Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Based off round 2, it should start in around 1.5h from now.
Well, the last lot launched at about 5.15pm GMT - 48 hours after U63 launched - so I'd expect the next lot to be in about 45 minutes now. (I write this at 5.27pm, for the record.)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Well, the last lot launched at about 5.15pm GMT - 48 hours after U63 launched - so I'd expect the next lot to be in about 45 minutes now. (I write this at 5.27pm, for the record.)
On Kyber, we saw this around 3:15 EST for round 2 (based off discord posts), so I was basing things off then.
second_invasion.png

The challenges are pretty fun & challenging. If you want to participate in the hunt for Mindflayer Invaders, they can still be found in any level range of quests. Or just wait until they're all found and help with the exhausting part of it.
The next round could be in a higher lvl range, which could allow you to play with fresh iconic or veteran characters to participate. This round may well take longer if the progression in kills to exhaust a quests continues. i.e. 10 to 30 kills/quest, so maybe even more for phase 3.
Either way, at least it's not a huge lag-fest!

Ahpuch

OK, now I'm starting to think something's gone wrong...
If the last time was (as some theorized) a manual Global Announcement that Phase 2 has begun rather than actually being part of the event, then it could be the event has started but everyone is waiting for the event announcement. Because no one wants to check quests twice.

PersonMan

If the last time was (as some theorized) a manual Global Announcement that Phase 2 has begun rather than actually being part of the event, then it could be the event has started but everyone is waiting for the event because no one wants to check quests twice. The announcer from Friday being off for the day and all.
I do believe the first Phase2 Invader was found before the announcement was made, but the timing was definitely close.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
If the last time was (as some theorized) a manual Global Announcement that Phase 2 has begun rather than actually being part of the event, then it could be the event has started but everyone is waiting for the event announcement. Because no one wants to check quests twice.
I ran Ghost of a Chance shortly before the phase 2 announcement, and there was no mindflayer, and yes I looked in the right place.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The irony would be if the event isn't scripted to start every 2 days but each phase manually flipped on by a dev on each server at the time period (the same way bonuses/other events are toggled on) and someone just hasn't done it yet.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The irony would be if the event isn't scripted to start every 2 days but each phase manually flipped on by a dev on each server at the time period (the same way bonuses/other events are toggled on) and someone just hasn't done it yet.
Based on the data from wave 2, it looks like it is manually enabled for each server.

Screenshot_2023-11-05_at_2.52.52_PM.png

Lotoc

Based on the data from wave 2, it looks like it is manually enabled for each server.

Screenshot_2023-11-05_at_2.52.52_PM.png
that or it's quite possible it's the difference in time between each server being turned on after maint internally on wednesday

I would like to see them continue the 2 days + 3 hours (or more) so that the west coast and Asia get a chance to participate after morning coffee or during happy hour.