Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Okay...
again, all of them
All servers,, yay. Thanks. Was that so hard? I mean, first it was per Server and .. so.. now it's a free-for-all. So to speak . . .

*but only if you can finish in Reaper, right? That's still a thing, yeah?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Okay...

All servers,, yay. Thanks. Was that so hard? I mean, first it was per Server and .. so.. now it's a free-for-all. So to speak . . .

*but only if you can finish in Reaper, right? That's still a thing, yeah?
Nothing has changed about how it works. Every server has to kill them about 30 times each on reaper mode to check off that particular mob (per server).

• Sad
Reactions: dur

Keeya

Gwylan's Stand on Sarlona exhausted:

tWZgIGF.jpg

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Gee. Thankx. You are so helpful, Without being the least bit condescending. /s

*This event sure as f- has changed. Now it's server-wide unlocks? Then *** are we posting all these threads?
That's the way this event has been since day 1. Same task (of killing X mob Y number of times) per server with per server unlocks of the quests as a reward for doing so.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Can I just check - I know at least one of the first four locations had vanguards; does anybody know which one(s)?

PersonMan

Can I just check - I know at least one of the first four locations had vanguards; does anybody know which one(s)?
Just did Devil's Details he was not summoning them for me, can stand around for 5 minutes next time to be extra sure

- On Legendary, No Vanguards, but he cast Polar Ray, Delayed Blast Fireball, Horrid Wilting, Chain Lightning, Mind Thrust, Cyclonic Blast, the Homing Chaos Orb, and the new Illithid Force Cone/Circles

When I checked Redwillows, that one also had no Vanguards

Last edited:

vryxnr

Gee. Thankx. You are so helpful, Without being the least bit condescending. /s

*This event sure as f- has changed. Now it's server-wide unlocks? Then *** are we posting all these threads?
Rabidfox is correct.

There are going to be 4 waves of "invasions". Each wave (so far) has consisted of 8 invasion spawn points located in 8 quests. Which quests and exactly where? That is up to us to figure out. It will be the same place on every server, but the kills are tracked separately on each server. Depleting all Illithids from all 8 spawn points/quests will unlock 1 of the new quests early to be played this week.

This is how it's been since Wednesday when this started. We didn't know all this info right away though and had to figure it out. Each wave consists of 8 NEW spawn points in new quests, and we do not know where they are until we find them.

These threads (this one and the exhaustion list one) is one of the ways we as a community have been discovering/gathering/sharing this information. And because each wave contains 8 new quests/spawn points that are unknown until they are discovered, they are still very useful. The "this server finished x first" is a nice little competition that means nothing but pride to help fuel the search and keep things interesting.

Spawn points are the same in every server.
Illithid kills are tracked separately by server.
Unlocking the new quests early is done by depleting all Illithids from those spawn points on a per server bases.
At the end of the event, the quests will be unlocked for all anyways, but doing them early is a perk.
Number of invasion points is only confirmed for the first 2 waves, which are done now. We are now on wave 3.
We do not know where all locations of the invasion spawn points are yet, but we are searching and sharing that information in many places, especially right here.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
SO question......do we miss out on anything if all we able to do during the event is kill a few dozen Psionic Thralls? Like any items or rewards only available during the event? Also once a lair is discovered anyone have a clue how long it is available? some the quest i haven't unlocked reaper yet.....

Last edited: