Hey Tonquin!

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Warlock's fog cloud spell should last 1m32s but it only last 1 second before it vanishes. (This video was it cast in the wilderness, so no reaper scaling or other thing effecting it)
Bet would be that the spell - like the Mass Resist (Divine Energy Resistance) from the Radiant Servant for a Sacred Fist, did not have something checking for Warlock levels when it was copied over from one of the other existing classes. Wizard for example, works fine. Should be a quick fix by a Dev.

J1NG

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The dimensional anchor in saltmarsh's Danger at Dunwater doesn't get removed when recalling into the wilderness (so can't teleport out of there, have to recall a 2nd time to the public zone).

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Does the cooldown after using a tumble charge work wai?
After the 1 st charge when I use additional charges the cooldown time of the 1st charge factors in the time I used the additional charges. But After I got the 1st charge back, the 2nd till 5th charge requires a full 8 sec to refill each.
So that means 2nd/3rd/4th and 5th charge has a longer cooldown than 8 secs
Doesn't every tumble charge cooldown should work like after the 1st charge?

Last edited:

glass_jaws

I know we aren't really meant to use the evil damage from Dark Apostate to level up, but I'm trying anyway. That said running into some weird issues with it. It appears there are lots of mobs that just don't take damage from it. I would expect an immune message but don't even see that. The Marks of Law, and Pandemonium champions totally ignore it. Wood woads seem to be "immune" as well.

I don't know if this is something specific to those mobs and how the evil damage is applied, or if they are meant to be immune. It strikes me as odd that a mark of law would be immune to evil damage but what do I know. I ran into multiple of those champs that ignored the damage so it wasn't one specific type of enemy that might have been ignoring it.

Zaszgul

Blade of Discord (Fatesinger t2) cannot hit breakables. Also, looking at its tooltip target line, it includes "Positional" when all other cleaves are instead "Directional", although this doesn't appear to matter (you can't drop a long-distance cleave by hard-targeting or camera targeting a distant mob/location).

Evard's Black Tentacles does not show a DC in its tooltip, presumably because it targets STR and tooltips only understand ref/fort/will.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I don't know if this is something specific to those mobs and how the evil damage is applied, or if they are meant to be immune.
No monster champion is meant to be flat-out immune to a damage type that the base monster isn't immune to - at worst, it'll take half damage from one extra type of damage. (I'm excluding Stained here - this was a rare monster champion exclusive to Hardcore Season Four that healed from Chaos damage.)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
T4 Shadowdance bring the darkness (with first blood feat taken) doesn't trigger with warlock blasts(tried cone and aura), consume, nor stricken, but does trigger correctly off devour the soul. If those 3 could be fixed to count as harmful spellcasts for it, it would open up some interesting build choices.
edit: I tried nightmare lance (caster epic strike) too; sometimes I can get it proc a stack of darkness, sometimes it doesn't (mostly doesn't seem to, only got it proc once in my few minutes of running up to mobs and opening attacks on them with it). Maybe there's a die roll going on beyond just the cast?
4gqeqaA.jpeg

voenixa121

T4 Shadowdance bring the darkness (with first blood feat taken) doesn't trigger with warlock blasts(tried cone and aura), consume, nor stricken, but does trigger correctly off devour the soul. If those 3 could be fixed to count as harmful spellcasts for it, it would open up some interesting build choices.
edit: I tried nightmare lance (caster epic strike) too; sometimes I can get it proc a stack of darkness, sometimes it doesn't (mostly doesn't seem to, only got it proc once in my few minutes of running up to mobs and opening attacks on them with it). Maybe there's a die roll going on beyond just the cast?
4gqeqaA.jpeg
From what Ive seen I think it only triggers if the target has 90% hp after the spell does damage.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
From what Ive seen I think it only triggers if the target has 90% hp after the spell does damage.
Well that's a problematic order for that calculation.

Edit: if it's by design that it only procs at 90%+ (which I assume it is), then the idea of burning a precious feat slot for first blood for what's like only 1 stack of the debuff has very little appeal to me. Seems very cost heavy (both in DP and a feat) for a small limited effect window. If was able to proc regardless of HP value then it's a worthwhile trade-off on a caster vs other destiny feats.

Last edited:

glass_jaws

Another bug: Improved Domain of Death grants Necrotic Ray to clerics. Unfortunately it appears the DC is not scaling properly. Comparing 2 necromancy SLAs here will show you the major difference. First a level 3 spell:
image.png

So in this case Cursed Words is DC 47. In theory my necrotic ray should be a 50 since its a spell level 3 higher than this.

image.png

Instead the DC is actually 9 lower than the Cursed Words SLA.

Just a theory, but I don't think the necromancy bonuses are applying correctly. I have +12

image.png

That would be the discrepancy between current DC and expected DC. If I take off a necromancy item to lower it, the DC doesn't seem to change as you can see here where I lowered it to +10, but still have a 38 DC.
image.png

Last edited:

Baahb3

Great Sword Terror.

The description says 'This Crystal Greatsword..." Yet the material shows Gem and not Crystal. Gem does not have the same resistance to wear vs oozes that Crystal does.

Can Gem be added to the material types that are not subject to ooze wear?

Or am I missing something that is specific to Gem weapons? I don't know of any others besides Terror.

Baahb3

Can we get higher Caster level potions, i.e. longer duration, for common spell effects? Spells like Protection from Evil, Mage Armor, and the Stat potions for example. A vendor for level 15 potions would be nice to see. Charge more for them if you want. Just would be nice to have Pro from Evil last longer than 5 min.

PurpleSerpent

There have been a few reports of people managing to break Oksi of Tanaroa's quest dialogue so that he won't grant you the chain Isle of Adventure until you Reincarnate. Another wiki editor has tested and confirmed that if you teleport to Tanaroa before entering via the route that goes through Captive of the Hidden God, then talk to Mira of the Hawk and claim Curses of the Kopru, Oksi stops granting the chain. (Reportedly he was still granting it up to this point.)

We haven't confirmed this directly yet, but I'm pretty sure this won't happen if you walk to Tanaroa before teleporting there, since I'd expect a lot more people to have encountered the issue otherwise.

PurpleSerpent

Great Sword Terror.

The description says 'This Crystal Greatsword..." Yet the material shows Gem and not Crystal. Gem does not have the same resistance to wear vs oozes that Crystal does.

Can Gem be added to the material types that are not subject to ooze wear?

Or am I missing something that is specific to Gem weapons? I don't know of any others besides Terror.
I believe Terror ought to be made out of Crystal, as it has the Crystal damage type. (Also, it's literally the only main hand weapon in the whole game made out of Gem - everything else is a Ring, Trinket, Orb or Rune Arm.)

(This is an interesting issue, as Terror was immune to Ooze item wear up until Update 18 - but it was made out of Glass, and accordingly broke even more easily.)

bdcable

Hey Tonquin,

Please explain why Spellsinger Bards can't buff each other with sustaining song? Duoing Bard spellsingers becomes pointless and if you only have one friend left in game you are screwed. You have to make another friend in game and convince them to play a Spellsinger Bard and then buffs can be applied to all Bards via the I buff you, you buff them and they buff me work around.

Hey Tonquin,

The Healing Amplification from Legendary Might of the Abishai set bonus doesn't seem to be working and Legendary Envenomed Cloak should have Virulent Poison Guard instead of Greater Poison Guard.