Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

vryxnr

It really is at 32, but for the sake of argument 30+. It is still all about an end game content that unless you are at that level. you are just wasting your time and effort for no real gain. That is my stated opinion. This whole tragic event is just that. A tragedy. One that I hope that when it is all over I sincerely hope that SSG realizes its missteps and try to do better next time.

But hey I can always run on normal or casual.. amiright...
Very little of the actual event has been able to be done by level 30+ characters.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Very little of the actual event has been able to be done by level 30+ characters.
I believe Kathwynn's complaint is more that if you're not somebody who plays at Legendary levels, then this event doesn't really provide any benefit, and makes playing the rest of the game harder.

To be fair, this is a valid criticism. The fairly powerful event champions can be difficult for casual players to work around - even my perma-Legendary character is finding standard questing somewhat more difficult with them hanging around - and levelling a character to 30 is a pretty strenuous affair.

This said, given the number of people posting locations to this thread who are genuinely enjoying the event even at heroic levels, I can't help but find the standpoint of "this event is terrible and SSG should never do it again" something of a depressing one. There were improvements that could have been made, I will grant. But the fact that SSG are prepared to try something new like this is overall a good thing, even if the event itself isn't for everyone.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Found an illithid in Storm the Beaches epic, through main door (close to the boat) on the first right

image.png
tip for stealthy players: take 'warship' option; swim in sneak to enemy ship; if no reapers, then sneak on to the prow (right on its edge) and use it to jump the gate. From there, you enter, unlock the lever (need lockpicking) and kill the three guards. Ilithid spawns. I was able to kill it a few times for Cannith. Oh, and make sure to have deathward...and use bait, they are dumb despite the brain eating.

Aronan

I've taken down a version of illithid in "Hiding in Plain Sight" on WF, but... NOT exhausted ;)

Last edited: