Hey Tonquin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesmerin

Improved Deception +xx still does not work correctly. I thought this was fixed under a prior patch when you fixed vinelash bracers?
Tested with newly created epic/legendary golden guile, both give +5 enhancement bonus to bluff, not +17 or +20 as stated. In image below I have both Devilscale bracers (Improved Deception), and Legendary Golden Guild (Improved Deception +20). I am still only getting a +5 enhancement bonus to bluff.

sn5LmFD.png

Rincewind

Hey Tonquin, Any chance you can check the Air elementals in Epic Inferno of the damn? they are not using gust of wind and that is needed for non caster characters with no cha or umd to complete the quest, plz, they do some times do it but it can takes 10 or more minutes per flame... and there are 16 of them... so plz can you make them cast it more often plzzzz

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Improved Deception +xx still does not work correctly. I thought this was fixed under a prior patch when you fixed vinelash bracers?
Tested with newly created epic/legendary golden guile, both give +5 enhancement bonus to bluff, not +17 or +20 as stated. In image below I have both Devilscale bracers (Improved Deception), and Legendary Golden Guild (Improved Deception +20). I am still only getting a +5 enhancement bonus to bluff.

sn5LmFD.png
I think I see the issue. It looks like Improved Deception is giving another +20 source of Bluff via the Improved Deception +20. But it is also a Competence Bonus, so it's basically not adding anything to the Golden Guile, but any other item without Bluff 20 on it already will benefit from the +20 to Bluff from Improved Deception +20.

:: edit minor corrections ::

However, that's what's happening. I am unsure if that's how it's intended to be working; +20 Competence to Bluff from Improved Deception +20 and also a +5 Enhancement Bonus from it as well. Or if it's all supposed to be +20 Enhancement bonus to Bluff.

Need Dev answers for that.

J1NG

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Y'all are concerned ab.... that is awesome news, Tonquin, on being able to edit the game GUI code, Did y'all figure out what happened with tumble, yet? So you can undo CHARGES?

Mesmerin

I think I see the issue. It looks like Improved Deception is giving another +20 source of Bluff via the Improved Deception +20. But it is also a Competence Bonus, so it's basically not adding anything to the Golden Guile, but any other item without Bluff 20 on it already will benefit from the +20 to Bluff from Improved Deception +20.

:: edit minor corrections ::

However, that's what's happening. I am unsure if that's how it's intended to be working; +20 Competence to Bluff from Improved Deception +20 and also a +5 Enhancement Bonus from it as well. Or if it's all supposed to be +20 Enhancement bonus to Bluff.

Need Dev answers for that.

J1NG
The tooltip for the Improved Deception +20 states it gives a +20 enhancement bonus to bluff, so you should be getting both the +20 competence and a +20 enhancement bonus, however it doesn't seem to apply (or if it does it is also typed as a competence bonus). So either tooltip is wrong or the bonus is.

NzVAb6s.png

Last edited:

kentos9

Lunar Imbuement in Magus of the Eclipse states:
When you hit an enemy with Moon Lance or Gloom Spear (...) These spells also now apply 5 stacks of Vulnerable.

It turns out, if an enemy has no Vulnerable stacks, it does indeed apply 5 stacks.
However, if the enemy has any number of stacks already (doesn't matter if it is just one stack or ten), it only adds one more stack (so from 1 to 2, from 10 to 11) and not additional five.

I don't believe this is working as intended, unless the description is wrong.

Striga

Dragon Lord, from the combat log: Draconic Auas

Imbue Toggle: Your Black Draconic Soul emboldens your weapon strikes, which deal 1d6 Acid damage on each hit. This damage scales with 200% of the higher of Melee and Ranged Power.

Passive: +1 Imbue Die. The bonus of each of your Draconic Auas is increased by 1.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
@Tonquin can you please check Ancient Tactics? When it is turned on (+6 tactical dc) the tactical abilities lands much more less than without.

Also Dire Charge on 2 different builds with the same dc on both one is much more successful to sunder/trip/stun mobs and the other is not so
Dire Charge charging is very chaotic and unpredictible. It charges in random directions or even teleport my toon.
Mobs in motion (or if I start Dire Charge while moving) is very hard/impossible to sunder/trip/stun and I guess this is also the cause the teleport thing too.

Last edited:

Warsaga

present day - present time
I would probably figure that death aura is coded differently because it's considered a spell, the bard song isn't technically considered a spell, so it interacts differently. Any ToT's (ticks over time) shouldn't reapply or apply various effects ranging from LGS/Dino debuffs to mantle/enhancement procs.
Yet both examples are HoTs, where it works with one and not the other.

saekee

long live ROGUE
The tooltip for the Improved Deception +20 states it gives a +20 enhancement bonus to bluff, so you should be getting both the +20 competence and a +20 enhancement bonus, however it doesn't seem to apply (or if it does it is also typed as a competence bonus). So either tooltip is wrong or the bonus is.

NzVAb6s.png
Is the Improved Deception function working in terms of making enemies vulnerable to sneak attack? My gut says no. I see a massive difference with assassin’s trick vs just using Devilscale Bracers (note I have 100% fort bypass too). Not sure how to test this because lots of things in the combat log are called sneak damage that do not seem to be sneak damage.

axel15810

Hey Tonquin - here's a really easy but nice quality of life change which would probably take you 2 minutes I'm guessing. Please add the text northwest, northeast and south to the 3 options of the Gianthold fast travel NPC in the public area. I can never remember which one is which when he asks you to go to Storm's Eye, Storm's Heart or Storm's Fist.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Hey Tonquin - here's a really easy but nice quality of life change which would probably take you 2 minutes I'm guessing. Please add the text northwest, northeast and south to the 3 options of the Gianthold fast travel NPC in the public area. I can never remember which one is which when he asks you to go to Storm's Eye, Storm's Heart or Storm's Fist.
For those of us directionally challenged, they could put (pop/FoD/cry, feast/cabal/crucible, mad/trial/maze) in the text.

saekee

long live ROGUE

For those of us directionally challenged, they could put (pop/FoD/cry, feast/cabal/crucible, mad/trial/maze) in the text.
Do both! There is no indication when running around the wilderness as to where you are in terms of the names (other than watching kill count changes)—I would like to see markers, like something menacing mounted on a spear, that warns of entering a group’s territory, eg Beware! Here is ruled by The Storm’s Fist brigade, enter at your death

AMess

They used to be a single ability that you upgraded to AoE. The problem is many tanks didn't like that they lost a nice single target taunt in doing so. Sometimes you just want to pull a single mob off the main tank in a raid and sometimes you want to taunt a whole pack. Having the abilities separate lets tanks have access to both choices without having to respect their trees constantly. I assume SSG put them on shared cooldown because while they were willing to give us better on-the-fly utility, they didn't want to double our taunts per cooldown period.
solid logic. just seems like a bit of text "shares cool down with" would make it intuitive.

TUF_rpg

Legendary (and I assume heroic) Wands of the Temple's xSTUFx (Howling Hatred, Eternal Flame, Black Earth, etc) need some real help. They *LOOK* like something that could be great. . . . BUT they don't get an implement bonus. you telling me a *WAND* isn't a spell casting implement? real kicker here is I was on stream ranting about this when I saw the one I was looking at HAD implement . . . while in the chest. . . but later in my inventory it was gone. so no way am I going to lose that valuable spell power bonus by using it.
Problem #2: if you can't use it there's nothing else you can do with it. you cannot: feed them to sentient jewels, cannot sell them, cannot exchange them for reaper fragments, you can't craft on them. you can only either use them or destroy them.

this is terrible please, give them implement bonus, (I think wands should get *EXTRA* implement bonus, because wands!), make them sellable, make them craftable, let me do SOMETHING with them please!

Blu

Mmm...
I've noticed an issue with Good Hope (not sure if spell based or simply the item) cast from the Necklace of Bottled Sunlight (level 5 version that I've currently seen it on), where as if cast on party members it continually flashes the animation above their head every 5-10 seconds until the spell duration wears off. Has any else experienced this?

The characters I noticed this affected of my fellow party members were a Fighter and Shadar-Kai Rogue

Striga

I've noticed an issue with Good Hope (not sure if spell based or simply the item) cast from the Necklace of Bottled Sunlight (level 5 version that I've currently seen it on), where as if cast on party members it continually flashes the animation above their head every 5-10 seconds until the spell duration wears off. Has any else experienced this?

The characters I noticed this affected of my fellow party members were a Fighter and Shadar-Kai Rogue
Interaction with dragon lord aura.

Falkor

The puzzle is grand theft aureon is bugged. A wonderful discovery in the pack I literally just bought and tried for the first time. Someone mentioned that this bug was posted here already, but I didn't see it and wanted to make sure you know. :)

Please fix this one so that we can ... complete the quest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.