Haunt/Andy or whatever you know him as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixpots

This is such sad news. My heart and condolences go out to everyone who knew him. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet him with my extended break of 7 years and only being back in game a couple of years...Been following this thread hoping he got better... I have heard nothing but great things about him from everyone over the years and always wanted to meet him... He put together a great guild that I enjoy running with and through Gypsys it is evident what kind of leader and player he was. RIP Haunt.

Chuck_Roast

May you rest in peace, Haunt. May your family and friends find comfort in one another, and peace in their hearts. I don't know of Haunt/Andy except through this thread, but he seems to be a wonderful person and well liked. We should all be so blessed and lucky.

Sincerest condolences to his mom and all that knew and loved him.

jsvalera83

I first meet Haunt running high reapers, and raids. What a awesome great guy, didn't matter how good your toon was as long as you were not a window licker( his words) and what you were doing, you were ok in his book. He also recruited into gypsys. Great guild leader, player, and friend. It is been hard over the past few years knowing that he was in pain, but sometimes I felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel as Ozz said he would get better and I would be like great news, then I would see a post from Ozz and hunt was back in the hospital, and I would be awe man that sucks. It was been a roller coaster of a ride. I tried to stay in touch him over the years that he was off game, especially over Christmas. It is truly sad to see haunt go, but I know that you are no longer in pain and now you can rest in peace. I will miss you, I am missing you. I hope we can meet again in another life my friend.
My condolences to his family and to Ozz.

Bighunter of Khyber.

Last edited:

danielson99

My condolences go out to Haunt's family.
I am proud and long-standing member of The Band of Gypsy's who has known Haunt in-game for well over 10 years by now. Haunt always had time for other players whether you were in the guild or not. He was always the first guy to recall and help someone get to a quest entrance. He would drop what he was doing and help you, all you had to do was ask. Selfless and admirable. A funny guy too at times, he really enjoyed the game and all it had to offer.
He was a great leader because he led by example. He treated people with respect and got respect in return. He definitely made a huge impression on me and I will always try to bring that influence with me moving forward. Haunt made everyone around him better. He will be sorely missed but never ever forgotten.

Davkuss of Khyber

Ozz

Haunts obituary
Douglas H. Wood, 54, of Fowler, Indiana, passed away on Friday, October 20, 2023. Doug was born in Gary, Indiana on June 19, 1969, to the late George H. Wood and Linda S. (Fisher) Wood, who survives. He graduated high school in Kissimmee, Florida and worked in finance in the automotive retail industry before his failing health prevented him from continuing to work due to diabetes. His days were spent helping his mother, Linda, running errands and driving her whom he affectionately called “driving Miss Daisy”. A gentle soul that would help anyone in need. This gift was not only reflected to his family but also to his friends around the world when playing Dungeons and Dragons online. His passions were not only D & D, but also fast cars, target shooting, guns, The Walking Dead TV show, french fries and his beloved dog Kota.

In addition to his mother, survivors include his brothers David W. Wood (Jennifer) of Shererville, Indiana, Dennis W. Wood of Goodland, Indiana 6 nieces and nephews and his Dungeons and Dragons family around the world, especially Keith and dog Kota.

He will be greatly missed as a loving son, brother, uncle and dear friend.

Ozz

All your nice comments I forwarded to his mum and here are her 2 replies
It gives me such warm, loving thoughts of how his friends viewed him. I always knew all these things, even when he was little. He's always had a truly golden heart. Thank you all so much for sharing with me. I love him so very much and he knew, just as I know how much he loved me.
God bless you all....Keith, mum loves you too.
I wish I knew them all...they seem like wonderful, kind people. Like Doug and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.