Hey Tonquin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Preliminary testing suggests that the (edit) Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma modifier for attack is at the root cause of the problem. Not Throwing Daggers in particular. :: Edit :: But Throwing Weapons in general (Bows are not impacted on).

Strength and Dexterity based attack modifiers all do not suffer the strange reduction by a certain amount. I haven't found the formula it is following yet, but there is a reduction going on. But again it only impacts on the Charisma to Attack, Intelligence to Attack and Wisdom to Attack modifiers.

Tested with and without Feydark Charisma (Familiar's Flourish) to Hit, Falconry Wisdom to Hit and Harper Int to Hit. (These have the reduction for ranged vs melee)
Tested with Weapon Finesse and Ninja Spy 1. (These are not impacted on; no reduction between ranged and melee)
Tested with basic Strength being highest modifier. (These are not impacted on; no reduction between ranged and melee)
(Most important) Tested the above with Throwing Dagger, Throwing Hammer, Throwing Axe and Shuriken. (Impacts both on all above test cases).

So I'm guessing most of the time players have not noticed this until recently, is because it's a very niche setup. The first one; Intelligence to Attack is not a common feature due to where it is used (Harper Tree mostly) was hot garbage. And anyone before Alchemist was basically using a different stat because if you weren't a Wizard, Int is a dump stat mostly and so you could never get it high enough to notice. Alchemist and Falconry came later, but most of the players playing these were Monks that were melee (didn't care about ranged and basically dumped all ranged anyway) or were casters (which didn't go ranged).

So yeah, I haven't fully tracked it down here (it's late and I have medical care duties in a few hours), but it's definitely related to (all) Charisma, Intelligence or Wisdom modifier to attacks being the issue with Thrown weaponry. Hopefully that helps a Dev track it down easier and fix it.

J1NG

Last edited:

J1NG

Scratch the last post, I redid some nagging question areas from tests I did a few hours ago (last night) and I think I now have it locked down.

It is "not" just the alternative Stat issues that were causing the issue. But it still only impacts on Throwing items only.

It appears what is happening, is that somewhere during the code, it is taking the original attack modifier used for the base item, and THEN subtracting your new stat modifier for attack from that initial amount. The greater the difference between the two numbers, the greater the number you will notice (which is why it's much more noticeable at cap when your primary stat is so much further ahead of the base stat that is used).

eg.
Shuriken (Dex base), with Falconry it becomes (Dex, Wisdom)
With 25 Dex and Wis modifier, there will be no difference.
With 25 Dex modifier and Wis 38 modifier, it will become 25 - 38, becoming "minus 13" modifier after it is applied to this thrown attack.

So in @Larendell case we can see in their stats that they have an Int modifier of 36, and a Dex modifier of 8, so if we apply the same we get 8 - 36, giving us "minus 28", which when we apply to their difference is roughly the same.

Will be conducting more tests on this a bit later on to confirm more on each part that needs more clarification (like what happens when there are three or "more" attack modifier stats, etc). But the jist of it is there.

J1NG

:: edit ::
OK, so tests with Brutal Throw correctly utilise Strength as the main attack bonus and doesn't have an issue even though a Shuriken used which is normal Dex based had a difference or 3. So the Feat effect appears to be OK here.

With regards to having more than 1 bonus to attack stat on a weapon (Dex, Int, Cha for example) the system only uses your highest stat and the base stat and subtracts them as the bug works right now (as described in this post). So those with more than one stat for attack need not worry other than if your stat is clearly far and above the base attack stat of the Thrown Weapon.

Last edited:

Scrag

Thrill of the hunt (falconry) is flat out broke. It doesnt work. Even on a nat 20 score hit, it does nothing. I have seen exactly one instance of it working.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
I could be wrong, there was a lot going on, but I kept getting "CAST FAILED" when getting pummeled from melee mobs while trying to use either my arcane archer fire aoe attack or the pin from shiradi or both.

Also, got a on death sentient weapon message but I didn't die with the legendary augment that extends unconscious range. Once again, a LOT going on and I'm sure I got very low.

J1NG

Thrill of the hunt (falconry) is flat out broke. It doesnt work. Even on a nat 20 score hit, it does nothing. I have seen exactly one instance of it working.
Are you experiencing the issue with the melee or ranged version?

J1NG

Scrag

Are you experiencing the issue with the melee or ranged version?

J1NG
Ranged. I am using ranged attacks for all of the tree. I posted a separate thread. The t5s + capstone are garbage. I invested heavily and the build is all around the bird. A ton of points just to use t4 and lower is a waste. :/

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Here's an issue that's been bothering one of my characters for a year now:

My alchemist thrower (18 alchemist / 2 rogue) gets a disproportionate amount of misses and grazing hits compared to all my characters with a similar to-hit bonus. The to-hit shown on the die roll is ~27 lower than what is displayed on my inventory page. When I swap to a regular dagger it shows correct, equal numbers in both places, so it seems to only affect throwing daggers. I'm using Battalion Brew for intelligence to-hit, and tried to grab Strategic Combat I from Harper Agent, but that didn't affect my to-hit at all.

Would love if this issue was looked into, as it makes the character feel really bad to play with all the misses and consequently significantly lower DPS.

Woah! Great find - this is a pretty ancient bug. It looks like the part of your weapon that tells the game "I can use this ability score for damage" wasn't getting read correctly for thrown weapons, so it's been using the default (likely dexterity) instead of your intelligence. This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Legendary Profane Experiment has different listed effects:

Tooltip on buff bar lists sneak attack dice
Text on gear lists imbue dice

q49g3fI.jpeg

MST4Rrb.jpeg
This has been fixed internally, and will be in an upcoming patch. Thank you!
it seems Macrotechnic T4 enhancement Blast Drive is breaking Lightning and Sonic hammer so they do no damage.
I made a video explore this issue.
Also this seemed odd but I was buffing us with Protection from Elements which says Friend/Self but while it would cast fine on me it would say IMMUNE if I tried to cast it on anyone else such as hubby, hirelings, etc. and they were definitely not getting buffed with it.
I do have Weathering the Elements, the third core of Primal Avatar on that character and I'm wondering if that somehow is bugging the spell for casting on friends. I'm sure it was working fine before the update but now its not.

On Tier 2 of Shiradi the multiselector Fade or Presence erroneously requires level 23 to choose Fey Presence.
Shiradi Champion epic strike Fey Lights now deals damage. However, it does not allow the standard damage-increasing metamagic feats (Maximize, Empower, Intensify) plus Embolden.
Fury of the Wild: Acute Senses reads as:

+[2/4/6] Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws Vs. Traps.
Rank 3: Your dodge is increased by 1%

However, what does it mean to have +2/4/6 for a save type versus Traps? The wiki itself has completely different text of:

Acute Senses: +2/4/6 Balance, Listen, Spot, Search, and Saves versus Traps. Rank 3: You gain 1% Dodge.

but that is for the pre U66 version of the tree, but I believe the text in green above is what the wiki should be showing.

What does this enhancement actually do? I am trying to model it correctly in DDOBuilder.
I've taken a peek and can confirm: this enhancement currently grants +2/4/6 to all saves versus Traps, which internally indeed means it grants +2/4/6 to fort, reflex, and will saves vs traps. We tend to write this kind of thing out in shorthand, aka just "saves vs traps" instead of telling you all save types. Consider the differences between a tooltip that notes "+1 saving throws" versus "+1 to fortitude, reflex, and will saving throws" - both are correct but one is a little strange, I suppose.

Rambling aside, I've updated the tooltip in Fury of the Wild for an upcoming patch to be less needlessly verbose. Thank you!

The Narc

I've taken a peek and can confirm: this enhancement currently grants +2/4/6 to all saves versus Traps, which internally indeed means it grants +2/4/6 to fort, reflex, and will saves vs traps. We tend to write this kind of thing out in shorthand, aka just "saves vs traps" instead of telling you all save types. Consider the differences between a tooltip that notes "+1 saving throws" versus "+1 to fortitude, reflex, and will saving throws" - both are correct but one is a little strange, I suppose.

Rambling aside, I've updated the tooltip in Fury of the Wild for an upcoming patch to be less needlessly verbose. Thank you!
The third rank of impregnable mind still does not list in the tooltip that a roll of 1 does not automatically fail on will saves, although it seems to still be wai.

RobShow

Magus of the Eclipse BUGs

1. Grand Summoner: Your summons, pets, and hirelings gain +4 to all ability scores, increased health, 100% Fortification, and a 40% increase to movement speed. Stacks with Augment Summoning and similar effects.

It doesn't work with the palemaster's skeleton and hirelings, I have no way of knowing with summons since I can't see their hp.

2. Share the Light: While your Magus of the Eclipse Destiny Mantle is active, your summons now also benefit from it. For the purpose of this skill, these summons have your Cold and Negative Spell Power.

2.1 Why only summons? The palemaster's skeleton should have too.

2.2 It doesn't work with LGS oozes and it didn't work with my Legendary Wolf Whistle.

3. Nothing related to summons works in this tree.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Brac

Why are raptor sounds crashing my game? When I searched game crashing I didn’t know why it was happening. But it seems it is a known issue that raptor sounds can crash the game for many people. Since this seems to be a known issue, why has it not been fixed in the last year?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Why are raptor sounds crashing my game? When I searched game crashing I didn’t know why it was happening. But it seems it is a known issue that raptor sounds can crash the game for many people. Since this seems to be a known issue, why has it not been fixed in the last year?
As I understand it the issue is with a third-party sound library (OpenAL), from which the buggy raptor sounds are sourced, and as such is beyond SSG's power to fix directly. We know SSG have been aware of the issue and working on it since shortly after Isle of Dread launched - if they could have completely fixed it, they'd have done so by now.

(Some updates have been made in the last year which reduced the number of people experiencing raptor-related crashes, but this still hasn't fixed the issue for everyone. I have no idea why the sounds cause game crashes, or why only certain people are experiencing issues, but I suspect that's something you'd need an in-depth understanding of DDO's code for an explanation to make sense.)

The Narc

As I understand it the issue is with a third-party sound library (OpenAL), from which the buggy raptor sounds are sourced, and as such is beyond SSG's power to fix directly. We know SSG have been aware of the issue and working on it since shortly after Isle of Dread launched - if they could have completely fixed it, they'd have done so by now.

(Some updates have been made in the last year which reduced the number of people experiencing raptor-related crashes, but this still hasn't fixed the issue for everyone. I have no idea why the sounds cause game crashes, or why only certain people are experiencing issues, but I suspect that's something you'd need an in-depth understanding of DDO's code for an explanation to make sense.)
Its because it has a 3D surround sound combined with a video component that overtunes your video card and there is nothing you can do about it, in the long run the more raptor content you play the more damage yiu are doing to your video card and shortening the life of your card.

Rosze

Exalted Angel - Wrathful Form: Cosmetic cluter​

Missed testing this on lamania, but used it on live now and while it is a really cool form its graphically very overwhelming. It makes it hard to see where you are jumping at times as most of the time I have it active most of the time. Maybe even taking inspiration from the dragon lord aura look as it looks very cool but doesn't seem as disturbing as the whole ground being covered in fire. I love the look don't get me wrong it just makes it very hard to see anything at times and even worse if you are swimming.

Abyss Warlocks and undead: Stop healing undead pls​

Any chance of getting warlock attack not heal undead? Id love a way of doing damage with a bypass for warlocks, but if not that would be nice that I didn't have to toggle my aura off in R10s because I notice I'm healing the undead for more than my aura is damaging it.

Caster melees and hit points: Make caster melees more bulky​

Currently there is a few trees for these caster melee builds, but after the change to heroic durability they lag behind bit on hp. Wondering if there would be a space for some of the Eldritch Knight and Enlightened Spirit to gain the base hp per level of a fighter of an equal level when they gain the BAB? Or even boosting it from 6 per lvl to 8

Toblakai

It can be fixed, and was actually fixed. The fix was rolled back due to it breaking something else for other players. They can fix it, they just don't.

Mickeymouse

Idk if this is reported or not, but I wanted to ask other Sacred Fist players:

I'm using Sacred Flame Empowerment Spell and it gives me +3 imbue dice, but I NEVER see in combat log any reference to the bane damage it's supposed to do. Is this a bug in the combat log or it's just not working in the damage part? Thanks!
This is in the combat log. I got a screenshot. (it only says; you hit Enemy with X amount of damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.