Downtime Notice: Wednesday, January 24th 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, January 24th from 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for weekly maintenance. This is a longer than usual downtime due to additional maintenance taking place. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Last edited:

Beast

I have to admit, that's a really good timing to start server manteinance.
Starting sooner in the morning is optimal.
Well done! 👍

liosliante

I have to admit, that's a really good timing to start server manteinance.
Starting sooner in the morning is optimal.
Well done! 👍
The important thing is what are they going to delete or change today inside the game... And are we going to have one more day for Hardcore because it's a long manteinance? I'm from Europe and I don't live in an American world!!

Beast

The important thing is what are they going to delete or change today inside the game... And are we going to have one more day for Hardcore because it's a long manteinance? I'm from Europe and I don't live in an American world!!
I live in EU too.
Second, what are going to delete or change today? the "balance" will happen later, today it's just manteinance (plus other stuff they have to do)

Kheledon

Snowpeaks has to be activated and tested, I assume, along with other maintenance, but such changes have never taken so long in the past. :unsure:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
"Maintenance" typically means the devs are fixing issues with the server hardware, or making minor updates to fix bugs or improve game performance that don't require their own patch notes, probably because we wouldn't understand them. It might not look like much is happening on our end, but that's because the work is to prevent bad stuff that never ends up happening. Trust me, if they stopped doing it, we'd notice very quickly.

As for Hardcore, no, they won't be extending it - the date it's marked as finishing is always the date it finishes, regardless of what happens during the season.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
"Maintenance" typically means the devs are fixing issues with the server hardware, or making minor updates to fix bugs or improve game performance that don't require their own patch notes, probably because we wouldn't understand them. It might not look like much is happening on our end, but that's because the work is to prevent bad stuff that never ends up happening. Trust me, if they stopped doing it, we'd notice very quickly.

As for Hardcore, no, they won't be extending it - the date it's marked as finishing is always the date it finishes, regardless of what happens during the season.

yeah, a quick look at the lotro forum show us that is has the exact same downtime for the same reason. so it's their tech\server stuff, as stated.

we players are really big meanies, we have something to discuss, complain, search for hidden plans, hidden motives, whatever they do and no matter what they do, and if they do or if they don't hahahahahahha :LOL: well, it's a part of the game for gamers a part of the job for devs, nothing new under the sun :LOL: i am guilty too :p

Ahpuch

Actually, Maintenance should not include any game updates. They have in the past addressed exploits in a maintenance window but that was rare and they received a lot flak for being sneaky. I don't think they have patched secretly in a maintenance window in a long while. I would not want people to think it is common nor tell SSG that we would accept that.

Maintenance can also include things like OS patches and DB upgrades which can make it take longer than the usual weekly reboot..

Kheledon

we players are really big meanies, we have something to discuss, complain, search for hidden plans, hidden motives, whatever they do and no matter what they do, and if they do or if they don't hahahahahahha :LOL: well, it's a part of the game for gamers a part of the job for devs, nothing new under the sun :LOL: i am guilty too :p
The players' twisted versions of reality are more interesting. ;)

Jummby

yeah, a quick look at the lotro forum show us that is has the exact same downtime for the same reason. so it's their tech\server stuff, as stated.

Do they have server hardware of their own end at this point? Probably just working on a game exploit or a doing a stealth nerf.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
Do they have server hardware of their own end at this point? Probably just working on a game exploit or a doing a stealth nerf.

ddo and lotro servers are in boston area by ssg, afaik.
about sneak fixing exploits....they don't talk in detail about exploits and their fixes usually, so they would not have told us anyway.

Last edited: