High Lords will host Fire Over Morgrave teaching raid on Saturday, January 6 at 1pm ET

Vooduspyce

Happy New Year Sarlona!

I am very excited to announce our 11th year of teaching raids!

Since 2014, the High Lords of Malkier have hosted teaching raids for new players during the winter and spring. Every week we will host a different raid in a friendly, low stress learning environment that is designed to be welcoming to new and returning players, as well as veteran players who are new to raiding.

Raiding can be a lot of fun and it's a whole new area of the game to see and explore where we work together in 12 person groups to accomplish bigger challenges that bring us to the finales of the various storylines within DDO. Raids can also be challenging to learn in a pug environment, especially if you're new so that's one of our many inspirations to host these events. If you've been avoiding raids because you thought you weren't ready or you were intimidated by them or maybe you were turned off because you had bad experiences, then our teaching raids are for you.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach you how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the DDO community. We know there are a lot of longtime DDO players who have avoided raiding. Our teaching raids are a great place to start! If you're new, this is a great time to learn, and if you're returning this is a great time to get caught up on the raids you missed. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

We will begin our 2024 series with DDO newest raid Fire Over Morgrave this Saturday, January 6 at 1pm ET! Due to the high level of this raid, we are going to set the minimum level to sign up this week at Level 29.

If you are new to Fire Over Morgrave, you will need access to the Vecna Unleashed expansion and there is no flagging required.

Usually all spaces are spoken for by the time of the raid, so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce. You can also stop by my livestream at Twitch channel vooduspyce if you have any questions or to sign up.

If you're feeling unsure and you want to see how we run our events, you can check out our Collection of Teaching Raid Videos in the Player Guides, Strategies, Walkthoughs, and FAQ forum that we did in previous years.

I am happy to say that once again our teaching raids will be live streamed on DDO’s Twitch channel ddostream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions in real time with us. I am also pleased that we will continue to simulcast our teaching raids from multiple perspectives so those watching the live stream can see more of the raid in situations where the party is splitting up or from the tank point of view, etc.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon

Much love,
Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Vooduspyce

Great runs!! We had 10 attendees who were new to or still learning Fire Over Morgrave so we split the group and did 2 separate teaching runs. If you missed, you can watch the highlight on DDO's Twitch channel DDOstream at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2026747349?filter=highlights&sort=time

Next in our teaching raid series will be heroic and legendary Tempest's Spine on Saturday, January 13 at 1pm ET. There is no flagging for these raids and I will post details in the Sarlona forum soon :)