DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Guntango

You maintain your own infrastructure if you believe it is necessary to maintain the skillsets in the company.

Otherwise it just pays to outsource.
One could argue that outsourcing is invariably beneficial. Your brandie new servers are instantly worth nothing the second you plug them in, and at $5/month, they'll be obsolete before you spend 10% of their cost new in rental fees.

droid327

I just hope your datacenter manager can guarantee the problem was a one-time issue...or that you're exploring other service providers to migrate to, if need be

darrett71

Does anyone know if the server login page will automatically update when the servers are up, or do you have to restart the client?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
One could argue that outsourcing is invariably beneficial. Your brandie new servers are instantly worth nothing the second you plug them in, and at $5/month, they'll be obsolete before you spend 10% of their cost new in rental fees.
I suspect they weren't build to scale with the massive number of core setups on modern servers. So they might be locked into older hardware with low cores with fast CPU speeds for ideal usage.

Volarr

Even if they open the worlds my launcher is in the middle of downloading data/surface and sound files it decided to reinstall everything.

Sylvado

You maintain your own infrastructure if you believe it is necessary to maintain the skillsets in the company.

Otherwise it just pays to outsource.
Maintaining your own servers is so last century. Even when you do still have some servers in your own datacenter it is a virtual private cloud. I suspect my company will eliminate their remaining datacenters within 10 years.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
FB_IMG_1711814187889.jpg
This is brilliant! :DD
Cordo, please, change the forum header. Pretty please! :DD