Devs, you fixing the frame rate issue?

misterski

Really? Other games have problems that entail crippling your while computer to play it and eat all your ram? 32 megs of ram and an rtx video card should be enough to run a game, no? Other games you play require you to restart the game every 20 min?

Do Other games you play have game changes on every update at this point to have to redo all your toons?

Go fall on your sword elsewhere.
Yes. Memory leaks are not a new thing. They've been around since programming languages were created. Get a grip.

Jummby

Yes. Memory leaks are not a new thing. They've been around since programming languages were created. Get a grip.
Memory leaks...

You work for ssg and know that's the issue, or did you overhear some terminology in a char room somewhere and decided to invoke it on a forum post?

Maybe you googled the issue?

• Haha
Reactions: Ozz

Randomdude1223

Your village called, they are looking for you....
Anyone with basic programming knowledge knows what a memory leak is, and it is probably the culprit in this case. Anyhow, there is no need to resort to pathetic insults. That goes for the both of you. You got a response from a developer regarding your priority question. I'd say just bury the hatchet and call it a day. This thread should be closed, imo.

misterski

Memory leaks...

You work for ssg and know that's the issue, or did you overhear some terminology in a char room somewhere and decided to invoke it on a forum post?

Maybe you googled the issue?
The symptoms described are a classic case of a memory leak. It's not hard if you know a few things about programming and memory management, which I do. I was a comp sci major and learned about these things. Yes that's right I actually know what I'm talking about. Again, get a grip.

Jasparius

When I play other games I log in and things just work. I don't have to deal with these types of shenanigans. I just log in and play the game.

Instead of worrying about what can be nerfed or what aspect of tne game more money be squeezed out of, have they considered just making sure the game works?

Blizzard are literally hundreds, if not a thousand times bigger and still have issues.

woq

Just as an example, PoE has struggled with performance issues and builds being destroyed to the point where the regular memes have to do with servers being cooked, performance being astonishingly bad and people recommending not touching new leagues on the first week or two to avoid the problems as well as the "first time?" meme being used every single league without fail due to complaints on class/build balancing - and it is arguably one of if not the best arpg out there.

That doesn't mean people can't be rightly annoyed at the current state of things in DDO. A cool new update comes out and the weekend after has the client fighting against you with growing strength is not great, to the point where it is almost unplayable. People are understandably upset, if some reactions may be a tad excessive.

Hobgoblin

Anyone with basic programming knowledge knows what a memory leak is, and it is probably the culprit in this case. Anyhow, there is no need to resort to pathetic insults. That goes for the both of you. You got a response from a developer regarding your priority question. I'd say just bury the hatchet and call it a day. This thread should be closed, imo.
not getting into the terminology but on the live stream i believe cordo said it wasnt a direct memory leak - he got that from the team working on it

Elves United

This is silly. The frame rate issue is a major problem. It damages gameplay and makes the game look bad for new players. I'm surprised they haven't put up a notice in the ddo startup screen acknowledging the problem, say they are working on it, telling what can be done to mitigate it, and apologizing for the inconvenience. Not everyone reads the forums. But of course they are fixing it. Of course it is their top priority.

Randomdude1223

This is silly. The frame rate issue is a major problem. It damages gameplay and makes the game look bad for new players. I'm surprised they haven't put up a notice in the ddo startup screen acknowledging the problem, say they are working on it, telling what can be done to mitigate it, and apologizing for the inconvenience. Not everyone reads the forums. But of course they are fixing it. Of course it is their top priority.
Tbf it doesn't help that this occurred during a weekend

Hobgoblin

You are talking about them communicating everything first on the forums right? i mean it would be silly for them to use other means to disseminate information like fakebook or twiddler or youtube..... naw they would always do that

Jummby

The symptoms described are a classic case of a memory leak. It's not hard if you know a few things about programming and memory management, which I do. I was a comp sci major and learned about these things. Yes that's right I actually know what I'm talking about. Again, get a grip.
Get a clue, it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hobgoblin

Get a clue, it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

saekee

long live ROGUE
It remains the highest priority.
hi Jerry, as community manager, may I make a gentle suggestion?

Put this statement in the launcher and make an announcement on your own here in the forums under announcements.

I was in a raid last night and half the players were unaware. And yes, things tanked fast.

Otherwise people are in the cold waiting for the bus to show up and have no idea if it is on the way and when it will get there. You are in the office and know what is happening. It is different for players. Please kindly empathise here.

edit: I see it is there, good start; now let's have a thread about it by a dev.

Last edited: