Daily gold roll for VIPs in march?

canicus

It doesn't start until the last Wed of March. this is explained, but it is not immediately obvious if you just look at the picture. Everything on there starts the last Wed of the month listed.

From the text above the picture:

Don't miss out: starting on the last Wednesday of every month, new drops will be released and will remain available to redeem for free only until the next offering debuts.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I get the gift of the silver dragon drops on the 27th , but the bonus part doesn't suggest that.
"Bonus: VIP's get daily gold rolls for March"...but we get it on the 27th of March
So just the 5 days then?
At best, it's not very clear.
It starts on the 27th of march, but runs through most of april until the next monthly thingy we get (at the end of april).

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord

Dandonk

Jasparius

Wasn't just said there. Besides the first paragraph saying last wednesday of every month and hovering over says the day it drops. Was also here:

How do you hover over something with a phone ?

A friend and I got VIP and this was a big part.

The fact that many saw "March" and expected "March" suggests it is vague and should have been better explained.

"Bonus: VIPs get daily rolls for March"
Clearly that means for March, from almost the end of March but for most of April.

How silly of us.

YeeboF

I considered subbing for the "free rolls in March", but wasn't sure whether they started this week or next week on Tuesday (when updates normally happen). However apparently they don't start until the 27th...so "free in March" actually means "free for a few days in March, but mostly in April."

I mean they could have made it even less clear by saying "free rolls in November 2025", but only marginally less so . . .

rabidfox

The People's Champion
"It runs from Therendor 26th thru Eyre 25th; sorry for any confusion."

HeQA47D.jpeg

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
This is all very true.

But the amount of posts here all asking about this shows that the messaging didn't work well enough.
100% should've made a FAQ, but highly doubt people would've even looked at that either.

Jasparius

100% should've made a FAQ, but highly doubt people would've even looked at that either.

Or just list the dates on the advertisment. Or use correct language.

"For March" means for the month of March.

"In March" means some time in March.

We shouldnt have to translate their poor language. Or know to click on something. Or know to trawl through the forum for explanations.

Its deceptive language which clearly caught out quite a few people. Only question is whether it was intentionally deceptive.

#Cordovan ?

Dandonk

Also true, but the point remains, it's confusing for many people, and as a company, it's their job to get the communication right.

They could have started the first wednesday in each month, for instance, to make it clearer. Or made the mouse-over a part of the window-thingies so it always shows, instead of having to rely on mouse-overs.

Yes, you can find all this out, and it's "no further" than a mouse-over. But the fact remains, many people got confused. And especially in commercial communication, it's on the sender to make sure their communication is as clear as possible. This seems to have missed that mark.

Dandonk

Or just list the dates on the advertisment. Or use correct language.

"For March" means for the month of March.

"In March" means some time in March.

We shouldnt have to translate their poor language. Or know to click on something. Or know to trawl through the forum for explanations.

Its deceptive language which clearly caught out quite a few people. Only question is whether it was intentionally deceptive.

#Cordovan ?
Yeah, more precision would have been great.

I don't think it was meant to be deceptive, though, not at all. But when you're advertising something like this, you really want it to be crystal clear. It obviously wasn't, when we have all these posts.

Jasparius

Also true, but the point remains, it's confusing for many people, and as a company, it's their job to get the communication right.

They could have started the first wednesday in each month, for instance, to make it clearer. Or made the mouse-over a part of the window-thingies so it always shows, instead of having to rely on mouse-overs.

Yes, you can find all this out, and it's "no further" than a mouse-over. But the fact remains, many people got confused. And especially in commercial communication, it's on the sender to make sure their communication is as clear as possible. This seems to have missed that mark.

Mouse over isnt a thing on a mobile phone. We shouldnt have to know to click on aomething.

The graphic should list expected start dates. There is plenty of room.

If it said "Expected 28 March" I would have most likely delayed my purchase.