Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

dur

aka Cybersquirt
SO dumb question......do we miss out on anything if all we able to do during the event is kill a few dozen Psionic Thralls? Like any items or rewards only available during the event? Also once a lair is discovered anyone have aclue how long it is available? some the quest i haven't unlocked reaper yet.....
... I'm sad you had to preface that with a self-deprication.. and, no.

Cannith folks - it appears Redwillow's has been exhausted according to 30/30 bot.

But we are still far off on the others, so let's get purging!

vryxnr

SO question......do we miss out on anything if all we able to do during the event is kill a few dozen Psionic Thralls? Like any items or rewards only available during the event? Also once a lair is discovered anyone have a clue how long it is available? some the quest i haven't unlocked reaper yet.....
afaik they stay active until depleted of invaders. This requires a specific number of Illithid kills, and is tracked by server. First wave was only something like 10, and was over way to fast. Second wave was closer to 30-50 kills. Not sure about wave 3, but it seems to also be 30-50?

As for actual time they last, not sure. They've always been up until "exhausted" by killing the invaders illithids.

Someone near the beginning said that killing thralls helps spawn the Illithid Invaders, but I have no clue if that is true or just speculation.

Alas, other than enjoying the atmosphere and challenge of the thralls, and the early access to the new quests, there are no traditional rewards for killing the thralls during this event afaik.

I am told that Gwylan's Stand did have Vanguards
XLC3Fo0.jpg

It doesn't always spawn vanguards though, at least not here.
The last 2 runs, no vanguards.

Last edited:

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Well --phase 3 starting at about midnight local time is unhelpful for me personally.

Tried Spawn of Whisperdoom with a first-life alt zero reaper points and not enough self-healing and so meh.

Last edited:

Aronan

As i dont see the update - By way of status - whisperdoom only had what should be 1 run remaining to do on wayfinder as of a little more than an hour ago before it would be exhausted. Hopefully done by this point, but needs confirmation.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Took the day off. Have all the quests not been found or were there less this time?
Three are still missing - Khyber's exhausted the five ones people have already found. (There have been rather less people searching, as this wave launched several hours late for whatever reason.)