Forum login issues: Wednesday, July 12th

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are investigating reports that some people are experiencing issues logging into the new forums. I also have a couple of reports on the LOTRO side of players experiencing a "Searching for Login Server" issue with the LOTRO game client, is anyone experiencing such an issue on the DDO side that manifested with today's game update?

Zess

Positive on game client, so far, havent been able to log into the game. I was able to redownload the game files just fine, but i was never able to get to the login screen
From the "retrieving downloadable content list", i wasnt able to get to the login screen still.
We are investigating reports that some people are experiencing issues logging into the new forums. I also have a couple of reports on the LOTRO side of players experiencing a "Searching for Login Server" issue with the LOTRO game client, is anyone experiencing such an issue on the DDO side that manifested with today's game update?

Aelonwy

Thank you for resolving the issue. I have been unable to log in to the forums all day.

However this^ is simply hilarious. This is the second time this has occurred on the new forum for my household. Cordovan how exactly if we are having an issue making it impossible to log in to the forums are we supposed to comment on the forums that we cannot log in to that we are having an issue? I mean, can you not see the difficulty?

I hope this will not be a continuously repeated problem on these new forums.

LeandroLSF

I can't connect to the game. Launcher is stuck in "Retrieving downloadable content list..." forever.
Logging into the forum just to post this also required many many tries.
Any tips on how to fix my launcher?

Cordovan

Community Manager
Thank you for resolving the issue. I have been unable to log in to the forums all day.

However this^ is simply hilarious. This is the second time this has occurred on the new forum for my household. Cordovan how exactly if we are having an issue making it impossible to log in to the forums are we supposed to comment on the forums that we cannot log in to that we are having an issue? I mean, can you not see the difficulty?

I hope this will not be a continuously repeated problem on these new forums.
This is typically possible in today's case when people were already logged in on, say, their mobile device but were not able to log in on a fresh device they needed to log into. Otherwise, per usual, get in touch with us through a different method, like social media or our help system through help.standingstonegames.com. Clearly no one is expecting you to get in touch with us only through the forums if you can't log into the forums and are not logged in on any of your devices.

Hagarth

Since the maintenance i'm not able to login to the game, the launcher keeps trying to load and never does...

LeandroLSF

Since the maintenance i'm not able to login to the game, the launcher keeps trying to load and never does...
me too, but today it got fixed.
if you are still with this problem, try using a VPN to login (this fixed it for me yesterday)