Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
For the various cosmetics/mounts that were released with Vecna bundles and the patron's packs, I posted videos of them because a still picture doesn't cover things well and folks wanted to see what they were really like in action. Please post a video clip of both (the mount and trail) so we can see the animations (or are these just artist mockups and we'll be going in blind on how they look in action).

Kaish'Talan

Some have pointed out that some rewards are luckluster but overall this is a solid improvement from what was proposed over a year ago. The cloud mount looks nice. But what happens at month 13? I assume it wraps around back to month 1 (which makes those 1 time items such as lightning trail and cloud mount less impressive). Or does one just stop getting new things?
They said there will be a new list of gifts for future years

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
@Cordovan Do the rewards like the artisans advantage or discovery boost stay (and stack if reissued in later years) or are they only active for that specific month?

Sturmbb

Cordovan, nice selection of VIP bonus items. I am actually subscribed at the moment for the VIP Daily rolls and was going to discontinue once the month was over as i am not playing until Hardcore comes back (hopefully next year). But i think i'm going to continue my VIP subscription. That way when HC comes back ill have all these nice items to look forward to. Also i am happy to support the game.

Thank you SSG, for listening to the player base and encouraging people to stay VIP.

Have a great year everyone, playing DDO :)

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I'm not thrilled about the needing to be VIP to summon the Flying Nimbus (no there is no way anyone is going to convince me to call it by any other name! :p).

However, I do like the look of it. And thus will be going VIP 12 months for the first time from May.

J1NG

Ike

I think some of these months are definitely lacking compared to just double bonus points. I don't appreciate that you are over-valuing certain items. It went from 1,000SXP to 300SXP, that's quite the clear nerf nobody should be choosing. The fourth month is absolutely garbage when it comes to gaming. If you aren't dying, then nothing needs repairing. Wasted month.

The Narc

Thank you for the enhancements to VIP, it is nice to receive some things that arent available to free to play.

As mentioned by others the small bag is utterly useless to almost every demographic of player in the game, maybe reconsider these before the 1st.

As for replacements what you should have done was give the discovery bonus as a 5% stackable only to active VIP’s for one of those bag months, these would likely draw you alot more permanent subs.

As for a second replacement add a percentage bonus for items to have augment slots mythic/reaper boosts or other extra abilities. Again only available to active VIP accounts.

Thanks for the goodies again!

Malruk

Please look at the thread in the general discussion on ways to improve VIP. There are a lot of great ideas, some of which would take little effort to implement. Honestly this doesn't appear to have changed much since the proposal last year which was heavily criticized.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
So I have potentially two questions.

1. Does LoTRO have something like this?
2. If yes can someone post what their bonuses are compared to DDO?

Reactions: DBZ

DDO Gaming

Please look at the thread in the general discussion on ways to improve VIP. There are a lot of great ideas, some of which would take little effort to implement. Honestly this doesn't appear to have changed much since the proposal last year which was heavily criticized.
there is perception...then there is the reality of turning ides into software engineering projects. the dev team is small and thus ONLY ideas that are likely to generate revenue will be considered

Malruk

there is perception...then there is the reality of turning ides into software engineering projects. the dev team is small and thus ONLY ideas that are likely to generate revenue will be considered
Like reinventing tumble twice over? :p
One priority request was having access to quest teleporters. Many already exist. Seems like it would be a small project to say astral shards or free for VIP to use say wheloon teleporter. That's hopefully no more than updating one if statement. Cogs, must have been there this life or free to vip... Could even roll it out over time and just update one area a month. With the hope, if to your point the reality isn't too much, to eventually support teleport direct to quest entrances.

The link of ideas is here

Lazuli

Meh, I don't find it attractive. This is not giving the lost value to the subscription. Nor do you make it help a new player to start in the game, like the VIP subscription did in turbine times when there were fewer xpacks.

I guess that way I won't miss being a VIP.

pevergreen

I had unsubbed from VIP a while ago and have been holding out for this list to understand if i'd come back in.

Thoughts as a player that plays a bunch of alts, runs r1 to level and doesn't really enjoy above r6 (that's the right challenge/fun top level for me personally).

1st month: Great, perfect bite sized intro
2nd: Fine, though not all are equal. 300 sent xp is a single item. Raid bypass, omnispell and glamering are the likely picks for anyone
3rd: Fine for people like me that have way too many characters, not useful for many
4th: Completely useless. Platinum is plentiful and people rarely have items break already
5th: Less appealing now
6th: fine, cosmetics are good
7th: also fine, nice touch with the collectible nodes
8th: Good reward here, solid milestone
9th: This is absolutely meaningless. There is a lack of faith in the loot tables and drop rates already and given how huge the range of luck can be person to person, there is no way of knowing if this is actually 'on' for anyone.
10th: Not worth anything by this point, the bag needs to be more exciting
11th: Decent, but should remain as a permanent thing
12th: great - month 10 and 11 are effectively nothing while you wait for this

Happy if that feedback is read and proves useful.

As for actual questions on the VIP program:
Month 9 is a loot boost, but it doesn't specify that it remains - should we assume that the 1% is only for the single Month of VIP?

Suggested changes:
Make the VIP Bag of Many Things more enticing. (throw in an option for shards - equivalent to the cost of a raid timer?)
Replace durability ward with something else (1% extra bonus per member in party for standard 2%? - really get people wanting to sub for more than 3 months)
Depending on answer to month 9's question, you may need to make the % boost a lot higher for anyone to notice that it exists

Generalised questions:
Is there confidence that the generalised loot expectations on newer content (roughly 1/3 chance on Elite of named loot) is correct?
Do the treasure hunter boosts & weekends (loot level) increase the chance of mythic/reaper, or does it only interact with lootgen affixes and suffixes?

Final note - I had been waiting 9 months or so to decide on resubbing (though i did resub for hardcore).
After seeing this... I am not sold. And I need the extra character slots and XP that VIP gives, so i'm already incentivised for the base rewards...