Hey Tonquin!

Mesmerin

Vile Chemist: Poisoned Strike rank 3 is very inconsistent on when it counts as a crimsonite spell.
The problem is that it doesn't trigger the reaction if you move while using it. It also seems to be very slow to cast(swing?) compared to other melee abilities so if your using a rotation you often have to stop in the middle of it and hit it a couple of times even if it's off CD.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Rank 3 of Poisoned Strike only counts as Crimsonite if both reaction spheres are empty. If the active reaction sphere is empty but the secondary (most recent) is full, Poisoned Strike will not trigger Crimsonite reaction.

Examples:
- Log in. Poisoned Strike fills inactive sphere. Cerulite (Stiffened Skin) triggers Orchidium.
- Orchidium active. Gildleaf (Fine Dust) clears Orchidium, leaving active reaction sphere empty and Gildleaf in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not trigger Crimsonite, so active stance does not become Pyrite
- Verdanite active. Poisoned strike does not break Verdanite stance
- Orchidium active, Cerulite (Stiffen Skin) in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not set secondary to Crimsonite.

I haven't tested Rank 1 and Rank 2 with both reaction spheres empty. In the other three cases (main empty / both full) they behave the same. Level 4 (Alch 3, Rogue 1), Elf, tested several times in different quests, wielding daggers but without Vistani Knife Training I. All three do damage, and in each instance an enemy was successfully hit with the attack (ruling out a possible WAI "on damage" vs "on attack" reaction trigger)

Please let me know what other information I can provide!

Reposting with minor updates, as it's been >3 weeks:

Hey Tonquin,

Poisoned Strike Ranks 1-3 only count as Crimsonite if both reaction spheres are empty. If the active reaction sphere is empty but the secondary (most recent) is full, Poisoned Strike will not trigger Crimsonite reaction.

Examples:
- Log in. Poisoned Strike fills empty secondary sphere. Cerulite (Stiffened Skin) triggers Orchidium.
- Orchidium active. Gildleaf (Fine Dust) clears Orchidium, leaving active reaction sphere empty and Gildleaf in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not trigger Crimsonite, so active stance does not become Pyrite
- Verdanite active. Poisoned strike does not break Verdanite stance
- Orchidium active, Cerulite (Stiffen Skin) in secondary. Poisoned Strike does not set secondary to Crimsonite.

As early as level 4 (Alch 3, Rogue 1), Elf, tested several times in different quests, wielding daggers but without Vistani Knife Training I. All three do damage, and in each instance an enemy was successfully hit with the attack (ruling out a possible-but-not-described WAI "on damage" vs "on attack" reaction trigger)

I've noticed Poisoned Strike from vile chemist only sometimes counts as a crimsonite spell when used, most of the time it doesn't seem to. Not sure about the ranged version.

I've seen this as well. It triggers if I miss, but if I hit something it usually doesn't.
It triggers if you stand still, but if you are moving it doesn't trigger the reaction.

Vile Chemist: Poisoned Strike rank 3 is very inconsistent on when it counts as a crimsonite spell.

The problem is that it doesn't trigger the reaction if you move while using it. It also seems to be very slow to cast(swing?) compared to other melee abilities so if your using a rotation you often have to stop in the middle of it and hit it a couple of times even if it's off CD.

Poisoned Strike still doesn't reliably apply Crimsonite (Poisoned Shot was fixed in U62, and U66 had an unrelated fix for Poisoned Shot and Crossbows). Multiple reports quoted above, some point to spheres being empty, others to moving when using the ability.

glass_jaws

Panacea healing doesn't seem to scale properly with Dragonlord either. Not even sure healing amp is working on it either.

