Any Bets On What Classes Will Get Next Archetypes?

Lorianna

Just saw on YouTube that the Dev's have outlined the reworking of the Wizard Enh-Tree Archmage. Stands to reason, that when this is done, a Archetype will be provided as well.

-Smoke
Where did you see this, btw?
I've been wanting an archmage rework for so, so, SO long...

I think that now they need to focus on new Epic Destinies.
At the end of the day, they all are restricted to one of the EDs and despite their flexibility, are all the same.
Artificer, Warlock, Sorcerer, Druid , Bligthcaster casters all end up being Draconic and playing the same abilities, loosing their uniqueness.
Artificer has much room to improve the trap and summoning counterpart, with imporved epic/legendary traps, golem summons.
They already have the tools to improve flame towers, since Primal has turret-like pets. Just need a flame tower skin. A few new fire/force slas and spells (maybe ground traps/runes) and work is done.
This tree would fit rogue mechanic, dark hunter, and eventually Arcane Trickster and Ground Rune wizard well.

Smokewolf

At the end of the day, they all are restricted to one of the EDs and despite their flexibility, are all the same.
Artificer, Warlock, Sorcerer, Druid , Bligthcaster casters all end up being Draconic and playing the same abilities, loosing their uniqueness.
I play Wizard and use Primal Avatar ED. This allows me to have a cheap / high damage AOE SLA, Temp-hitpoints and free mana every 60 seconds. Pair this with Fatesinger to get Cut-The-Stings and you have 100% CC every 60 seconds, on top of the crazy-awesome Wizard spells.

Current build: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/primal-ek-wizard.588/

In comparison, Draconic ED is a joke that targets new players lack of understanding of the game.

.-Smoke

Lotoc

24:57 into the video...

That's not a "we're revamping archmage" it's a "IF we're revamping any enhancement trees (such as archmage) it's gonna have to wait til later."
Paraphrased of course, and axel paraphrased it himself but they absolutely did not make a commitment to revamping archmage.

Smokewolf

That's not a "we're revamping archmage" it's a "IF we're revamping any enhancement trees (such as archmage) it's gonna have to wait til later."
Paraphrased of course, and axel paraphrased it himself but they absolutely did not make a commitment to revamping archmage.
Consider that this would be the closest to a confirmation of any type from the Dev's and that the response was unprompted. No one specifically asked about Archmage revamp, but there you are getting one... I'd call that an optimistic chance, which is far better than the lip service we normally receive.

-Smoke

Lotoc

Consider that this would be the closest to a confirmation of any type from the Dev's and that the response was unprompted. No one specifically asked about Archmage revamp, but there you are getting one... I'd call that an optimistic chance, which is far better than the lip service we normally receive.

-Smoke
Watch the Q&A that axel is referencing, the question Sev was answering was asking specifically about an archmage revamp.
Axel is not a member of SSG staff.
Watch it for gods sake instead of spreading misinformation constantly.

Last edited:

axel15810

24:57 into the video...

After rewatching I think I was pretty clear here when paraphrasing. Maybe I could have been a bit more clear at that point in the video. But yeah there's been no commitment by SSG to an Archmage pass as far as I'm aware. The way I interpreted Severlin was "if" they do tree revamps such as Archmage it'll be after the mini expansion - but it was not a promise revamps will happen. I am very meticulous with how I word things in these videos because I'm very aware I could mislead with poor wording. And I also give timestamps as I go and links to original interview in the description to provide as easy access to the context as I can. But at the end of the day I'm just a Youtuber doing his best, I am in no way connected to SSG as another poster said.

Lorianna

I play Wizard and use Primal Avatar ED. This allows me to have a cheap / high damage AOE SLA, Temp-hitpoints and free mana every 60 seconds. Pair this with Fatesinger to get Cut-The-Stings and you have 100% CC every 60 seconds, on top of the crazy-awesome Wizard spells.

In comparison, Draconic ED is a joke that targets new players lack of understanding of the game.

.-Smoke
I use PA on my necro as well. Draconic is nice and all, but PA has so many awesome things that just really fit with my build for her.
With around 40% poison, acid and negative crit chance, essentially endless mana through the mantle, massive temp hp, stat bonuses, and health bonuses for my pets and summons (not to mention they can hit for several thousand per swing due to the mantle on them as well), it's a lot of fun.

Smokewolf

I use PA on my necro as well. Draconic is nice and all, but PA has so many awesome things that just really fit with my build for her.
With around 40% poison, acid and negative crit chance, essentially endless mana through the mantle, massive temp hp, stat bonuses, and health bonuses for my pets and summons (not to mention they can hit for several thousand per swing due to the mantle on them as well), it's a lot of fun.
Yeah It's like the other caster ED's are suddenly a afterthought.

-Smoke

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Note so far arch types are just a modification of existing concepts, nothing new actually is created.

Bard -done
Paladin -done
Warlock - done
Druid - done
Cleric -done
Ranger -done

So if you want to think of new archtypes whats left is :

Fighter
Barbarian
Monk
Rogue
Artificer
Alchemist
Favored Soul
Wizard
Sorcerer.

Now next you want to think what can screw up these existing builds to a fare thee well.

After combining the untouch builds and the nuke nerf you get the new arch types.

Example sneak attack fighter, but wait, fighter is in full plate armor, how you going to use sneak?

Or a rage sorcerer or a tower shield alchemist, or something like that that makes you go
w=452

PaleFox

It think the best bet on what's next is looking at the naming of the latest item-sets they provided.
Deacon -> a spell slinging (from wands) rogue type
Echoes -> A ghosts conjurer (plural yes) sorcerer, ghosts will have different shapes based on race. Let's find out if WF have souls that linger about. Personally I wanna see ghosts with tails. Also what attacks/spells they casts is based on race as well. (Eg the ancestors part. And perhaps some off mixed in other race as, well, you never know.)
Edit:
Or just any race to thigh it in with reincarnation.

Last edited:

FuzzyDuck81

It think the best bet on what's next is looking at the naming of the latest item-sets they provided.
Deacon -> a spell slinging (from wands) rogue type
Echoes -> A ghosts conjurer (plural yes) sorcerer, ghosts will have different shapes based on race. Let's find out if WF have souls that linger about. Personally I wanna see ghosts with tails. Also what attacks/spells they casts is based on race as well. (Eg the ancestors part. And perhaps some off mixed in other race as, well, you never know.)
Edit:
Or just any race to thigh it in with reincarnation.
Can't see ghost sorcerer (if anything something based on lineages would fit with PnP better), but maybe spirit shaman which i remember from mask of the betrayer, it's basically to druid what sorcerer is to wizard or favoured soul is to clerics - since i'm really hoping they go with talenta halflings (now dinos are in the game), spirit shamans would definitely fit.
As for deacon, all i can think of is some kind of vampire that can into a big ol blood abomination, reusing some tech from old school primal avatar's angry tree transformation :)

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Can't see ghost sorcerer (if anything something based on lineages would fit with PnP better), but maybe spirit shaman which i remember from mask of the betrayer, it's basically to druid what sorcerer is to wizard or favoured soul is to clerics - since i'm really hoping they go with talenta halflings (now dinos are in the game), spirit shamans would definitely fit.
As for deacon, all i can think of is some kind of vampire that can into a big ol blood abomination, reusing some tech from old school primal avatar's angry tree transformation :)
Arti vampire would be a nice way to screw up players.

.-Smoke
I also run wizards in Primal ED.

As others said, Primal offers much to any caster, namely endless SP, good SLAS, and summoning improvements that others simply don't have. But the point is, they are all primal. My druids, artificers, wizards... I want to play Artificer as a engineer/trapper not like Electric sorc, as druid is already fated too. Primal also needs more summons variety, at least one undead and one construct one.

nym_craian

Hi!

I wondered if magic and potions could somehow be combined, I finally decided on a wizard base.

Enhancement trees:
Witch, Archemage and with Witch core 1: Bombardier (Black Witch) or Vile Chemist (Grey Witch) or Apothecary (White Witch).​
Note: By default they only have access to 2 trees, Witch Core 1 unlocks a third tree (like AA for elves).​

Class Skills:
Concentration (Constitution), Diplomacy (Charisma), Haggle (Charisma), Heal (Wisdom), Spellcraft (Intelligence), Use Magic Device (Charisma)​

Spells:
Witch can learn wizard spells except Evocation school.​
They supplement their shallower magical knowledge with other practices according to their orientation. Thus, some of the alchemist potions are available to them, as well as spells that wizards cannot reach.​

Core
Core 1 - Witch I
Each enhancement point spent in tree grants +1 USP.​
Choose witch coven: Black Witch, Grey Witch or White Witch, your choice opens an alchemist tree.​
Recipes Book: Gain recipes book with 2 first level slot, and grant special coven base inscribe recipes feat.​
  • Black Witch can inscribe only Crimsonite alchemical recipes.
  • Grey Witch can inscribe only Cerulite alchemical recipes.
  • White Witch can inscribe only Gildleaf alchemical recipes.
Note Recipes Book: Gain a second spell tab on chracter sheet as multiclass spellcaster.
Note: Witch haven't automatic recipes. Witch must buy and write to book the recipes (rare ones are inaccessible to them).
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 0 / Requires: Witch level 1

Core 2 - Witch II
Recipes Book (passive): Two second level slot add to recipes book, and you can inscibe typed 2. level recipes.​
Enthrall (active)​
Cost 6 SP​
Cooldown: 30 seconds​
Range: Self centered AoE 20 meter​
Enthrall multiple non boss enemies. Enthralled enemies stop what they're doing and have a chance of breaking free when damaged. Enthralled enemies suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls and Will saves for 24 seconds plus 6 seconds per witch level, even after being disrupted from their reverie. This ability uses a Diplomacy check as Will save DC.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Witch I, Witch level 3

Core 3 - Witch III
Recipes Book (passive): Two third level slot add to recipes book, and you can inscibe typed 3. level recipes.​
Enthrall (passive): Your Enthrall gains the power to mesmerize Oozes and Vermins.​
Diligent Servant (passive): If your famulus is present, it will automatically collect the basic material components for your spells and potions.​
Note: Equivalent to Eschew Materials at no extra cost.
Note: The variety of material components (more than 15 types in total) is too much, so I made it an automatically acquired ability.
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Witch II, Witch level 6

Core 4 - Witch IV
Recipes Book (passive): Two fourth level slot add to recipes book, and you can inscibe typed 4. level recipes.
Enthrall (passive): Your Enthrall gains the power to mesmerize Undead.​
Familiar (passive): If your familair present enemies that strike you have a 5% chance of becoming Fascinated for 6 seconds, Diplomacy+d20 vs Will.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Witch III, Witch level 12

Core 5 - Witch V
Recipes Book (passive): Two fifth level slot add to recipes book, and you can inscibe typed 5. level recipes.​
Enthrall (passive): Your Enthrall gains the power to mesmerize Construct.​
Greater Witch Secret (active): SLA: Otto's Sphere of Dancing, Cooldown 30 sec, 30 SP​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Witch IV, Witch level 18

Core 6 - Witch VI
+4 Int​
Ver.1 Recipes Book (passive): Two sixth level slot add to recipes book, and you can inscibe typed 6. level recipes.​
Ver.2. Add fix sixth and seventh level spell to spellbook:
  • Black Witch: 6th Grasping Thorns, 7th Destruction
  • Grey Witch: 6th Word of Balance, 7th Regenerate
  • White Witch: 6th Blade Barrier, 7th Greater Restoration
Enthrall (passive): Your can mesmerize any nonboss creature.​
Greater Hex (passive): Decrease target's all immunity to 100-(3*caster level)% absorp for duration.​
Note Hex effect: -6 all saves, -[20-26] PRR/MRR, Melee/Ranged power and USP, -[20-26]% movement speed and -[10-13]% attack speed, block healing and immunity decrease to [40-22]% absorp.
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 40 / Requires: Witch V, Witch level 20

Tier 1
Hex I (active)
Cooldown 1 min, Duration 10 + 3 sec per caster level​
No save, No SR, This effect also works on bosses and Raid bosses.​
Decrease target all saves with core number for duration.​
Note Hex effect: -[1-6] all saves
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Familiar I (toggle)
Choose a famulus: rat, cat, frog, snake or owl.​
If your familiar present grant permanent alchemical reaction effect:​
  • Black Witch Pyrite.
  • Grey Witch Orchidium.
  • White Witch Verdanite.
Note: Your famulus is a passive servant like the illusionist's famulus.
Note: A multiclass witch/alchemist can't change alchemical reaction if your famulus is present.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Coven Knowledge I (passive)
Add non wizard spell to your spellbook as first level wizard spell. This spell is always prepared and does not require spell slot.​
  • Black Witch: Doom
  • Grey Witch: Shillelagh
  • White Witch: Shield of Faith
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: none

Witch Secret I (active)
SLA: Color Spray, Cooldown [10/8/6] sec, [6/4/2] SP​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Subtle Spellcasting (passive)
Your spells generate [10/20/30]% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 1 / Requires: none

Tier 2
Hex II (passive)
Hex Decrease target's PRR/MRR with your caster level.​
Note Hex effect: -[1-6] all saves, -[2-26] PRR/MRR.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Hex I

Familiar II (Passive)
You share your senses with your famulus, so you get a Core number bonus for your Listen, Search and Spot skills.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Familiar I

Coven Knowledge II (passive)
Add non wizard spell to your spellbook as second level wizard spell. This spell is always prepared and does not require spell slot.​
  • Black Witch: Soundburst
  • Grey Witch: Barkskin
  • White Witch: Close Wounds
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Coven Knowledge I

Witch Secret II (active)
SLA: Suggestion, Cooldown [10/8/6] sec, [8/6/4] SP​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 5 / Requires: Witch Secret I

Efficient Metamagic (Passive)
Choose one of the following Metamagic feats. Reduce the spell point cost of using that Metamagic.​
  • Efficient Empower: Using the Empower Spell Metamagic costs you [2/4/6] fewer Spell Points.
  • Efficient Enlarge: Using the Enlarge Spell Metamagic costs you [1/2/4] fewer Spell Points.
  • Efficient Maximize: Using the Maximize Spell Metamagic costs you [3/6/9] fewer Spell Points.
  • Efficient Quicken: Using the Quicken Spell Metamagic costs you [1/2/4] fewer Spell Points.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 5 / Requires: none

Tier 3
Hex III (passive)
Hex Decrease target's Melee/Ranged power and USP with your caster level.​
Note Hex effect: -[1-6] all saves, -[3-26] PRR/MRR, Melee/Ranged power and USP.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Hex II

Familiar III (passive)
When you are damaged you have a 5% chance of turning invisible for 6 seconds, if familair present.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Cove Path II

Coven Knowledge III (passive)
Add non wizard spell to your spellbook as third level wizard spell. This spell is always prepared and does not require spell slot.​
  • Black Witch: Salt Ray
  • Grey Witch: Vigor
  • White Witch: Prayer
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: Coven Knowledge II

<empty>

Intelligence I. (passive)

+1 to INT​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 10 / Requires: none

Tier 4
Hex IV (passive)
Hex Decrease target's movement speed with your caster level & attack speed with your half caster level.​
Note Hex effect: -[1-6] all saves, -[4-26] PRR/MRR, Melee/Ranged power and USP, -[4-26]% movement speed and -[2-13]% attack speed.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Hex III

Familair IV (passive)
Your familiar grant changing Reaction effect once per 90 second.​
Note: You can't change reaction, but grant short time typed buff.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Cove Path III

Coven Knowledge IV (passive)
Add non wizard spell to your spellbook as fourth level wizard spell. This spell is always prepared and does not require spell slot.​
  • Black Witch: Unholy Blight
  • Grey Witch: Enveloping Swarm
  • White Witch: Death Ward
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Coven Knowledge III

Witch Secret III (active)
SLA: Deep Slumber, Cooldown [10/8/6] sec, [10/8/6] SP​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Witch Secret II

Intelligence II (passive)
+1 to INT.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 20 / Requires: Intelligence I

Tier 5
Hex V (passive)
Hex Block target's all type healing ability for duration (paralel with Cursed Wound from Clay golem, but block all healing type).​
Note Hex effect: -[1-6] all saves, -[5-26] PRR/MRR, Melee/Ranged power and USP, -[5-26]% movement speed and -[2-13]% attack speed, block healing.
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Hex IV

Familiar V (passive)
Your familiar grant +1 to all spell DC.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Cove Path IV

Coven Knowledge V (passive)
Add non wizard spell to your spellbook as fifth level wizard spell. This spell is always prepared and does not require spell slot.​
  • Black Witch: Slay Living
  • Grey Witch: Greater Command
  • White Witch: Reincarnate
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Coven Knowledge IV

Witch Secret IV (active)
SLA: Phantasmal Killer, Cooldown [15/12/9] sec, [15/12/9] SP​
AP Cost: 1 / Ranks: 3 / Progression: 30 / Requires: Witch Secret III

Witch Knowledge (passive)
Choose: You gain Empower Healing Spell or Accelerate Spell metamagic feat.​
AP Cost: 2 / Ranks: 1 / Progression: 30 / Requires: none

Shear-buckler

Next archetype is for barbarian and will be based around wild shapes. Sadly I don't think it will be officially named bearbarian...

songswrath

Hex blade warlock.
Wild or blood mage.
Anti/ or undead type pally
A two handed spec bard/ buffer - debugger. Kindof like how a hex blade curses on strike
Styles I like to see