Crashing to desktop

CEastwood

This seems to be linked to viewing or changing an epic Destiny, if I then hit the main menu button the game crashes to desktop - using 64bit client

Last edited:
Me too. I hit the Main Menu button and DDO crashes instantly now.

You can use /logout to get back to the character screen. Or /quit to exit the game. Usually why I go to the main menu screen.

Cordovan

Community Manager
When people say "hit the main menu button" do you mean hit the Escape Key to call up the main menu UI? Is it crashing when trying to populate the Main Menu UI?

For those impacted, are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit client?

I select the Main Menu in the bottom left corner of my screen. Then, when I choose Main Menu from the list that pops up (it is at the very bottom of that list), my game crashes.

Using 64 bit client

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
just tested: Win11, 64 bit client, I do have 'keep launcher open'.
press the dragon button in the lower left corner, select 'Main menu' Hello desktop.

My wife, same setup, does NOT have keep launcher open active, does not crash.

Edit: further tested by turning 'keep launcher open' off, did NOT crash to desktop when opening main menu.

Edit2: logged in a couple alt accounts to grab the dragon archtype, on a FTP account, same computer that did not crash with the launcher set to close, crashed to desktop when opening main menu via the button and selecting main menu.

Last edited:

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
yup, hit 'main menu' and poof.. use 64 bit
was just wanting to change characters and the game disappeared

edit: logged back in, went to hit the main menu to log onto other character and 'poof'..

Last edited:

T.O.

I just double clicked the menu bar button and good bye. Could not recreate it on 3 other accounts.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are currently investigating an issue where selecting the Main Menu option from the Main Menu button inside of the game world is sometimes causing a client crash. Pressing the Escape key rather than pressing the button will provide access to the Main Menu until we get this issue fixed.

Cordovan

Community Manager
You can also use the following commands from the chat window:
/logout to get back to the character select screen
/quit to exit the game

Attackbeast

My experience with the client crash is that it was happening after I talked to the dragon to get Dragonlord and then trying to log out. It occurred on 3 of my accounts. On my other 3 accounts, I went to the logout window before talking to the dragon. I was able to logout normally and not crashing.