Preview” feature for cosmetic items in the Store?​

No, we do not currently offer a way to preview items prior to purchasing them in the Store. However, we have increased the size of our icons to give you a better visual representation of the offers before purchase.

I'm sorry but this^ is NOT an improvement. You expect people to purchase your cosmetics virtually blind? Some cosmetics look better on different races, different genders and without a way to view the cosmetic properly on the character you are looking to dress... well... there are going to be LESS cosmetic sales. Cosmetics are all about the visual aesthetic and you are entirely removing the viewing portion prior to purchase. People prefer to make informed decisions, especially when it comes to money. You are further removing function from the DDO store in this aspect. Yes, I know it was ONLY functional in the 32bit client but now it will no longer be functional for either. That is a downgrade any way you slice it.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'm sorry but this^ is NOT an improvement. You expect people to purchase your cosmetics virtually blind? Some cosmetics look better on different races, different genders and without a way to view the cosmetic properly on the character you are looking to dress... well... there are going to be LESS cosmetic sales. Cosmetics are all about the visual aesthetic and you are entirely removing the viewing portion prior to purchase. People prefer to make informed decisions, especially when it comes to money. You are further removing function from the DDO store in this aspect. Yes, I know it was ONLY functional in the 32bit client but now it will no longer be functional for either. That is a downgrade any way you slice it.
The best is when they call it working in 32-bit a bug... (7m30s in)

Genkiba

I'd love for DDO cosmetics to be a thing, but meh. Everything is just...ugly. Not even sure what the last non-expansion cosmetic was. I only where the Shadowfell armor, regardless of class. Although I'll try the lich armor when I get it.

ACJ97F

I can see it now... "Click here to authorize your DDO point-buy, and unlock the character you gave up doing TR's with for 995 DDO points."
[Disclaimer: Expires when you log out, or crash (it's your computer), playing requires an additional purchase at the time of your next login.]

Alternative

Yes, its pretty pathetic when something actually working as it was originally intended and useful to the players is considered a bug.

Let's bring some logic into all this.

If you could preview a cosmetic, anyone could just buy the one they like and be done with it. Without a preview option people have to guess, and potentially buy multiple cosmetics until they find the one they like.

That's being fiscally responsible (and being a man).

Owlbear

It's always been (as far as I know) the place to manage your subscriptions. Wondering if that's changed.

You can sub and cancel your VIP in the ingame store since forever I believe? I've always done that in the ingame store and never used that website for it.
At top right you can click your name and go to Manage Subscriptions

Last edited: