Drifting Lotus animation washes out the screen

Ying

5000+ hours played
It's been a couple of years since I played a monk in epic levels. The Drifting Lotus animation has two annoying problems:

1. It washes out everything else on the screen.
2. The animation lasts too long (about 3 seconds).

I've experimented with various graphics settings to tone down the white/purple wash out, like changing my Bloom Intensity from 1.0 (default) to 0.1. It didn't help. Anyone else have a recommendation to solve this besides turning off my monitor? :ROFLMAO: The animation reminds me of the Conjure Radiant Bolt from Hallowed Splinters when it was first released. That animation, which had a similar problem of obscuring/obfuscating the screen, got tuned down to be less invasive.

driftinglotus2.png

driftinglotus1.png

Mickeymouse

ye they really need to tone down some of these lights.

on the upside.
it seems to have 2 ticks with half a second or so inbetween the attacks. so you can move around, very tight window, and hit stuff that would be impossible to hit with a normal WW animation.. can easily be practiced on the ship.

droid327

The new holy fire effect on EA mantle obscures everything around you too

And it looks too much like Consecrate, so its hard to tell when you have either or both effects going on or off

Reactions: DBZ

Svirfneblin

That divine spell with the huge white box grid hurts my eyes too and gives a headache. There are some things in the game that are unnecessarily visually annoying as hell.

Ying

5000+ hours played
That divine spell with the huge white box grid hurts my eyes too and gives a headache.
Order's Wrath. The marut at the end of VON 3 casts it. That animation has been non-functional for years, maybe even a decade. I always wondered if the devs noticed it, and why it never got addressed.