Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

vryxnr

It is not misinformation when it comes straight from the site itself https://www.ddo.com/update-notes/ddo-update-63-release-notes

"
s part of Update 63 players can unlock four extreme challenge dungeon quests:

• Pilgrims' Peril
  • Stolen Power
  • Horde of the Illithid Controller
  • Astral Ambush
These quests are all level 34 and only available on Legendary difficulty."
it is when you exclude the rest of the information there is specifically says that those are the quests that are unlocked, not the event.

"Illithid Invasion is a limited time event in which you'll scour Reaper difficulty dungeons throughout the game to locate these powerful invaders! Defeating these threats unlocks new quests that hold the key to ending their sinister plan! The dungeons stick around after the event, but the invasion happens NOW! Join the fight today!"

And guess what, we're doing it now and finding them in quests of a wide variety of levels, as low as 3 so far! Ignoring that and saying it's all legendary only is simply not true.

LittlePetey

Greetings all. Its that time again for the DDO Secret Hunters community to come together once more! Illithids from across the Astral Sea are invading Eberron and in a special one time major event. We need to locate and defeat the Illithid Invaders to unlock 4 Extreme Challenge Dungeons.

These invaders hidden through the game on reaper difficulty. We need everyone's help locating the quests they're spanning in to turn portals.

--Links! if you think there should be more links here, let me know
twitch.tv/Arcanaverse - Streaming Sundays @4pm eastern. Will be live for the event regardless of the day. :)
Arcanaverse Discord - Join the live ongoing discussion.

--FAQ

What is going on?
Illithids from the Astral Sea are invading Eberron! We must defeat Illithid Invaders hidden throughout the game and defeat them to send them back to their lairs (the four extreme challenge dungeons).

What We Need to Do?
Step 1. Talk to NPC in Sharn, Omryn Cedarbrook.
Step 2. Find and defeat Illithid Invaders to unlock the first quest.
Step 3. Defeat the Illithid Invaders a number of times (10ish?) to force it back to its lair to Trigger this message:
RS.JPG

Step 4. Do this enough times, we'll complete phase 1 and unlock the first Extreme Challenge Dungeon.
Step 5. ??? We'll see.

What are the Rewards?
4 new quests that have new loot, augments, and cards for the Deck of Many Curse. At least that we know about so far.

--Illithid Invaders Discovered!
Quests Discovered to have Illithid Invaders:

Dream Conspiracy -
Ruinous Schemes - Bugbear Optional
Heart of the Problem - 2nd Fire Elemental via Fire Path
Undermine - Shrine area, just before the boulder.
Growing Pains - climbing up the tree on a branched path
A Small Problem - Fire Elemental
Where There's Smoke - End, Under the bridge

Server Unlock Progress (huge thanks to Personman for corralling reports)

Quests
ArgonessenCannithGhallandaKhyberOrienSarlonaThelanisWayfinder
Dream Conspiracy✅✅✅✅✅✅
Ruinous Schemes✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
Heart of the Problem✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
Undermine✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
Growing Pains✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
A Small Problem✅✅✅✅
Where's there Smoke

What you'll see when you locate an active invasion point, an Orb of Light that spawns an Illithid Invader:
image.png

Discovery Information
Eeldirtch from the discord who play on Orien found found this guy in R1 Dream Conspiracy.
20231101122651_1.jpg

Defeating it popped a global annoucement:
image_3.png

After the server defeats this Invader enough times, we'll exhaust the invasion point:
RS.JPG

What are Psionic Thralls?
So far, all champions seem to have been replaced with Thralls. They have extra damage and buff up nearby thralls to takes less damage that builds over time. They still drop normal rem chests
image.png

Pre-Event Start Info
--What we know so far
Event will begin on Wednesday 11/1. Per the Fridays @ 4, SSG estimates it'll run about a week and easier than Hardcore or Vecna Unleashed to discover.

Leading NPC for the event will be in the clifftop tower district of sharn.

These are the same Mindflayer group we encountered in astral plane in the quest, Vecna Denied under the command of a Elder Brain. They have plans to invade Eberron and its up to us to stop them!

- 4 Extreme Challenge dungeons that we'll need to unlock on a per server basis.
- The event will run until all of the objectives are completed.
- Each server will need to do their own unlocking.
- Most level ranges will be involved.
- We'll be scouring Reaper difficulty dungeons throughout the game to locate these powerful invaders
image.png

Preview 2

Release notes for u63

If the map information holds true from the preview, we'll see the quest gives and a chain npc housed in Sharn just past the general vendor on the upper level.

--What Do We Think This Will Mean for DDO?

Believe this will mark the next phase of DDO story. With the Codex dealt with. Our current invading gods (mostly) dealt with. The impact of this event looks like it'll rival the Devil Invasion that resulted in the destruction of Marketplace Tent and The Chronoscope (heroic and epic) raid changing the face of the game forever. Launching a storyline that has guided DDO over these past many years.

Big guess that the Legendary Chronoscope talked about in early episodes of Fridays @ Four, isn't an legendary version of current chronoscrope, but a NEW raid capturing this event.
Where there is smoke is ransacked on Argo.

Rakehell

I'm just hoping there are numerous more quests to find the illithids still! On the west coast by the time I am done work, all I am seeing is people saying the spawns are exhausted... not complaining, just hoping it doesn't end too fast.

But gonna keep looking in hopes of finding something. Most of the fun is in the searching. Be nice to find something not exhausted yet.

Kraki

I was thinking maybe only 1 quest per major "pack" or area.
I just ran through Freshen the Air - nothing there. Thinking there's probably one in the Market. Going to bet it's Proof is in the Poison.
Got through half of Proof is in the Poison but got killed by a Famine.
Nothing in Swiped Signet. Checked STK3.

Last edited:
As hard as the Psionics are, I'm suspecting they won't use a raid. Pre-raid maybe. Given the time gaps, it looks like they're gatekeeping the next batch: 5 + 2 today. We'll have to see how many open up tomorrow. My guess is they want this to actually last a whole week :)

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I disagree. It's a design flaw. You can design events that stay fun for everyone during the week. The Hardcore Season Treasure Hunt was a good example of this. That was a good event because it was still fun for other players while the die-hards figured out everything already on the forums. You could just not look at the results and still have fun and do the treasure hunt and get the loot. There was still incentive to participate.
Highly subjective. The treasure hunt is a subset of Hardcore. Hardcore is not fun for those of us who choose not to participate and the standard server population drops for months at a time.

That's not me having a go at Hardcore. My choice. YMMV. But asserting Hardcore has no deleterious effect on non participants as some sort of contrast to the Illithid event isn't correct from my perspective.

Events generally tend to affect everyone to some extent. The "mercy" of this event for those that choose not to participate is it's relatively short duration. But equally that is too short for some of us who won't have a lot of time to play in the week it is up.

On balance I accept both events are positive overall. The fact I choose not to play Hardcore is on me.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
An anonymous editor on the wiki has just added Reach to the Sky to the location list, without any context or evidence - could someone verify this?