Downtime Notice: Wednesday, March 6th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Nice to see I can spam alt-z to flip the UI and still stay at 400 FPS again.
I have a great 5K2K 10-bit ultrawide HDR monitor that I love -- but it is hardcapped to 60 FPS. Which is good enough for me, as all other graphics settings are quite fine ; but the FPS bug when it hit was rather ghastly !!

Jasparius

Because the "downtime in 1 hour" provokes massive whines from entitled players
Because they may have maintenance things planned for the downtime anyway (as most weeks)
Because time to prep/test the release and do it properly is better with way less chance of something going wrong.

This isn't a gamebreaking/exploit bug that requires a hotfix, it's a mild inconvenience solved by restarting your client every hour taking 1-2 minutes.

This is the experience of my friends and I as well. About once an hour we would do a game restart when it was time to take a level or hand in a quest chain for a reward.

For people to have claimed they quit playing the game for the entire time the issue was around just feels like a made up story. As a group as soon as somoene said the game was getting tough we all agreed to relog. And after maybe 2 or 3 minutes (I have an issue where my game client has to download updates every single time I log in - which many others also experience and have Bug reported) we are playing again.

GrizzlyOso

Hey Steel, quick question. Does Reckless Devotion supposed to lock you in place while you activate it? With it's relatively long activation, and very short range, it is very hard to land this on people. If we could at least move while it's activating that would be nice.
Love to see some improvement here , personally would love it to be an instant or it’s incredibly annoying to use while in melee .

Stimulus

Because the "downtime in 1 hour" provokes massive whines from entitled players
Because they may have maintenance things planned for the downtime anyway (as most weeks)
Because time to prep/test the release and do it properly is better with way less chance of something going wrong.

This isn't a gamebreaking/exploit bug that requires a hotfix, it's a mild inconvenience solved by restarting your client every hour taking 1-2 minutes.
Is the Kool-Aid Blue Raspberry Lemonade flavor?

woq

This is the experience of my friends and I as well. About once an hour we would do a game restart when it was time to take a level or hand in a quest chain for a reward.

For people to have claimed they quit playing the game for the entire time the issue was around just feels like a made up story. As a group as soon as somoene said the game was getting tough we all agreed to relog. And after maybe 2 or 3 minutes (I have an issue where my game client has to download updates every single time I log in - which many others also experience and have Bug reported) we are playing again.
I played less than a quarter of the amount I played regularly despite being addicted. Game was not fun with this bug, I have other fun things in my life than DDO even if it was in its normal regular-amount of bugs state. Regardless, the bug is fixed and things are better again, which is great.

Yes, we are different in that regard, and that is ok. No need to accuse others of lying just because you are unable to understand their experience.

Jasparius

I played less than a quarter of the amount I played regularly despite being addicted. Game was not fun with this bug, I have other fun things in my life than DDO even if it was in its normal regular-amount of bugs state. Regardless, the bug is fixed and things are better again, which is great.

Yes, we are different in that regard, and that is ok. No need to accuse others of lying just because you are unable to understand their experience.

Exaggerations on a game forum is hardly a new thing. To say this issue made the game unplayable simply isnt true.

It made it annoying for a while.