Heyyyyy Tonq,
Per the recent update "Slice of Life" in the patch notes it states:
  • Characters now gain 1 Tumble charge when you train the Tumble skill's rank 10 and rank 20. These charges cannot be earned through effects, abilities, or epic level bonuses to the Tumble skill, but only by training the skill from heroic levels.
I can confirm this is not properly working. I have 11.5 TRAINED RANKS in tumble, and the Mobility Feat, meaning I should have 4 Charges. The extra charge from the Mobility Feat is working, however the extra charge from having 10 trained ranks is not. I have not tested to see if training to 20 ranks will grant a charge or not.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Heyyyyy Tonq,
Per the recent update "Slice of Life" in the patch notes it states:
  • Characters now gain 1 Tumble charge when you train the Tumble skill's rank 10 and rank 20. These charges cannot be earned through effects, abilities, or epic level bonuses to the Tumble skill, but only by training the skill from heroic levels.
I can confirm this is not properly working. I have 11.5 TRAINED RANKS in tumble, and the Mobility Feat, meaning I should have 4 Charges. The extra charge from the Mobility Feat is working, however the extra charge from having 10 trained ranks is not. I have not tested to see if training to 20 ranks will grant a charge or not.
It appears to be related to wearing medium and heavy armor. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Character with mobility (+1 tumble pip) and 11 ranks in tumble (+1 tumble pip from 10 ranks) has 4 charges. Put on medium (or heavy) armor and lose a pip.

The release notes say:

No mention of armor types mattering.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

it says no MCL on top but MCL 15 in tooltip. the MCL 15 is correct, also the spell does not increase MCL with the epic/legendary knowledge feats
command.PNG

Wini

Hey Tonquin,

Given you were just looking at tactical DCs ( https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/improved-trip-bug-or-wai.10063/#post-105890 ), could you take a quick look at this post https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/a-few-thought-about-dragonlord.9567/ under the suggestion topic?
Specifically there is still confusion around Dire Charge DCs and if it really sunders targets as advertised. It says it sunders enemies yet the Dragonlord capstone does not appear to work on said sundered enemies. Given the consensus understanding that the Dire Charge tooltip is wrong - it is actually a stun DC like its Tier 3 and Tier 4 upgrades - we're guessing it also applies an effect that isn't really a sunder for the purposes of the capstone.

Also, per the OP, it would be fabulous if Dire Charge did not share a cooldown with Lead the Charge and Flight of Kings.

Thanks!

Running DL right now and very interested on this matter about the sunder from Dire Charge.

Is this WAI or do you guys know if it's about to be adressed anytime? Thanks!

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Running DL right now and very interested on this matter about the sunder from Dire Charge.

Is this WAI or do you guys know if it's about to be adressed anytime? Thanks!
It was discussed in many forum posts. There are different opinions about this topic. Dire Charge dc calculation based on stun bonuses but the T1 base effect of Dire charge is Sunder (which still calculated by stun bonuses), level 2 is Trip effect (which still calculated by stun bonuses) and level 3 effect is Stun (which of course is calculated by stun bonuses) Dire Charge is not a sunder based ability (never was) which can be the cause not working together with the Dragon Lord ability code wise.
Some players pointed it out that regardless of the dc calculation if the effect is sunder or trip, Dire Charge should count as a sunder/trip ability and should work together with the Dragon Lord ability.
At this point the Devs have to make their position on this question which havent happened yet...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
13 to 19 damage
vs
dice of 1d6 + 12 = 13 to 18
image.png

edit: improved domain of death is showing 13-19 points of negative damage from 1d6+12

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Is there a reason why Epic Mage Armor is capped at caster level 9? Making it a max of 10 Min duration? Not that it is a big pain to recast it but seems strange that its duration is not the same as regular Mage Armor.
Extend makes it 20 mins

Vox

There is something very wrong with horn of thunder targeting. It will very often fail to fire (not facing enemy) despite the mob standing right in front of the player's avatar, and when it does fire it just goes in whatever direction it feels like.

Could this please just be changed to behave like every other shout/cone spell?

Mornyngstar

Heroic Chronoscope unbreakable box (using warlock blasts).

(Standard): You are on server 34 at r1 lx282 ly1337 i59 ox41.77 oy28.46 oz133.30 h137.8. Game timestamp 565951412.467.
(Standard): Q:0x700105FD

yobsoggoth

Tonquin,

Legendary Ik'thanor's Signet Ring does not work - e.g. does not grant +2 Arcane caster levels for I-IX level spells. In addition, if you have a +1 Arcane caster level item (like Epic Robe of Duality) it will remove that bonus as well. Tested with and without Robe on a Level 32 wizard. Thanks to the new "Caster Level/Max Caster Level" recently added (by you, I think - Thanks!) it is easy to tell the ring does not function properly.

Zaszgul

Tooltips for Rune Arms (several of them, but Archaic Device is the one annoying me rn) will extend below the bottom of the screen, cutting off info. I'm guessing the tooltip doesn't know how to calculate the height needed to display properly due to the Shot + Charge Tier info.