Do Cannith Crafting Success Boosters actually do anything?

The Narc

Its rigged but even with that it is still easy to get to the all important level 250 in a shortened hardcore season. So really its a mute point, but the ultimate point is stop buying their crafting boosters in the store, you are paying for chips at the rigged roulette table.

Frieling Slyhand

I have had similar experiences where roll after roll fails and the booster and % chance of success seem irrelevant. I usually try removing and replacing booster and it seems to help. Haven’t tried leaving and using another crafting station but I might next time. The consecutive failures go far beyond the range of randomness and while five or more fails in a row even with a high % are not unusual, I never see streaks of success that are as long as fail streaks.

Draeqo

They do work for levelling up on HC by just crafting ML shards. When they fail you 'just' loose essences. And I ensure to keep the chance without booster) above 50%, unless I'm really pressed for time ...

But yeah, it feels more that a 25% booster is from x% to max 25%, where x might as well be near 0. Hence I only used them on HC for crafting any other kinds of shards to increase the chance from base (say 75%) to 100% or at least well above 50%, but it seems you still may roll a 0 ...
And the total chance is base% + d20*(0-max booster%), and unless this total is clearly at 100% you may still fail, because anything under 100% (boosted) seems to involve another dice roll, unclear to me how well balanced. Hence I ensured that the total chance after booster was 100% (or more) to avoid loosing my precious uncommon collectibles for no gain...

Sympl

I was leveling up my crafter on Friday. I was trying to make a ml item and had a base 10% success rate, and I was using a stack of 30% Boosters, so a “40%” chance. I had 5 failures in a row. Ok, rng gonna rng. Had a success. Then I had NINE failures in a row, followed by a success, so 2 for 16. That is considerably closer to the base 10% success rate than the modified “40%” success rate.

I do understand that rng is rng, but this game is also famous for randomly breaking itself, so I was just curious what everyone else’s experience has been lately.
Yeah.....you like to risk it all, don't you?

Arguably, the safe and "proper" way to use a 30% booster is when you have a 70% chance to craft the item. Any lower than that introduces risk. Do I introduce risk myself in this process? You bet, but as you mentioned, rng is rng and I am notoriously cursed, in and out of this game when it comes to the element of luck. I personally wouldn't waste a booster without being able to at least hit 60-70% after it was applied.

SithHound

Thanks for all of the replies. The general consensus seems to be “they work if you hold your mouth right”.
I’ll get better about removing/reapplying the boosters.

Livmo

I was leveling up my crafter on Friday. I was trying to make a ml item and had a base 10% success rate, and I was using a stack of 30% Boosters, so a “40%” chance. I had 5 failures in a row. Ok, rng gonna rng. Had a success. Then I had NINE failures in a row, followed by a success, so 2 for 16. That is considerably closer to the base 10% success rate than the modified “40%” success rate.

I do understand that rng is rng, but this game is also famous for randomly breaking itself, so I was just curious what everyone else’s experience has been lately.
The fastest way to level is to do so on a crafting xp buff weekend. Use a stack of 5 Greater Crafting XP pots. Skip the boosters. Craft the bound level shards 1st and then unbound level shards 2nd to 30. Only uses essences. I like hitting a 3% chance to get big booms in XP. Better without booster IMO for the big XP hits.

I went from 0 to level 290 last weekend on Orien. I had about 6 stacks of 10k essences.

To show difference in RNG I only made it to level 271 with same chance on Cannith last weekend. I had more stacks, but wasn't able to finish:

275 is when you can start crafting bound Insightful Shards as a heads up. I like to put those on dual slot stat items.

My bad I hoovered all the essences off both Shard Exchanges : ) )

I was trying to see which sever I could reach 275 on 1st :D

Last edited:
Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Yeah.. need 10 stacks to be sure. The pot has always outlasted my Shards.. have 20 stacks to be sure ;) Amazing how fast y go through em.

It is NOT rigged. It's Math n Statistics/Probability.

Last edited: