Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Ah zod it, I don't think any Dev is on this late, so will just go and create a multi-curse item on all accounts now just in case it's the Item Overlevel overloaded debuff and not just weight overloaded.

J1NG

Ahpuch

Ah zod it, I don't think any Dev is on this late, so will just go and create a multi-curse item on all accounts now just in case it's the Item Overlevel overloaded debuff and not just weight overloaded.

J1NG
I would have assumed it was a do nothing curse. Its only purpose being to prevent recursing an item without spending a cleanser. Clarity would have been nice.

PraetorPlato

J1NG
Why would you *want* to be item over level debuffed?

Ahpuch

So, for your incompetence, allowed bug go to live, you punish players?
...just don't have non-obscene words... 🤬
Having met some players who got double cursed items, they knew what they were doing and they knew it was not intended. I think the solution is apt.

I have heard there are some who got items double cursed in a TR cache bug. If that is a thing, those players should be accommodated but I doubt that is the majority of incidences. It should also trigger SSG to fix their stupid TR process.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Why would you *want* to be item over level debuffed?

Because then I don't have to bug DDO out in order to get that item over levelled debuff instead. Also I did ask if there was ever a chance the Devs could deploy that so it's easier to get at one point in the past. And, this might be it. But of course I'll have to do it now before the change deploys. Unless if the method to multi-curse is not fixed, then I can just do whenever? Hmmm...

Oh, you mean functionality what I want it for? Ah, that's for Cinematics then. We don't have enough "movement speeds" and with the right animations.

We have Fast Horse Sprint, Horse Sprint, Fast Horse Trot, Horse Trot, Sprint Boosted Run, Monk Run, etc. all the way down to a "walk". But the walk is still too fast for the animations it's tied to and actually looks "wrong". But when overlevelled item debuff is applied, the normal or accelerated movement is actually much more like "walking" (certainly animation wise). Also, not tried it with mounts, but it could provide an extra movement speed for those too if it applies to them, giving more speeds of them moving rather than just the moderate, fast and very fast speeds.

J1NG

Solarpower

So many bug fixes listed in these notes (cues incoming "SSG never fixed bugs" posts soon). :LOL:
Oh, 'cmon. Anyone can write a list.
It doesn't mean those fixes are in the game and not just in the list... 🤣
(Let alone new bugs that would be introduced with those fixes. 🤐)

*smh* Clearly no amount of feedback made any bit of difference.
It's been 84 yea... Ahem.
And when was the last time feedbacks have value ?

popejubal

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, February 28th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 66: Rise of the Dragon Lord. Find the release notes on DDO.com. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
kcXZHcG.jpeg

There was a lot of good actionable feedback. You did not action it.

zandoe

Just deal with the nerfs and reroll toons needed to something different. This always happens. Nerfs almost ever make sense in this game.

example from this update

adrenaline + different attack to multiply damage = profit
hunt's end + different attack to multilply damage = lets nerf

??

droid327

I guess I got all the leveling I could get done with Tumble still intact. RIP, golden age of HTRing...you will be missed. Every time I have to run a long hallway with no way to go faster like Tumble gave us.

That's going to be a lot of reminders of what we used to have, that did zero harm, but the devs still took away.

Oh well...I guess at least the DL CHA Trance is no longer alignment-restricted, so Sacred Fist can do that instead...

zandoe

I guess I got all the leveling I could get done with Tumble still intact. RIP, golden age of HTRing...you will be missed. Every time I have to run a long hallway with no way to go faster like Tumble gave us.

That's going to be a lot of reminders of what we used to have, that did zero harm, but the devs still took away.

Oh well...I guess at least the DL CHA Trance is no longer alignment-restricted, so Sacred Fist can do that instead...
Lets wait when they realize this new tumble mechanism has to be nerfed. Atleast all will get past life when have to (e)tr to max out tumble :)

PersonMan

Because then I don't have to bug DDO out in order to get that item over levelled debuff instead. Also I did ask if there was ever a chance the Devs could deploy that so it's easier to get at one point in the past. And, this might be it. But of course I'll have to do it now before the change deploys. Unless if the method to multi-curse is not fixed, then I can just do whenever? Hmmm...

Oh, you mean functionality what I want it for? Ah, that's for Cinematics then. We don't have enough "movement speeds" and with the right animations.

We have Fast Horse Sprint, Horse Sprint, Fast Horse Trot, Horse Trot, Sprint Boosted Run, Monk Run, etc. all the way down to a "walk". But the walk is still too fast for the animations it's tied to and actually looks "wrong". But when overlevelled item debuff is applied, the normal or accelerated movement is actually much more like "walking" (certainly animation wise). Also, not tried it with mounts, but it could provide an extra movement speed for those too if it applies to them, giving more speeds of them moving rather than just the moderate, fast and very fast speeds.

J1NG
Yes, the smooth slow movement is rather nice and sometimes walk mode does not cut it.

Elves United

If it was possible to get multiple curses on an item by accident then a special uncursing card that only works with overloaded should be buyable from vendors for platinum. Even then, requiring a card of cleansing which last I checked has a drop rate roughly equal to winning the big prize in a lottery is vindictive.

If it was possible to get multiple curses on an item by accident then a special uncursing card that only works with overloaded should be buyable from vendors for platinum. Even then, requiring a card of cleansing which last I checked has a drop rate roughly equal to winning the big prize in a lottery is vindictive.
thats a good word for it, seems petty by ssg, they released it and its broken, player base gets punished for it (especially those who have items with mulitple curses just from reincarnating...) i have 2 m3 dino artifacts that i never cursed that got multiple curses from tring and now ill be locked out from cursing them

AMess

• Schism Shard weapons no longer lose W score when they are upgraded
K-rap, um I recently upgraded a the warhammer (preparing for a dual warhammer dragon lord!) and notice it did lose .4[W]. Will the new release fix weapons recently upgraded or is there a way to wash it somehow?