Hardcore DDO Season 8 begins May 17

Mary

Two elements are clear - dragons and gold -

The dragons are perhaps the oldest and most powerful civilizations in Eberron -
remember Eberron itself was a primordial dragon, along with the other two Siberys and Khyber.

Another element perhaps to consider is that the dragons are aware of the curses over Xendrik for it was from the dragons that the Giants who made the curses learned their magic.

I will spitball what I think the story will be -

*My Guess* - Season 8 is about a secretive but powerful dragon organization known as 'The Chamber'

But I could be wrong ...

The Chamber, also known as the Calemaryx, is an extremely secretive organization from Argonessen comprised solely of dragons that manipulate events in Eberron to protect and serve the Draconic Prophecy. They were originally formed to counter the Dragonmarked Houses and the power that the houses had to interfere with the Draconic Prophecy. They were involved in the destruction of the House of Vol, as an example.

It is suspected that the Chamber sent members in secret to protect the Draconic Prophesy, assuming humanoid shape, they have secretly infiltrated many organizations of Eberron, including some of the Dragonmarked Houses Phiarlan and Tharashk, The Church of the Silver Flame, the Dark Lanterns of Breland, the Royal Eyes of Aundair, the Seren Tribes actively working against The Twelve, The Undying Court, and the Lords of Dust.

One of the most famous of the Chamber is a dragon known as Coralonyn a great gold dragon over 1,400 years who served alongside Galifar I at the founding of the Kingdom of Galifar.

We are speculating here but if the narrative follows what has occurred before, the Chamber, or one of its dragons in particular, could seek a deal with Mortality to help protect the Draconic Prophecy against a threat to Eberron which they deemed we, the players, can help them with.

PaleFox

We'll get a chance of special dragon blessed chests like Fey chests.
Prob with a chance of special event type named items.

Mary

golden dragon fey chests would be cool - but will they attack us and turn into dragons?