DDO Bonus Days!

Saaluta

Founder and altogether cool gamer gurl
blah, you couldn't give us others a xp bonus as well :( like +15% VIP xp and stackable buddy bonus xp since for many of us in US, it will be a long weekend :)

Saal :)

Zaszgul

This is weaksauce all around, a) because non-VIP get nothing and b) cuz regular XP bonus days are for 20% so even VIP are still worse off than if you just did a regular +20% XP bonus.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
This is weaksauce all around, a) because non-VIP get nothing and b) cuz regular XP bonus days are for 20% so even VIP are still worse off than if you just did a regular +20% XP bonus.
These two bonuses do not apply the same way. VIP 15% is much more to quest xp than 20% to heroic/epic xp (at least on first time runs).

seph1roth5

is it actually +15% on top of existing 10%? Or is it bumping up the vip xp boost TO 15%? Also does feel a bit weird to have a vip-only bonus.

Hawk

DDO Bonus Days bring you +15% VIP XP, now through July 5th!

Honestly, I hate seeing stuff like this, it's demoralizing as someone who purchased quite a bit of points/packs over the years. The irony is, that when I saw double points before this post, I thought about grabbing some, and now I don't care anymore. "welcome back! here's nothing for the week!"

Toss people a bone, and at least give everyone +10% xp, and VIP an extra +15%.

popejubal

This is the weekend to use that Heroic Otto's box if you have one. The VIP bonus applies to Otto's XP too.

The +20% quest XP that comes on some DDO Bonus Days weekends does *NOT* apply to Otto's boxes.

The XP grant is increased by these effects:
  • Experience Elixirs - up to 50% = one million XP
  • basic Guild bonus - 5%
  • Master's Gift - 5%
  • basic VIP bonus - 10%
  • Extra DDO Bonus Days VIP 15%

cdbd3rd

I'm sure this will be the balm VIPs have been looking for.
tumblr_o8p75uKTPs1vuzwalo1_540.gif

:D

:D

Oh, even better is putting the bonus points on the day AFTER the Coffer thing sale ends.

< Enter forbidden explitives here. I mean, like, the really really bad ones. Seriously. >

6ZLt.gif

Last edited:

mikarddo

Oh, even better is putting the bonus points on the day AFTER the Coffer thing sale ends.

< Enter forbidden explitives here. I mean, like, the really really bad ones. Seriously. >

It would be rather bad business to offer bonus points at the same time.

Maybe it is you that needs to plan a bit more ahead - buy points when they are cheap even if you dont need them at that time so you have them when the stuff you like is for sale?

Its not SSG thats wrong here.

cdbd3rd

It would be rather bad business to offer bonus points at the same time.

Maybe it is you that needs to plan a bit more ahead - buy points when they are cheap even if you dont need them at that time so you have them when the stuff you like is for sale?

Its not SSG thats wrong here.

Not gonna say you're completely wrong, but will disagree about the effect the bonus might have had on sales of the overpriced coffer.

But adding the bonus the very day after? If that ain't a slap in the face to everyone who was asking for the bonus to mitigate the overpriced coffer, then dunno what else to call it.

"Ha ha ha, that thing you wanted? This thing?" *dangle dangle* ... *smack*

mikarddo

Not gonna say you're completely wrong, but will disagree about the effect the bonus might have had on sales of the overpriced coffer.

But adding the bonus the very day after? If that ain't a slap in the face to everyone who was asking for the bonus to mitigate the overpriced coffer, then dunno what else to call it.

"Ha ha ha, that thing you wanted? This thing?" *dangle dangle* ... *smack*

Rather than immediately go to "they are deliberately trying to piss me off" I suggest you look at the bright side.
You forgot to plan ahead and purchase enough points previously. Now they are giving you the chance to do so while you still remember.

Being annoyed is strictly a choice you are making as far as I can tell. I dont see anything to warrent it - and you could instead decide to see it as a helping hand for the future.

seph1roth5

It's weird because I remember past weekend bonuses where there was a blank xp bonus for everyone, and VIP got an additional boost. I don't remember there ever being a vip-only weekend bonus.

Or is this not the weekend bonus and "ddo bonus days" is just something extra?

Ying

5000+ hours played
This is the weekend to use that Heroic Otto's box if you have one. The VIP bonus applies to Otto's XP too.
One of these days someone at SSG might finally figure out that putting Otto's on sale and having a 20% VIP bonus weekend = huge sales. That would allow a heroic Otto's stone to net 3.8mil XP (ie, go from level 1 to level 20 for a past life). It's always baffled me why SSG makes it so convoluted for players to use Ottos's stones to their maximum efficiency. It requires arcane knowledge of the game and how the various bonuses do or do not stack, like you pointed out.

popejubal

One of these days someone at SSG might finally figure out that putting Otto's on sale and having a 20% VIP bonus weekend = huge sales. That would allow a heroic Otto's stone to net 3.8mil XP (ie, go from level 1 to level 20 for a past life). It's always baffled me why SSG makes it so convoluted for players to use Ottos's stones to their maximum efficiency. It requires arcane knowledge of the game and how the various bonuses do or do not stack, like you pointed out.
Exactly! Since the Isle of Dread mega pack is on sale now, I thought it would be worth bringing up.

Just make sure to chug the Sovereign pot and hit the airship and equip your ML 1 Master's Voice gear before eating the XP stone. I forgot those steps once... :(