Do you DDO player want the New XP System Adjustments will come on the U60?

Do you DDO player want the New XP System Adjustments will come on the U60?

• Yes

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • No, any suggestion?

Votes: 117 86.0%
  • Others.....

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Svirfneblin

Problem: We're *told* that Players are running around, zerging quests which causes more lag * .

Solution: Dork around with Experience Points. Upset players. Slow progression. Increase play time with less results. Burn more XP Potions.

Review: Don't see the correlation. And I was online at 10pm tonight Pacific Time tonight and 160 players were on my server. Are you saying those 160 people are ZERGing so absolute much it lags out our quests and raids we were in tonight?? I doubt it. 160 people cause clickies and spells and effects not to trigger like we saw at this time tonight? Are your resources and load balancing and redundancies so menial that it cannot handle ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY PEOPLE? Several of which are soloing or just standing there crafting or just banking?????

Conclusion: Needs further review. Perhaps the Problematic theory is nonsense and deflection and diversion from the real problem.

Suggestion: Try slowing down players by reducing movement speed and see how that works for a few weeks before Dorking around with Experience. Since that will slow ZERGing.

Thank You,
Deep Gnome.

DeathTitan

Problem: We're *told* that Players are running around, zerging quests which causes more lag * .

Solution: Dork around with Experience Points. Upset players. Slow progression. Increase play time with less results. Burn more XP Potions.

Review: Don't see the correlation. And I was online at 10pm tonight Pacific Time tonight and 160 players were on my server. Are you saying those 160 people are ZERGing so absolute much it lags out our quests and raids we were in tonight?? I doubt it. 160 people cause clickies and spells and effects not to trigger like we saw at this time tonight? Are your resources and load balancing and redundancies so menial that it cannot handle ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY PEOPLE? Several of which are soloing or just standing there crafting or just banking?????

Conclusion: Needs further review. Perhaps the Problematic theory is nonsense and deflection and diversion from the real problem.

Suggestion: Try slowing down players by reducing movement speed and see how that works for a few weeks before Dorking around with Experience. Since that will slow ZERGing.

Thank You,
Deep Gnome.
slowing down players means death for your players because many casters and ranged toons jump and run around mobs to avoid to be hit.

Another thing I noticed are those situations that bring from no alert to red alert instantly: for example in Frame Work quest where the group leader stealth his way to boss through side gate and another player decides not to follow the leader and go frontal gate and reach the arena causing an inevitable red alert.
Solution for Frame Work quest: absolutely solo it r1 and avoid to group with people, that way the quest ends in 3 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Anyway before the free transfer on Orien and Sarlona I did not have any particular lag problems: all started since many players transferred on Orien and Sarlona at the same time, and now you are telling me that lag affects also your server when there are only 160 players online (I believe you).

Developers should make their job to find and fix those issues without forcing players to play the game how developers want.

DeathTitan

Won't people just zerg harder to get the best XP value out of their time and/or XP pots?
yeah, zergers will still try to get quick past lives, and because there are a looooot of past lives they will not accept to get slowed and quit the game.

By the way developers are transforming stupid R1 heroic quests in more difficult than R10 while there is red alert (imagine mobs recovering in a couple of seconds frorm crowd control spells like I read in the forum).

Jeronimo

Just change the conquest bonus, increasing it significantly so that it will be a HUGE carrot for people that want to spend time killing every mob in the dungeon. Everybody will be happy! If you zerg, you'll get less xp (or possibly the same xp) compared to not zerging. The time to lvl to cap will probably not change much compared with today, if people clears every quest they do.

At least, IMHO, it would be much better than current suggestion, that for me will mean that each TR will take much longer time.

Geezer

This is the most ridiculous proposed change I have ever heard. If you want to do away with dungeon alerts, lower the number of mobs and stop having them following us through the whole dungeon. Slowing peoples tr progression by them getting less xp per quest will just cause anger in the players here. The most efficient way for most people here to kill large mobs is to run through them, gather them up in one area and kill em all at once, not fiddle around killing them one at a time. Then, theres the slayer zones like Feywild. You cant port directly to the quests, so you get on your horse to speed up travel and you wind up getting aggro and a dungeon alert from monsters you cant see until you're right on top of them and they pop out from hiding . Then you get knocked off the horse and have to waste time killing them. Stop this nonsens of nerfing everything.

PaleFox

We've said this quite a few times before, but Dungeon Alert does not cause lag. It simply acts as the alert system that lag-inducing behavior is taking place. It's like saying the fire alarm caused the fire.
Yeah, but instead on sprinkling water it is hooked up to the gasoline-system.

giphy.gif

somenewnoob

I heard one more before - builder/spender system for ED. Fortunately, the developers had the mind to abandon it. 8)

And that's a good reminder that WE CAN get them to change their minds about changes sometimes. We went full torch and pitchfork on that, and they scrapped it. And it looks (fingers crossed) that they are going to hopefully go with more of a carrot approach in the xp changes possibly now instead of the proposed nerf.

