Lamannia Update 60 Preview 2 - Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Many modern item sets have incorrect values (you can tell what's incorrect since things are mostly standardized, even if you account for "tightness", a.k.a. how many items are required and how many item choices are available per set). I've got a list if anyone's interested, but the devs almost never pay attention to bugs like these when I post them. Menechtarun Scavenger is one of these sets, and should definitely be granting +10 at ML10, +20 at ML20, and +30 at ML30 (PRR that is, fully understandable for it not to grant that much MRR given its low "tightness").

EinarMal

Can you elaborate on vile eruption? Is it really only going to be 2d6+1 damage per 3s for a level 18 enhancement/Level 9 spell?

In high reaper with the 1-2s delay in affecting mobs and 6s duration?

Really?

Blight casters need another acid spell, the rotation is pretty light as it is. You basically have acid well, dragon breath, tsunami (not acid), and acid blast (weak)

Yndrofian

im going to 'jump' on the SAVE THE GIANT bandwagon

unless theres some weird underlying issue, PLEASE leave the giant hopping.

if its the one im thinking of, to my knowledge he as been hopping since gianthold was released. its a standard, a staple, quirky, no-harm-no-foul, fun aesthetic.

sorry for the dude who took the time to 'fix' it... but PLEASE UNfix it

much thanks!
yndrofian
[founder]

Pesh

now that blossoming peace is fixed i have tested it and can definitively say that 2 seconds stun is too short

also

dont nerf menechtarun scavenger

save the giant

Lotoc

Can you elaborate on vile eruption? Is it really only going to be 2d6+1 damage per 3s for a level 18 enhancement/Level 9 spell?

In high reaper with the 1-2s delay in affecting mobs and 6s duration?

Really?

Blight casters need another acid spell, the rotation is pretty light as it is. You basically have acid well, dragon breath, tsunami (not acid), and acid blast (weak)
Vile Eruption on live is functioning completely differently from the tooltip
It's actually the single highest damage per cast spell in the game.

In the current live version of the game earthquake tags anything hit with a 30 second duration damage over time, every 3 seconds this damage over time is doing 2d6+1 acid damage PER CASTER LEVEL.
In low reaper or outside of reaper this ends up lasting a full minute for anything standing in earthquake at the start and at the end, this winds up as 52d6+26 ticking potentially 20 times for a total of 1040d6+520 on something like a raid boss on a single cast.

The bug fix is not fixing the 30 second duration dot, which is the bigger bug in all honesty, the bug fix is reducing the damage 96% by taking away the caster level scaling.

It's a huge nerf in all honesty.

I do think vile eruption could stand to be nerfed in all honesty, but it should be to 1d6+1 per caster level or 2d6+1 per two caster levels.
No erronious monster debuff damage overtime.
Let it actually have value in raids instead of turning it into a completely worthless effect that's so weak it may as well not exist in order to reduce lag impact.

Last edited:

Morodell

So U60 is:

- Dungeon alert changes
- Rune Arm shot changes
- Legendary set bonus changes (Menechtarun)
- XP nerf
- Some bug fixes

Lot of disadvantages for the players and nothing new (content, races, classes etc.).
It should be U59.4...

Tolero

DDO Producer
UPDATE: Due to technical difficulties the Lamannia Preview 2 will be ending this morning at 10:30am Eastern (-4 GMT). Feedback threads however will remain open until the next Preview.

Khurse

Yeah what's up with Vile Eruption.
I get that it's a little too powerful now, but the stated damage makes it useless...

SpartanKiller13

So U60 is:

- Dungeon alert changes
- Rune Arm shot changes
- Legendary set bonus changes (Menechtarun)
- XP nerf
- Some bug fixes

Lot of disadvantages for the players and nothing new (content, races, classes etc.).
It should be U59.4...
Lol you're still in preview 1, my friend XD

Red+ DA is getting worse for players
Rune arms are getting massively buffed (aside from Trash Shot)

XP changes for P2 summarized:
If you kill <25% of the mobs in a quest and that's <34 numerically, you'll 45% base XP.
If you kill <50% of the mobs and that's <67 mobs numerically, you'll lose 20% base XP.
In all other cases (>50% of mobs, or >67 mobs) you'll gain 5-55% base XP.

Overall unless you always zerg red DA and don't kill mobs, this is an XP buff. It's a huge gain for a wide spread of mid-length or longer quests where you currently don't get Conquest. It's a minor gain even for hard zerging and hanging out at orange alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.