Lava Divers has moved to Argonnessen

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

Let's be clear: No one is under any obligation to post videos or explain raid strats that took us many many hours to research and refine. For our Skeletons in the Closet R10 completion, our raid leader Cammy created a PowerPoint deck with all of the details during each phase, including what each role is doing, respawn timers, what mobs to kill (and which ones not to kill), etc. We easily put in 50 hours of attempts and testing out theories/mechanics over several months. That's a commodity that we're not just going to give away to the community. Strats used in one raid can often be re-used. And our goal is to be the first to complete R10 raids, so you'll understand our hesitancy when it comes to being transparent with tactics and strategies. If you want to see R10 raids completed, then you're welcome to join Lava Divers and contribute as a push raider.
What is this sanctimonious garbage? I say that as one of the few people that even complemented the original R10 Skellies completion. Achievement threads are always like 1 post, 5 compliments. Been that way for over 10 years. I've seen it all.

There have been plenty of things done in this game that I have simply appreciated. Seeing how they are done makes them more appreciable and not less. I appreciated the old Eth videos for this reason. Him soloing MOD was... ...just fun to watch. And ya, a lot of the cool things done in this game often border on breaking the game. Breaking the game is what makes it fun. By sharing how strong something is, you're putting down a ladder for other people to try it out too.

Are people "under obligation?" No, but everyone else is free to ignore people talking about years old acheeeeesements as though it is special.

Look I (and people like me) are the actual audience right? Or is the goal just to try and lord things over jealous people? There's some bad ego juju in that. Game and communities flourish on a win-win basis. Competition is for losers (or so Peter Theil says). Congratulations on making the calculation that "ego is worth more than an open spirit of adventure."

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

see, even tho the Target audience for Magic Shows is given the Show, but the Magician does Not Reveal his/her/their methods or secrets

even Moviemakers or EDM Producers make the final product to show to/play for the audience, they do Not need to Reveal how they did it if they don't want to; or if people respectfully request they could show it to select people who say gets a VIP package for backstage pass or tour of the Production Studio...it's up to them if they want to Reveal it and it's on their timetable, their Choice

like was already aforementioned, if u want to learn it, request to join their group or guild...then they can accept or Not, their Choice

Sheikra

Let's be clear: No one is under any obligation to post videos or explain raid strats that took us many many hours to research and refine. For our Skeletons in the Closet R10 completion, our raid leader Cammy created a PowerPoint deck with all of the details during each phase, including what each role is doing, respawn timers, what mobs to kill (and which ones not to kill), etc. We easily put in 50 hours of attempts and testing out theories/mechanics over several months. That's a commodity that we're not just going to give away to the community. Strats used in one raid can often be re-used. And our goal is to be the first to complete R10 raids, so you'll understand our hesitancy when it comes to being transparent with tactics and strategies. If you want to see R10 raids completed, then you're welcome to join Lava Divers and contribute as a push raider.
So... are you guys interested in competing to finish r10 raids first, or being the first to do it? If the competition is the fun part, it seems like you'd want your competition to be as strong as possible, so your win means something.

Also, showing tactics/video of raid completion earns much more respect/atta boys than posting a few screenshots, because of the "oh they must have been using this bug or this exploit" people.

Just some thoughts.

Guntango

I've seen it all.
Whoa, congrats!

Why do you need that video then?

By sharing how strong something is, you're putting down a ladder for other people to try it out too.
But that just ruins the problem solving part of the game for you.

Competition is for losers (or so Peter Theil says).
The winners disagree.

EDIT: I'm betting you think it's unfair that modern sports teams don't share playbook strategies, too.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
"You will never meet a hater doing better than you." -- David Goggins
Also, showing tactics/video of raid completion earns much more respect/atta boys than posting a few screenshots, because of the "oh they must have been using this bug or this exploit" people.
People will always assume the worst because they can't figure out how to do something. "I can't do it, so there's no way other people can do it without cheating" is the mentality. People just want to hate on us for completing the hardest content in the game that isn't balanced for players. As for sharing, a couple of weeks ago Cammy posted a some of the Skellies slides on DDO Discord and answered a bunch of questions.

Sheikra

"You will never meet a hater doing better than you." -- David Goggins

People will always assume the worst because they can't figure out how to do something. "I can't do it, so there's no way other people can do it without cheating" is the mentality. People just want to hate on us for completing the hardest content in the game that isn't balanced for players. As for sharing, a couple of weeks ago Cammy posted a some of the Skellies slides on DDO Discord and answered a bunch of questions.
That's kind of my point, people will assume the worst unless you bring receipts. I've got no ill-will towards y'all -- I wish I had the time/money to push raids, and I enjoy getting to live vicariously through you guys.