DeathTitan

This is the most ridiculous proposed change I have ever heard. If you want to do away with dungeon alerts, lower the number of mobs and stop having them following us through the whole dungeon. Slowing peoples tr progression by them getting less xp per quest will just cause anger in the players here. The most efficient way for most people here to kill large mobs is to run through them, gather them up in one area and kill em all at once, not fiddle around killing them one at a time. Then, theres the slayer zones like Feywild. You cant port directly to the quests, so you get on your horse to speed up travel and you wind up getting aggro and a dungeon alert from monsters you cant see until you're right on top of them and they pop out from hiding . Then you get knocked off the horse and have to waste time killing them. Stop this nonsens of nerfing everything.
You know that you will be called "zerger" for what you wrote :D ahahah.

But yes, that's the way to play: for example, when I play druid and I'm level 7 I run until they slow me because they hit me while yellow/red alert, mobs are gathered so I can efficiently cast a couple of flame strikes to kill them all.
I don't know why they want to discourage this 100% legit way of killing mobs: now they are changing by transforming R1 enemies into R10 enemies on red alert.

Cmecu

All the things wrong with this game, and this is what they are focusing on?
They are making it like its our fault that we are Min/Max our gear, optimizing, and working on getting past lives to make us more powerful so we can do content quicker..
What are people who run the 50% pots.. You can get X amount of quests done with one pot.. But now, you have to spend all this extra time running around to every nook and cranny of a dungeon, killing everything.. and then sometimes you cant find everything.. SO you waste more time .. what if you missed 1 monster all the way back at the beginning of a zone.. and it will take 5 minutes to run back to kill it..

I mean really, this is what you guys sit around thinking about? How to make the game even more tedious for what little amount of players you have left?
Its our fault we got better at the game and used the better gear you gave us, and all the epic destinies, and all the increased in damage, and gave us reaper trees.. Now you want to punish us by making us kill everything in a dungeon...

Here is what I think is going on.. You all have no clue why the game acts the way it does.. So your going to blame us, and you will try this conquest thing.. and lets say we all do slow down.. I am betting it doesnt fix the lag.. What if it doesnt fix it? What excuses will you all make next?

Also what if this is the problem, we going too fast through quests, and people still dont decide to go after conquest and speed through the dungeon...Lag would still be there .. so then what is your next solution?

Lets scrap this idea , think of something else please

Last edited:

Altra

All the things wrong with this game, and this is what they are focusing on?
They are making it like its our fault that we are Min/Max our gear, optimizing, and working on getting past lives to make us more powerful so we can do content quicker..
What are people who run the 50% pots.. You can get X amount of quests done with one pot.. But now, you have to spend all this extra time running around to every nook and cranny of a dungeon, killing everything.. and then sometimes you cant find everything.. SO you waste more time .. what if you missed 1 monster all the way back at the beginning of a zone.. and it will take 5 minutes to run back to kill it..
Don't forget about the mobs that spawn in walls, so you CAN'T kill them!

Drunken.dx

Won't people just zerg harder to get the best XP value out of their time and/or XP pots?
This is EXACTLY what will happen.

No sane zerger will EVER chase conquest in one quest if they can get better XP/min zerging through 2 quests instead of doing conquest in one quest.

This change is not to combat lag or whatever, it's to reduce players XP/min gain, because some "genius" at SSG thinks it will increase XP pot sales.

How many DDO players have limited play time?
How many of them have 100% XP pot uptime?
If you don't have time to play you won't buy additonal XP pots because you have no time to burn those you already bought.

I would not be surprised biggest spenders in DDO have VERY limited playtime and they spend not as p2w but p2s (pay to skip) or p2pf (pay to progress faster)...

Ahpuch

The flatfooted henchmen to the rescue:

Hench1: "Oy you! You wanna get my boss' doodad, you gotta go through me!"

Hero (looking back): "Well, you were looking a little unprepared so I thought I would just run on by and grab it while you tied on your greaves"

Hench2: "You can try that, you can, but we will make you pay!"

Hero (still heading forward): "You mean you will catch me before I get to your boss and inflict grevious injury on me?"

Hench1: "Nah, we can't follow so well. But you will still pay!"

Hero: "How so? Will you prevent me from leaving with the doodad?"

Hench1: "No, you can get away with it but we will deny you!"

Hero: "Deny what?"

Hench2: "Experience!"

Hero: "So if I engage in battle with you I will get more experience? More than if I just leave and grab a different boss' doodad?"

Hench2: "Nah, Not likely"

Hench1 (to Hench2): "Well maybe if he finds all our cousins and fights them as well."

Hench2 (to Hench1): "Maybe with all of them. And he would have to find Zed"

Hench1: "Of course he would need to get through Zed!"

Hench2 (to Hero): "Yeah. See if you find all .... Hey, where'd he go now?"

(in hindsight, it pretty hard to compete with flame throwing beavers...)

Last edited:

CBDunk

We've said this quite a few times before, but Dungeon Alert does not cause lag. It simply acts as the alert system that lag-inducing behavior is taking place. It's like saying the fire alarm caused the fire.

Yes, and the Dungeon Alert system is like automatically locking all the doors... rather than installing a sprinkler system.

somenewnoob

Yes, and the Dungeon Alert system is like automatically locking all the doors... rather than installing a sprinkler system.

And we've said quite a few time s they should fix their lag inducing code rather than blaming the players and punishing them because they can't get their game to run correctly like other games do.