Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Gunarule

Known on Thelanis as Hezmana and Freller
It was ten on the first set, but there were more than a few complaints that this was too low (generally what happened was that a party formed with the singular intent of exhausting that location, which was generally wiped out within the hour), so I wouldn't be all too surprised if the threshold has since been subtly nudged up behind the scenes. Or possibly the second set were just meant to take longer.
First set takes ten. Second set takes thirty. Third set takes nine thousand. Because F you.

healertank

It was ten on the first set, but there were more than a few complaints that this was too low (generally what happened was that a party formed with the singular intent of exhausting that location, which was generally wiped out within the hour), so I wouldn't be all too surprised if the threshold has since been subtly nudged up behind the scenes. Or possibly the second set were just meant to take longer.
It was less than 20 mins for some of them on argo at least during 1st round. It really went stupid fast. Now people seem to get that there is no rush to finish it because it will be 2 days for next round anyway. It is giving others a chance to get home from work or what not etc and maybe catch a few.

PersonMan

got another "(Global Announcement): A hidden Illithid Invader has been discovered! Defeat it to force it back to its lair!" popped up on Thelanis not sure where or if it was a known location getting popped

Uthrec

I was concerned that all the invasion points would be exhausted before I got a chance, so feel quite lucky I managed to jump on for 20 minutes and get a kill in Promise of Fire on Orien. That's enough for me, I'll let others have a go.

CBDunk

I'm noticing we've only found seven. Likely another well hidden one.

Hopefully, the trend towards slower exhaustion of each site will continue and a bunch of people who have been at work during the first two surges will be able to kill an invader on Sunday.

Kathwynn

This is a value statement for you. Others may enjoy participating and not require the ability to immediately access the opened quests. The Journey not the Destination and all that. But at least you stopped saying that only Level 32 characters can participate so that is refreshing.
It really is at 32, but for the sake of argument 30+. It is still all about an end game content that unless you are at that level. you are just wasting your time and effort for no real gain. That is my stated opinion. This whole tragic event is just that. A tragedy. One that I hope that when it is all over I sincerely hope that SSG realizes its missteps and try to do better next time.

But hey I can always run on normal or casual.. amiright...

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Not single @%$@^#*!! quest in phase two, yet, in which a level 32 character can participate.
The Promise of Fire was accessible to level 32 players, although admittedly it went first, and it's entirely possible the missing eighth location will be too.

EDIT: OK, so it isn't, as it turned out, but still four out of eight of the locations were ransacked straight away by Legendary players last time.

Last edited:

healertank

I was concerned that all the invasion points would be exhausted before I got a chance, so feel quite lucky I managed to jump on for 20 minutes and get a kill in Promise of Fire on Orien. That's enough for me, I'll let others have a go.
Today is much better. Either the idea got around that you don't need to exhaust a point instantly because it will be 2 days before next round anyway so let others have a turn or they did up the number required to exhaust a point and peeps get tired of running it 30 times. It really seems to be great today i got in a kill on all 5 quests that were in my heroic level range without rushing too. Really enjoyed the event today.

healertank

tear of Dhakaan is last location as I was just told by 2 different people in game on argo. credit to Yamani tells you, '3rd tear spawn point
Lominal tells you, 'tear upper side path above the water drop down. its behind the secret door'

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Tear of Dhakaan, third tear location per Yamani.

tear.png

Confirmation pic via ChickenMobile from the arcanverse discord! lets go!!

image.png

Last edited:
The
The Promise of Fire was accessible to level 32 players, although admittedly it went first, and it's entirely possible the missing eighth location will be too.
That one was exhausted before I logged on. There are 171 quests base level 26 and above. 168 of those have heroic and epic options. From that list they are choosing 2 (maybe), of 8, per phase in which I can participate. Seems short sighted, even insulting, given that so many people sit at cap to run raids. I am not one of those. I just happen to be at cap for the next couple of weeks.

CBDunk

Today is much better. Either the idea got around that you don't need to exhaust a point instantly because it will be 2 days before next round anyway so let others have a turn or they did up the number required to exhaust a point and peeps get tired of running it 30 times. It really seems to be great today i got in a kill on all 5 quests that were in my heroic level range without rushing too. Really enjoyed the event today.

Yeah, time and effort is better spent FINDING all the locations than exhausting them. Let everyone get in on the fun of taking out some invaders.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Yeah, time and effort is better spent FINDING all the locations than exhausting them. Let everyone get in on the fun of taking out some invaders.
Now that we've actually found all of them, burst-exhausting makes more sense, since we're now on the final straight towards unlocking the second quest.