Kali's Blighted Wolf HYBRID Melee/De-buff+ Insta-kill Caster build

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
Kali's Blighted Wolf HYBRID Melee/De-buff+Insta-kill Caster build (click me!)

The links above will take you to the main thread, where you will find details/ screenshots for this build. Hope you find it useful, and I would be really grateful if you could post any questions and constructive comments/ suggestions in the original thread via the link.

If you would like to check other builds, come and visit my Build Repository

Last edited:

Kalibano

Hey again @DeathTitan :)
We've been through this already in another thread, so not much to add to that discussion. Perhaps for this specific build, the following could be added: the fact that hybrid builds are what they are, and that it's up to SSG to help support hybrids more efficiently without making them no-fail at everything they do (because that would just be overpowered). Frankly, they have done an amazing job in the past few years:
- 2-piece endgame sets (e.g. Windlasher's ferocity and Magewright)
- a much wider variety of bonuses available via augments
- weapon imbues that scale with spell power
- features such as Arcane Warrior and Spell Speciality
... have all significantly helped hybrids be more viable.

A Blight caster that is only caster and only insta-kills is highly likely to have different numbers (and certainly would have a different build).

Still happy to take any constructive suggestions about my specific build, if you think there's something that could be changed/added to the 'core elements' (e.g. features, trees, etc.) to help it reach the specific objectives I set out.

Apart from:
- 'get caster heroic past livesx3 for DCs',
- or 'get a bunch of racial past lives for a bunch of extra action points + ability scores',
- or 'get completionists +6 to all ability scores'
- or 'get a ton of sent xp to fill up all the filigrees for weapon artefact (for 23 alts)'
- or 'fill up your reaper trees and post DCs that include reaper bonuses'
- or 'get a reaper helm'
- or 'play a different build/class altogether (e.g. pure caster/go Wizard instead)',
- or 'anything else that is pretty much impossible for someone who plays 23 alts to accomplish during this lifetime',
... almost any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated! :)

The bottom line is: I pay VIP every month since 2006 to be here to have fun, not to stress about this or treat it like a job. I have a RL job, a marriage and 2 toddlers (one going through her terrible 2's) to keep me stressed!

This build works very well at endgame, where I normally play reaper 6-10, and lets me have a ton of fun. So from my perspective, this is awesome (perfect actually), and it's here for anyone who wants to try it! Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Salaheddine

Hey Kali!, just found out about your build which ilove. I'm starting a new life with a steady group and wanted to create a character built around melee and necromancy (because i hate when enemies use necromon me lol). I really appreciate your feedback on necro being useful mostly at end game though. i have a few questions for you:

1- I was thinking about THF for more damage ( loosing some defensiveness on purpose since we have a good group) With NATURAL FIGHTING do i need a thf feat or what is opinion on trying to make thf work with this build?
2- How do you progress with your enhancments? You are using multiple trees so how do you start and progress and do you respec you points along the way?
3- I went aasimar for the max WIS and self healing not realizing the potential of shifter with raging and howl's

Thanks for your input

Kalibano

U66 changes (updated in the forums and DDOBuilder file)
Some minor changes to two main Epic Destinies are used by this build.

> The key active changes I made were:
  • Primal Avatar:
    • as of U66, the Primal Avatar T2 spell 'Shard Storm' no longer has the T1 Epic Strike as a pre-requisite
    • as this build only uses the Draconic Incarnation epic strike, I swapped the PA T1 epic strike for T1 Rejuvenation Cocoon

• Draconic Incarnation
    • Dragon Breath moving down to tier 1 and being cheaper made it possible to waste less points in T1 to get to the good stuff in the tiers above, so I've done some re-shuffling and additions

Pre-U66:
Blighted-Wolf-hybrid-Epic-Destinies-pre-U66.jpg

... with the changes indicated above:
Blighted-Wolf-hybrid-Epic-Destinies.jpg

> The key passive changes imo were overall positive, despite the adjustments to Dragon Breath:
  • Draconic Incarnation
    • Dragon Breath is now a 1-rank, 2AP Ability.
    • Dragon Breath and Attune the Arcane have swapped places in the tree.
    • Dragon Breath damage adjusted to 1d6+5 damage per caster level.
    • Dragon Breath cooldown adjusted to 12 seconds.
    • Dragon Breath now has its intended max caster level of 20 to match the other Epic Strikes. All Epic Strikes should now have a Maximum Caster Level of 20.
    • Draconic Breath's Energy Vortex now does damage even if the player had themselves or an ally targeted when the skill was triggered.
      • very hopeful this specific change will make the Vortex work more reliably: I'm a huge fan of vortex on melee/hybrid builds

• Fury of the Wild
    • Core abilities now grant +25 Hit Points.

With the changes indicated above, the build remains good to go as is :) Enjoy!