Hey Tonquin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUF_rpg

it seems Macrotechnic T4 enhancement Blast Drive is breaking Lightning and Sonic hammer so they do no damage.
I made a video explore this issue.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Will need further testing on this front once I can find a reliable enemy to cast Inflict Wounds or Enervation/Energy Drain.
My first thought was get a Dark Apostate and fight him. But then I don't think hirelings work in the PvP pits. But what about the challenge or CTF arenas?

Lazuli

also the plants in thrall are healed by neg energy - can you either make them not or make it so i can instakill them with turns/undeath to death or halt undead? please and thank you
Not all beings that are cured with negative are undead. There are living beings that are tainted and are cured with negative. But they are still living, so they must be killed with magic that affects the living.

Lazuli

but they arnt.

they are humaniods that have been taken over by plants. no neg involved.
Tainted. The original pnp monster i think worked the same.

EDIT: from pnp: Needle blights are a type of blight, a family of plant monsters imbued with negative energy

Last edited:

ChicagoChris

Hey T!

What's up with certain mobs running at mach-18 speed in circles around the player, making them effectively untargetable by melee/projectiles? Most commonly seems to happen with ranged monsters distancing and unable to stay/find their preferred distance? Or failing to target something? Not sure what's going on there.

I don't recall this being a thing a couple years back. It's ... quite wonky and immersion breaking. Would prefer if they tumbled or something like the end boss of Bargain of Blood quest and stayed their ground for a bit rather than whatever is going on there.

Sorry if it's been asked/answered already.
I think this is a flanking move that gets all borked up. It seems to me that the mob is trying to flank you, but if you move at all, it decides to flank you again, and starts a literal spiral of flanking around you.

I think this could be easily fixed by limiting mob flanking attempts to once every other or every third round...

PITA to deal with mobs like this, you kind of have to back out of the fight to get out of their spiral to reset the mob's targeting.

Please fix!

TUF_rpg

I would be fine with this if they moved at normal speed. there are many instances in which mobs move way faster than anything players can achieve.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
My first thought was get a Dark Apostate and fight him. But then I don't think hirelings work in the PvP pits. But what about the challenge or CTF arenas?
That is correct. Unfortunately, any player based testing would refuse any Hirelings into any of the public or private PvP areas. Thus limiting the testing we can do to check. And unfortunately I'm still scouring for an enemy that will spam negative/inflict spells a lot and not coming up with much at the moment as such enemies are a bit more scarce, and enemy AI seems to have been altered and ignores Teal for some reason. :confused:

J1NG

Aelonwy

I thought I read in U66 that you could send a tell to a guildie via the Guild UI but I have tried it and tried it with my son's character selected and I keep getting this message:

(Error): No member selected.

Was this not in effect yet for U66? I glanced over the release notes again and couldn't find it... but the Tell button is on the Guild UI. Am I doing something wrong or was that maybe just for Lamannia?

Reactions: DBZ

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I thought I read in U66 that you could send a tell to a guildie via the Guild UI but I have tried it and tried it with my son's character selected and I keep getting this message:

(Error): No member selected.

Was this not in effect yet for U66? I glanced over the release notes again and couldn't find it... but the Tell button is on the Guild UI. Am I doing something wrong or was that maybe just for Lamannia?
It had a minor bug still:
Upon further investigation, I believe this button does work... provided both players are in the same instance, of course. Whoops! This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Epicsoul

After Update 66, Archer's Focus seems to toggle off when logging.

EDIT: I have no idea what is causing it. It has happened to me multiple times when logging in and AF will be turned off (and no, I don't have IPS). However, simply relogging doesn't turn it off. I've also tested new Artificer AOE abilities and some ED enhancements. I'll keep testing, but I haven't tracked it down yet.

EDIT 2: I think I've identified the issue. Using Epic Hellfire Crossbow, I think the "Feat: Precise Shot" is the issue. Anytime I swap from Epic Hellfire Crossbow to another weapon, AF turns off. An annoying mystery solved (I think).

Last edited:

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Legendary Profane Experiment has different listed effects:

Tooltip on buff bar lists sneak attack dice
Text on gear lists imbue dice

q49g3fI.jpeg

MST4Rrb.jpeg

Larendell

Here's an issue that's been bothering one of my characters for a year now:

My alchemist thrower (18 alchemist / 2 rogue) gets a disproportionate amount of misses and grazing hits compared to all my characters with a similar to-hit bonus. The to-hit shown on the die roll is ~27 lower than what is displayed on my inventory page. When I swap to a regular dagger it shows correct, equal numbers in both places, so it seems to only affect throwing daggers. I'm using Battalion Brew for intelligence to-hit, and tried to grab Strategic Combat I from Harper Agent, but that didn't affect my to-hit at all.

Would love if this issue was looked into, as it makes the character feel really bad to play with all the misses and consequently significantly lower DPS.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Here's an issue that's been bothering one of my characters for a year now:

My alchemist thrower (18 alchemist / 2 rogue) gets a disproportionate amount of misses and grazing hits compared to all my characters with a similar to-hit bonus. The to-hit shown on the die roll is ~27 lower than what is displayed on my inventory page. When I swap to a regular dagger it shows correct, equal numbers in both places, so it seems to only affect throwing daggers. I'm using Battalion Brew for intelligence to-hit, and tried to grab Strategic Combat I from Harper Agent, but that didn't affect my to-hit at all.

Would love if this issue was looked into, as it makes the character feel really bad to play with all the misses and consequently significantly lower DPS.

I haven't tested this so don't know but just theorising whilst waiting in a Raid, but have you tried removing the cosmetic (shuriken) and then throwing? As the number difference looks like it's in the region of 20%, which is roughly the amount proficiency bonus missing. And I'm wondering if there's something funny with using the throwing cosmetic that might trigger a call to the projectile of the cosmetic instead, to which you would be missing that amount of bonus as you are not proficient with that weapon. Can you give it a try and report back on that?

J1NG

Larendell

I haven't tested this so don't know but just theorising whilst waiting in a Raid, but have you tried removing the cosmetic (shuriken) and then throwing? As the number difference looks like it's in the region of 20%, which is roughly the amount proficiency bonus missing. And I'm wondering if there's something funny with using the throwing cosmetic that might trigger a call to the projectile of the cosmetic instead, to which you would be missing that amount of bonus as you are not proficient with that weapon. Can you give it a try and report back on that?

J1NG

Tested this out and no change! As a side note, I do also have shuriken proficiency from being a Drow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.