Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Super great day today and good work all!

Another strong day of support and community effort. Love the shift in focus to exhausting the points to finding more. Presumably we got our 8 for today. Looking forward to the next dungeon!

Gunarule

Known on Thelanis as Hezmana and Freller
That one was exhausted before I logged on. There are 171 quests base level 26 and above. 168 of those have heroic and epic options. From that list they are choosing 2 (maybe), of 8, per phase in which I can participate. Seems short sighted, even insulting, given that so many people sit at cap to run raids. I am not one of those. I just happen to be at cap for the next couple of weeks.
Did you know you can just make new toons whenever you want? I forgot what level you can enter Reaper quests on and I thought a level 32 couldn't enter legendary Promise of Fire, so I made a brand new level 7 toon and did it on heroic with that one. Playing with a brand new toon that doesn't care about XP and is just there to complete a single, specific objective, was a fun novelty that I haven't experienced in a while. Like the Hardcore server, without the massive penalty for failure.

Devs, give us more things like this in the future, please. 🤤

So this phase there was ONE, of eight, quests in which I could have participated? What a colossal middle finger to people at my level. I have spent my entire play time today trying to find, and participate, one of these things and I NEVER had a chance because the devs put them all in quests into which I cannot enter

Did you know you can just make new toons whenever you want?

Devs, give us more things like this in the future, please. 🤤
S C R E W that!!! I have one character that I run. I have spent a lot of time developing that character. I enjoy running it. Why should I be punished for being a long time devoted player?

Gunarule

Known on Thelanis as Hezmana and Freller
S C R E W that!!! I have one character that I run. I have spent a lot of time developing that character. I enjoy running it. Why should I be punished for being a long time devoted player?
Punishment seems like a strong word. Your single character gets nothing, nothing for participating in this event. There is no reason to run it with any specific character. This is a cooperative, community event. The purpose is for us to work together and share. Sitting in the corner with your arms crossed while other people take their turn strikes me as contrary to that.

healertank

Found ah psychic thrall at the thorn and paw while levelling my pally
was it just a thrall or a mind flayer that spawned after you found the little white orb? Thralls are just champions made into thralls for the event. They can spawn in any difficulty that has champions. the illith are only in reaper and its a big difference.

I wonder how many people would be annoyed if, in the next phase, all the Illithid Invaders are placed in quests of base level 26+. Let them spend their time zerging through all those lower level quests, only to find out that their efforts were a colossal waste of time. The thing about a community event is, it works better if EVERYONE feels like they are contributing.

Now, hurry up and exhaust those mindflayer spawn points so I can farm the new quest.

was it just a thrall or a mind flayer that spawned after you found the little white orb? Thralls are just champions made into thralls for the event. They can spawn in any difficulty that has champions. the illith are only in reaper and its a big difference.
Ah bollocks, so i get only ****** up playthrough for nothing, well at least i try to remember this for now. Still thanks for the reply mate

I wonder how many people would be annoyed if, in the next phase, all the Illithid Invaders are placed in quests of base level 26+. Let them spend their time zerging through all those lower level quests, only to find out that their efforts were a colossal waste of time. The thing about a community event is, it works better if EVERYONE feels like they are contributing.

Now, hurry up and exhaust those mindflayer spawn points so I can farm the new quest.
i recommend logging off and spending time doing something else friend hope this helps

Ying

5000+ hours played
2nd quest unlocked on Khyber

second_quest_open.png

healertank

"Global announcement: A hidden illthid invader has been discvered. Defeat it to force it back to its lair"

Its great to see SSG working hard as usual to provide detailed messages :ROFLMAO: 👍
its okay community is coming together to report best we can and give details of what is reported exhausted or not.