Clueless player made dual wield barbarian

Bad and Lazy

Should I restart and go 2 hander?

Right now I'm a human with 16 STR/CON and 15 DEX and dual wield feats.

I'm only level 1.
:)

saekee

long live ROGUE
If you are as you say, then this toon has progressed far along your work curve and it would be a shame to waste all that effort getting them somewhere along to level 2.

The biggest challenge with TWF is the high Dex needed to qualify for the feats. ITWF needs 17 dex:
So where will you get that 2 dex? There is a favor reward milestone that hands out a +2 tome but you may want ITWF at level 6 given your BaB (I play assassins and need to take it at level 9). So to hit that favor threshold by level 6…

Ellisaria

If this is a first life character and you just generated it and would rather go two handed fighting, sure you could reroll as you are still level 1 and don't have much time invested in the character yet. If this is a character with past lives you could feat swap with Fred from twf to thf and pick up thf feats from here on out for minimal time investment fixing the character (don't forget to bump strength to 17 to get greater thf).

DDObot

Go barb 6, splash ranger 13, dip cleric 1

Gets dark imbue, free twf line, barb enhancements. Ez

Bad and Lazy

Thank you everyone. This was a sincere question. If I continue barbarian I will probably reroll with dwarf two hander.

(Unless someone can convince to make a wood elf or half elf barbarian instead of dwarf or human. I do like any/all these old school races.)

Last edited:

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I've run twf barb in r10 endgame with guardbreaking in the offhand and it was perfectly viable, if not optimal, so don't be too hard on yourself.

That said there are options to swap your feats if you really want to correct things.

There are many ways to play this game. There are few ways to fail. YMMV. 👍

Onyxia2016

If you only plan on going to L20 then TR'ing you can make just able anything work.
That being said, if this is your first character/life you may do better creating the dwarf you mentioned.
You would certainly have a better game experience than making do with a so so build.