DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

RedPiety

All game servers going down simultaneously, and the login launcher being unable to even access the initial login, suggests it's not an issue stemming from the game update but rather a problem with the hardware of the login servers or an issue with the data center itself.

And login servers and database servers are often shared in older systems.

I was doing SAGA like a monkey collecting cards until a few hours before the servers went down.
Plus, the time the servers went down this time was just before the daily backup started.

If there's a rollback, I'll cry.
honestly i just tr'd a toon to lv 9 I think an figured out a messed up a feat, so yeah I would not mind a free restart :p

Jummby

Well tbf some people have acquired experience from their careers that they can make an educated guess on the problem, and Cordovan did say it was related to "issues with the data center," but no one can claim to 100% know what the main problem is with the restricted information provided.

You don't think they need to investigate first in order to fix it?
Can't they just ask all the experts on the forums.what the issue is?

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
Can't they just ask all the experts on the forums.what the issue is?
cause just like how every windows pc is its own environment (different hardware, anti virus, installed software, firewall settings, profile settings etc.) as well as you have different OS's (when it comes to servers there are as many set up's as there are linux distro's and you also can include window server OS and there are even some other custom OS solutions) so basically it comes down to what is running on the rack and the hardware.

all techies can do is make educated guessed based on what can happen based on the information given. If the techies were given the error logs you could bet your next gold/raid item they could find it in a matter of a few min to an hour or 2, cause if nothing else when techies get in a room stuff gets done as they will split up the load.

that's what we did on the Vault project for archiving and cleaning up what used to be "TheTrove" ttrpg site we scraped everything then like 5-9 of us worked on trimming the fat and when we got possible leads on missing folders we would add it to the project mega folder and others would do what they needed.

PURPLETIMB

As midnight eastern time approaches and still no news I'm starting to dread we may not be playing again until Monday...

Myosin

Boy when I saw the servers were down right about before noon I didn't expect they'd be down all weekend. I mean, I'm used to DDO becoming entirely broke at a moment's notice but it sure highlights how I need to find some other game that I get comparable grinding pleasure out of. Maybe I should give Fallout 4 another go - I still haven't technically beat it and I can get all zenned out for a long time building settlements.

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
Boy when I saw the servers were down right about before noon I didn't expect they'd be down all weekend. I mean, I'm used to DDO becoming entirely broke at a moment's notice but it sure highlights how I need to find some other game that I get comparable grinding pleasure out of. Maybe I should give Fallout 4 another go - I still haven't technically beat it and I can get all zenned out for a long time building settlements.
well one thing I noticed last night during stream was the server lagging out like no tomarrow and I was getting hit from nowhere by champs while not even within range (died to something no clue what cause it wasn't even on screen or any were near my soul stone) while I was falling and I had jumped off like 5 seconds before I died

Myosin

I am truly regretting spending the hundreds I did in the last week. I am too trusting. Still love the game. I just have a very bad feeling about this.

I stopped playing in like 2014 for several years cause of paranoia that DDO was on its last leg held together with duct tape and chewing gum. These kind of "oh the entire game is down? we'll get it up in a few days" events aren't anything new.