Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 6th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Blametroi

This will also correct the issue with mouse sensibility?
  • Corrected an issue that was causing the game client's frame rate to decrease over time.
i believe i read somewhere that the mouse sensitivity was felt to be another symptom whatever caused the frame rate drop. we'll know soon enough.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
or @Cordovan Will this be addressing the mouse-look bug as well? I think that's the 2nd highest complaint besides the fps issue. I have no doubt they are tied but just hoping to get confirmation?
The mouselook issue is caused by the performance drop fixed in the note "Corrected an issue that was causing the game client's frame rate to decrease over time.". So it should be fixed with this patch, yes.

Blametroi

Will this hotfix create what kind of issue now?

2) Every time you kill a monster their body stays forever in the server, causing cumulative lag that won't be cleared even on server reset.

NOTE: This is just a joke. I work with IT and it's really complicated sometimes :)
Point 2 actually happened once on SW:TOR. As most of the game was open world, that led to some interesting scenes and bodies obscuring some clickable objectives in explorer zones. It was a hoot!

Kheledon

The mouselook issue is caused by the performance drop fixed in the note "Corrected an issue that was causing the game client's frame rate to decrease over time.". So it should be fixed with this patch, yes.
Good to hear. Thanks.

Dvinesword

I'm curious: What was the cause of the frame drops?
If I had to guess I would say it is a consequence of the code they rolled out to check for the double cursing and applying of the overloaded curse. It was the only real change they indicated that they made with update 66.01. Also since the new curse does not take effect until and item is removed from the bank or TR cache they have to be constantly scanning for this. It appeared that they were scanning your items every time you made a transition. We also observed that the FPS drop seemed to happen faster to people who have multiple cursed items as opposed to those that had few or none.

Kheledon

If I had to guess I would say it is a consequence of the code they rolled out to check for the double cursing and applying of the overloaded curse. It was the only real change they indicated that they made with update 66.01. Also since the new curse does not take effect until and item is removed from the bank or TR cache they have to be constantly scanning for this. It appeared that they were scanning your items every time you made a transition. We also observed that the FPS drop seemed to happen faster to people who have multiple cursed items as opposed to those that had few or none.
That makes a lot of sense (to a non-IT person, anyway).

Tyrannicaldad

The loading of your UI causes the frame rate drop, if you spam alt+z to make you ui disappear and reappear, you can do that until your fps is 0, its tied to UI in my opinion

rabidfox

The People's Champion
FPS drops happened on my characters/servers with zero curses too. They broke something in the UI with u66 where some people clicking the menu button crashed to desktop; u66.0.1 fixed this crash (it was in the notes and one of the reasons for the hotfix), it would make sense that the UI fix had a halo effect causing other issues. Or it could be something else weird that went sideways.

Dvinesword

I am wondering if they are working on the issue where taking strike drive in the Macrotechnic tree make Tonquin's hammer to stop working. Also hope they are working on the issue where knights challenge and throw the boom make your toon stop dead in its tracks.

On that note no one has been able to explain the rationale about making knights challenge and throw the boom separate skills. Since you still have to take knight's challenge to be able to take throw the boom and they share a cooldown. I am not sure what was accomplished by splitting them? Also it seems to me that I have been getting more dry fires from throw the boom since the change. I throw the boom it appears to hit the target but the target does not change hate.

Dvinesword

FPS drops happened on my characters/servers with zero curses too. They broke something in the UI with u66 where some people clicking the menu button crashed to desktop; u66.0.1 fixed this crash (it was in the notes and one of the reasons for the hotfix), it would make sense that the UI fix had a halo effect causing other issues. Or it could be something else weird that went sideways.
I am not saying it did not happen to those who had no curses. I am just saying it seemed to happen faster to those with curses.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
On that note no one has been able to explain the rationale about making knights challenge and throw the boom separate skills. Since you still have to take knight's challenge to be able to take throw the boom and they share a cooldown. I am not sure what was accomplished by splitting them? Also it seems to me that I have been getting more dry fires from throw the boom since the change. I throw the boom it appears to hit the target but the target does not change hate.
It's a feature tanks wanted and asked for so the devs gave it to them. Before, if a tank took the upgraded AoE ability, they lost the ability to just pull a single mob. Being able to peel a single mob out of a pack is a very useful thing at times (like pulling one named mob off a 2nd tank while leaving the trash on them). By having them separate abilities, it lets tanks have better tools for tanking; they can choose between taunting a whole group or just a single mob by having access to both versions of the ability.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The cause of the frame rate issue was the fix to prevent the client crashing issue with the main menu button.