DDO Store Sales: June 29th - July 6th

popejubal

I agree with this sentiment.

However, if we can get someone to tell us if we get the FULL benefits of buying ultimate (it is, after all, pretty damn cheap), which means the augment bag a second time etc etc then I will spend the money to buy it.

That would end up being the augment bag a second time, 140 shards (+the 50 I got the first time for collectors).

Now that I think about it, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze, as I just bought one of the largest augment bags and the scoundrel iconic.

:(
The big upgrades for the Ultimate Edition are
one Dimensional Augment bag (very nice because there are 87000 filigrees) at 1575 DDO Points
Universal AP Tome (3495 DDO points each) for every character
Teleport to Sharn clicky

DDOWiki has the details of each purchase level for each of the expansions listed out

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I agree with this sentiment.

However, if we can get someone to tell us if we get the FULL benefits of buying ultimate (it is, after all, pretty damn cheap), which means the augment bag a second time etc etc then I will spend the money to buy it.

That would end up being the augment bag a second time, 140 shards (+the 50 I got the first time for collectors).

Now that I think about it, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze, as I just bought one of the largest augment bags and the scoundrel iconic.

:(
I had Sharn collector's edition and then later got Sharn ultimate and it give me a 2nd augment bag and other stuff. I can't say if that was the intended design or not, but that was the case for me.

Dude

Had double bonus points been week ago, I'd buy lots of points, now I got no interest in them.
Then three weeks from now don't complain that they aren't on sale, when there's something you'd like to buy, but can't because you don't have the points and don't want to pay full price.

Ned_Ellis

Shame it wasn't
25% off Isle of Dread
50% off Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
75% off Fables of the Feywild
75% off Masterminds of Sharn
75% off DDO Expansion Trove
oh well, maybe next winter...

Colossus411

Every time I try and buy the IoD xpac, I get a message saying I can't due to already having it (I don't), sub isn't correct (I'm VIP), offer isn't available (well it just became available lol), and the usual bs technical difficulties/maintenance which I doubt. Kinda disappointed.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Every time I try and buy the IoD xpac, I get a message saying I can't due to already having it (I don't), sub isn't correct (I'm VIP), offer isn't available (well it just became available lol), and the usual bs technical difficulties/maintenance which I doubt. Kinda disappointed.
The most common cause of getting the generic error page when making a purchase through the DDO Market is that you don't have a credit card/payment method linked to the account through the Market system. Check your account to make sure you have a card and that it isn't expired or something. If that doesn't help, reach out to CS for support here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheeps

Tired Member
The most common cause of getting the generic error page when making a purchase through the DDO Market is that you don't have a credit card/payment method linked to the account through the Market system. Check your account to make sure you have a card and that it isn't expired or something. If that doesn't help, reach out to CS for support here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Sounds like there is a mini-game if you're trying to buy stuff on the DDO Market?

😃

Colossus411

Just trying to buy the expansion off the website...been trying all day actually and keep getting same message. Made sure payment info is correct, just the bs of "purchase cannot be completed". I've put in a ticket tho, so I'll see if anything actually comes of that.

Drunken.dx

Then three weeks from now don't complain that they aren't on sale, when there's something you'd like to buy, but can't because you don't have the points and don't want to pay full price.
I never "stock up".

SSG counts on FOMO, which is something I don't do. And refuse to endorse.

Want me to spend money? Give me good deal now, not "stock up and maybe there will be good deal later" BS.

I vote with my wallet.

Dendrix Deathblade

Select Inventory Space

this is at full price for all slots, it's not included in this weeks sales as far as I can see
Trying this on a character who has not bought any Inventory space, I have 5 slots because of Coin Lords faction 75 and 150 rewards.

Chiefvisigoth

Only saltmarsh and dread support the new upgrade system. Fey and Sharn predate the store changes to allow it.
I ran into the same dilemma last year. So I just bought the ultimate expansions when they were on sale. You wind up getting both delivered to your account so you have to open them up and then I just trash the extra stuff. I did that because I wanted all the mounts, heirlings, pets, and cosmetics. I am a hoarder like that sometimes. I just wish they would bring back the extra stuff for Ravenloft again. Kind of like the Keep on the Borderlands pack that is sold in the stores. I really would like to get the teleport clickie for Ravenloft. Just could not afford it when it was available years ago. It is the only teleport item I do not have.

popejubal

The Marketplace is trying to charge me $40.49 for Saltmarsh Collector's Edition. I already own the Standard Edition, so it should be just $30 (plus tax). Any suggestions on what's going on/what I should do? I just ran a Saltmarsh quest, so I confirmed that I do have the content.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The Marketplace is trying to charge me $40.49 for Saltmarsh Collector's Edition. I already own the Standard Edition, so it should be just $30 (plus tax). Any suggestions on what's going on/what I should do? I just ran a Saltmarsh quest, so I confirmed that I do have the content.
There VAT / taxes on that?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You might try going all the way to the final confirmation payment page; I vague recall some people seeing wrong values/pre-discount calculations on intial checkout info and the final confirm page giving the correct price. (never had that issue myself, but I do recall something like that on the old forums but that was a while back so not 100% sure if you'll see a difference or not)

popejubal

You might try going all the way to the final confirmation payment page; I vague recall some people seeing wrong values/pre-discount calculations on intial checkout info and the final confirm page giving the correct price. (never had that issue myself, but I do recall something like that on the old forums but that was a while back so not 100% sure if you'll see a difference or not)
I’m on that page now and it’s still the wrong number. The weirdest thing is that it isn’t the regular upgrade cost and it isn’t the correct discounted upgrade cost and it isn’t the correct discounted cost for an initial purchase. It’s some entirely different number that just seems to have come out of nowhere.

I checked and the ultimate edition is doing something similar.

Spook

The upgrade calculation is right for me.

The calculation it is doing (for me is)

(Full price of Ulitimate - Full Price of Standard) * (1 - 0.25)

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I’m on that page now and it’s still the wrong number. The weirdest thing is that it isn’t the regular upgrade cost and it isn’t the correct discounted upgrade cost and it isn’t the correct discounted cost for an initial purchase. It’s some entirely different number that just seems to have come out of nowhere.

I checked and the ultimate edition is doing something similar.

Did you buy regular for cash or points? You can't upgrade the point version, only cash versions can upgrade.
Mathwise, are you VIP? VIP get a 10% discount on saltmarsh (it was something SSG did for that mini-expansion). $44.99 is price for the collectors edition; with a 10% extra discount that would be the $40.49 you see. If both these conditions are true then it explains everything.