Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 6th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

seph1roth5

Is there any reason why it has to be done on a Wed? Can you just do a hotfix today and NOT do a wed. downtime?

Abax11

This will also correct the issue with mouse sensibility?
  • Corrected an issue that was causing the game client's frame rate to decrease over time.

Dendrix Deathblade

Is there any reason why it has to be done on a Wed? Can you just do a hotfix today and NOT do a wed. downtime?
Because the "downtime in 1 hour" provokes massive whines from entitled players
Because they may have maintenance things planned for the downtime anyway (as most weeks)
Because time to prep/test the release and do it properly is better with way less chance of something going wrong.

This isn't a gamebreaking/exploit bug that requires a hotfix, it's a mild inconvenience solved by restarting your client every hour taking 1-2 minutes.

woq

Because the "downtime in 1 hour" provokes massive whines from entitled players
Because they may have maintenance things planned for the downtime anyway (as most weeks)
Because time to prep/test the release and do it properly is better with way less chance of something going wrong.

This isn't a gamebreaking/exploit bug that requires a hotfix, it's a mild inconvenience solved by restarting your client every hour taking 1-2 minutes.
What? Mild inconvenience? Completely disagree. For me the deterioration is fast and it is a mild inconvenience after ~~5 loading screens. Depending on quests run at 45min or sooner it can be essentially unplayable and yes, while it is "solved" by restarting your client... It is not like it doesn't affect you before that mark. It gets to mild inconvenience fast and a game ruining thing within a considerably small timeframe for some of us.

The only thing that is a mild inconvenience about it is me doing other things with my time than playing DDO because of it.

PersonMan

After a bit of playing every quest just feels like a bad run of Yester Hill atm. The mouse sensitivity loss is what is really bothersome, have to keep upping my DPI settings to compensate (or just re-client endlessly)

Lacci

Yeah, for me the stuttering and mouse look were also more than just an inconvenience. But it´s also no big deal for me to not play for a week and wait for the fix. Hopefully, I can hop on the TR train again on the weekend ...

lppmor

Will this hotfix create what kind of issue now?

1) FPS will now *increase* by 5 each time you load a screen.
2) Every time you kill a monster their body stays forever in the server, causing cumulative lag that won't be cleared even on server reset.
3) People will log into other people's account at random on each login.

NOTE: This is just a joke. I work with IT and it's really complicated sometimes :)

Kessaran

It's on our radar! It (along with other Dragon Lord bugs people have mentioned since U66 launch) is coming in a later patch.
or @Cordovan Will this be addressing the mouse-look bug as well? I think that's the 2nd highest complaint besides the fps issue. I have no doubt they are tied but just hoping to get confirmation?

Blametroi

I'm curious: What was the cause of the frame drops?
looked to me like that was a side effect of a memory leak, but i wouldn't expect the devs to go into details most of us out here don't have the background to appreciate it.

glass_jaws

Hey Steel, quick question. Does Reckless Devotion supposed to lock you in place while you activate it? With it's relatively long activation, and very short range, it is very hard to land this on people. If we could at least move while it's activating that would be nice.