DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Gunguz

Some of y'all need meds. Games are conplex, sever networks are complex.....sometimes, stuff breaks....and for all kinds of reasons. I'm just thankful SSG is in on holiday weekend working to fix things. I'm sure they had plans for this weekend that didn't include any of this.

And by the way, I appreciate the periodic updates from the CM. There is another game under the DBG umbrella (it ends with a "2") that wouldn't bother.

Dude

Some of y'all need meds. Games are conplex, sever networks are complex.....sometimes, stuff breaks....and for all kinds of reasons. I'm just thankful SSG is in on holiday weekend working to fix things. I'm sure they had plans for this weekend that didn't include any of this.

And by the way, I appreciate the periodic updates from the CM. There is another game under the DBG umbrella (it ends with a "2") that wouldn't bother.
Do you have a supply of these "meds" that I can get?

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
All said and done, could have been an unlicensed contractor directing a backhoe. There are so many ways to bring down a server, some funnier than others.
The IT company I worked at had this happen to them in the late 90s. A contractor was doing work on Memorial Day weekend and cut a trunk with a backhoe. Covered it up and went home. Took a long time to find it.

darrett71

What if I told you DDO was my therapy and meds and outlet from things?

Alco

So I just finished a fun but frustrating round of golf (qualifies as touching grass) that included a couple of nice birdies as well as a disastrous quadruple bogey. Did I miss anything? And why isn't my game starting?

FireEater

Well think of it this way...
A lot of people are going to be coming off of raid timers at the same time when the servers come back alive.
So put on your raidin' shoes.

droid327

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm not digging my heels. Your first post made the brash assumption that it was SSG's or their Data Center's fault that the game was down. Your claim was not backed up by any tangible evidence or data. I purely said that you should not cast accusations unless you have substance to back it up, which you have yet to provide.

I never said fault, that was the word you kept using. I specifically said it wasnt about blame, just accountability.

I'm holding SSG accountable to do everything they can to make sure outages like this dont occur again. That means holding their providers likewise accountable, if that's where the problem lies this time. If their providers cant promise reliable service, then SSG needs to do something about that, ie change providers.

What I wont accept is what you're defending, which is SSG simply saying "our provider sucks, but we dont care to do anything about it, so just expect the game to go down like this about once a month or so, because we never specifically promised it wouldnt"

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
So I just finished a fun but frustrating round of golf (qualifies as touching grass) that included a couple of nice birdies as well as a disastrous quadruple bogey. Did I miss anything? And why isn't my game starting?
You have 22 pages to catch up on.

The Narc

You guys are all dreaming hanging on here and expecting something to be done before monday. The one person from ssg that is commenting here is doing it in between courses at his easter dinner with family. His family is all concerned for his business but he just says “dont worry mom and dad these suckers aint going nowhere i have got em for life”

Roflmao

Frantik

I don't use Facebook... does SSG still publish any useful information on there? Because they don't on their own forum.

young_hustlah209

maybe.... just maybe.. none of our PCs can supprt all the pre reqs that are being installed so we cant play... but those who have good PCs are in game having a blast!!!

Sweyn

I'm holding SSG accountable to do everything they can to make sure outages like this dont occur again. That means holding their providers likewise accountable, if that's where the problem lies this time. If their providers cant promise reliable service, then SSG needs to do something about that, ie change providers.
I agree 100% with this. SSG is completely responsible for their game up-time.
What I wont accept is what you're defending, which is SSG simply saying "our provider sucks, but we dont care to do anything about it, so just expect the game to go down like this about once a month or so, because we never specifically promised it wouldnt"
I never claimed any of this at all. Your original post assumed fault. Please look up the difference between responsibility and fault.