Downtime Notice: Thursday, February 29th 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Oberon

So, its not that 32 bit 64 bit thing - But Servers are showing up and I am CtD when attempting to join the server.

Here's hoping all the banking I did at lunch time doesn't go boom

🙏

Ellisaria

So can we reincarnate now or will do we still run the risk of being screwed on btc cursed items potentially becoming double cursed? (I'd rather not ruin a reaper hat that got a fortunate bonus, thanks.)

Reactions: DBZ

drjoans

kinda-known member
So, its not that 32 bit 64 bit thing - But Servers are showing up and I am CtD when attempting to join the server.

🙏
Yeah I still havent been able to log on after doing the repair function on the launcher, sounds like we were having similar things going on. I've opted for a whole reinstall, not sure if it'll work or not but better than sitting on my hands i guess

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
So can we reincarnate now or will do we still run the risk of being screwed on btc cursed items potentially becoming double cursed? (I'd rather not ruin a reaper hat that got a fortunate bonus, thanks.)

Just tested this. Bad news. It appears that the cause (if you had the innocent Multi-Curse), will do one last Curse. But because the Curse will make it a Multi-Curse item, once you pull the item out from the Reincarnation Cache, it will convert it into an Overloaded Curse. :confused:

J1NG

Blerkington

Now it just remains to be seen if an unpopular update + bugs and extra downtime = healthy points and otto's boxes sales figures. I saw a few people on the forums champing at the bit to pay SSG for their ineptitude but how representative that is overall I just don't know. Seems likely a bad result would be rationalised away rather than any lesson learnt.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Let me clarify what I wrote above:

1. If you have already Reincarnated and worried that you might have a Multi-Curse capable item, unfortunately the protection put into place by SSG will NOT prevent it from Cursing the item one last time when you remove it from the Cache. This will cause it to become a Multi-Curse item that then becomes an Overloaded Curse item instead.

Because I can not provide more detailed information because it will reveal certain aspects of the issue, I can only say. Good Luck and hope any Cursed item you have is not a Multi-Curse possible item.

2. If you have NOT Reincarnated. Then if you Reincarnate now. The Multi-Curse should "in theory" no longer impact you. However, I will need to perform some more tests on this to be certain on this. But in a general sense from what I know, it's theoretically "safe". But if anyone is worried, you should wait for me to finish testing it first to confirm.

J1NG

Ellisaria

Just tested this. Bad news. It appears that the cause (if you had the innocent Multi-Curse), will do one last Curse. But because the Curse will make it a Multi-Curse item, once you pull the item out from the Reincarnation Cache, it will convert it into an Overloaded Curse. :confused:

J1NG
Even if it only has one curse on it right now, it can still get a second one removing it from the tr cache and then become overloaded?

Ellisaria

Let me clarify what I wrote above:

1. If you have already Reincarnated and worried that you might have a Multi-Curse capable item, unfortunately the protection put into place by SSG will NOT prevent it from Cursing the item one last time when you remove it from the Cache. This will cause it to become a Multi-Curse item that then becomes an Overloaded Curse item instead.

Because I can not provide more detailed information because it will reveal certain aspects of the issue, I can only say. Good Luck and hope any Cursed item you have is not a Multi-Curse possible item.

2. If you have NOT Reincarnated. Then if you Reincarnate now. The Multi-Curse should "in theory" no longer impact you. However, I will need to perform some more tests on this to be certain on this. But in a general sense from what I know, it's theoretically "safe". But if anyone is worried, you should wait for me to finish testing it first to confirm.

J1NG
Thanks for the clarification and going out of your way to test and prove these things.

drjoans

kinda-known member

🙏
So the full reinstall worked.... :/ not the funnest solution but hey it worked..... I will note that some kind of error popped up twice in the later stages of the install/update.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
But if anyone is worried, you should wait for me to finish testing it first to confirm.
dkNJdrN.gif