FREE GOLD ROLLS

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Rolling every day on every server.

So far, apart from a fun & anecdotal roll of 100 on silver daily dice this morning, I've had two rolls of 100 on gold.

First, a cool cosmetic but a +4 to +5 STR upgrade tome ; meh.

Second though, different cosmetic (different server too), and a +7 WIS tome (Cleric).

Got a couple of Fate tome upgrade tomes on some alt servers from rolls in the 90s ... meh ... not even my main has read a +1 !!

Nothing decent on main toon & main sever yet though -- but many 100 XP drops on silver and 1,000 XP ones on gold.

Mainly I'm using this period to level up some 1st life alts to 20 ... so I'll probably keep VIP up until that's done for all of them. On all servers. Then back to the TR choo-choo dining car !!

Spoon of Khyber

After a year of free gold rolls most people should know by now they are complete garbage. The XP stones are even such small amounts of XP that they are also essentially useless...

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Most of my rolls have been pretty "bleh", but I did get a higher one (somewhere between 97-99?) which was a 10K exp, cosmetic (swashbuckling outfit), and sentient xp. I was happy to see it after so many pooh rolls. 💩

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Definitely. I think I have something like 4-5 extra nightmares. Or let us crunch dice rewards into some kind of currency to spend on other dice rewards. Turn all those sun flasks and holy aura scrolls into bigbys!
I recall asking for an Aelonwy Maelodic Glamersmith style vendor the for the horses a while back. I'd be content just grinding them into glamerdust and the devs adding some more stuff to that trader's list.

Enir

Gold roll results are OK in my book. I've received on 00 rolls a fast mount, two +8 tomes and four cosmetics. Plus, I have found all the XP stones are useful in moving my struggling new characters up to competent adventurers.
Now I have to get some plum sauce for my egg rolls.🥠

T.O.

image.png

I am really hating the Fast Nightmare right now.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I got a winter wolf pup on Wayfinder on a 100 roll, no cosmetic.

Is OK, it's my favourite pet, so I have it on a second server now. Still no good roll on my main server natch ... 75% of the rolls on my main toon have been 1,000 XP & plat, and 50%+ on silver dice have been 100 XP. Still, she's level 5 ATM so it all helps.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I got a winter wolf pup on Wayfinder on a 100 roll, no cosmetic.

Is OK, it's my favourite pet, so I have it on a second server now. Still no good roll on my main server natch ... 75% of the rolls on my main toon have been 1,000 XP & plat, and 50%+ on silver dice have been 100 XP. Still, she's level 5 ATM so it all helps.
Welcome to DDO "random" number generation. Where some people seem to get 90s and 100s on a regular basis and others rarely roll above 20.

PaleFox

Welcome to DDO "random" number generation. Where some people seem to get 90s and 100s on a regular basis and others rarely roll above 20.
Sadly, that would be on par for a random number generator.

People expect to hit a 100 every day and still get something new on every roll.

I'd just use it for the xp stones to get me to level 3, makes going through those first few levels so much more enjoyable.

Mand O'Lin

Sadly, that would be on par for a random number generator.

People expect to hit a 100 every day and still get something new on every roll.

I'd just use it for the xp stones to get me to level 3, makes going through those first few levels so much more enjoyable.
With a large enough sample, truly random numbers will end up with a relatively even distribution. People are not expecting to hit 100 every day, but when (during the year long free gold roll), weeks go by without a gold roll being higher than a silver roll, and over the course of months, the silver roll exceeds the gold roll by a 30:1 margin... the "randomness" argument goes out the window.

Without access to the exact methodology used by SSG there will always be arguments about how truly random it is. Some people seem to have accounts which consistently roll high, while other consistently roll low. There has been speculation for years that the random number generation in DDO is flawed and (in some way) impacted by some aspect of an account.

Of course, everything is purely anecdotal ,and reliant on the accuracy of an individuals memory. Barring meticulous record keeping.

PaleFox

With a large enough sample, truly random numbers will end up with a relatively even distribution. People are not expecting to hit 100 every day, but when (during the year long free gold roll), weeks go by without a gold roll being higher than a silver roll, and over the course of months, the silver roll exceeds the gold roll by a 30:1 margin... the "randomness" argument goes out the window.

Without access to the exact methodology used by SSG there will always be arguments about how truly random it is. Some people seem to have accounts which consistently roll high, while other consistently roll low. There has been speculation for years that the random number generation in DDO is flawed and (in some way) impacted by some aspect of an account.

Of course, everything is purely anecdotal ,and reliant on the accuracy of an individuals memory. Barring meticulous record keeping.
For a good enough of a sample something like 3 years of daily rolls should do it for a single player.

It would also be nice if someone would be willing to put in the effort to do this on four different servers.
One server were silver is rolled first and gold second and another where gold is rolled first and silver second.
And then two more servers as blind test to see if there is some account seed.

As far as rng goes in this game, since I moved to Orien all of a sudden I see named items appear in chests that I never seen drop before.

Mand O'Lin

For a good enough of a sample something like 3 years of daily rolls should do it for a single player.

It would also be nice if someone would be willing to put in the effort to do this on four different servers.
One server were silver is rolled first and gold second and another where gold is rolled first and silver second.

As far as rng goes in this game, since I moved to Orien all of a sudden I see named items appear in chests that I never seen drop before.
Are you suggesting there needs to be over 1K samples to determine the validity of a random number generation of 2? I am not talking about the absolute number 01-100, just which is higher (silver or gold). Like flipping a coin. I am no statistician, but it seems you don't need 1000+ samples to determine how valid the randomness of a coin flip is.

If you are looking for some light reading, this might help:

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
During that month Free Gold daily I have logged in every server somedays to roll doing that:

First 4 Silver roll first (Argonessen, Ghallanda, Khyber, Thellanis) and last 4 Gold roll first (Orien, Wayfinder, Cannith, Sarlona).. the results are pretty wide to say it is an account thing or DDO Id related.

What I noticed is that servers with less characters (one or two) has rolled better results. While Argonessen (my starter server) that has 6 characters and Sarlona (actual main server) that has 11 character the numbers are the lowest overall. Which is a shame, because I would love to roll some the nice things for the server I actually play on.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
Much to my surprise, I rolled a 100 yesterday and got a fate tome (already had), 10k exp and a black stripe pseudo dragon pet.

Now I can have a psuedo dragon following me around without using feydark. 🎉🥳