Lava Divers has moved to Argonnessen

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Argo is more focused in push raiding than orien. I guess they chose Argo for that.

Khyber was fine before the transfers. Devs have killed it with that.
Where's Sarlona? Seems fine to me :)

And how can/do dev's "kill" 'a server?'

Lazuli

Where's Sarlona? Seems fine to me :)

And how can/do dev's "kill" 'a server?'
Ask lava divers why not Sarlona, i'm not in that guild. I know that Argo's endgame is good and better than Orien endgame for difficult content, that's all I can say.

Devs killed the server because with the transfers it lose a lot of population, this added to the slower but continuous trend of players who leave the game upset for nerfs or the low activity while HC. I know many players who have left the game for the low population, they wanted raid and group and that is harder now with so low population.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

I know many players who have left the game for the low population, they wanted raid and group and that is harder now with so low population.
ya know if you did research you would see the overall ddo population has been pretty stagnant for about 1.5 years. so unless you are saying this since that 1.5 years, that'd be great and accurate, but the population hasn't been going down very much if at all, so...

Lazuli

ya know if you did research you would see the overall ddo population has been pretty stagnant for about 1.5 years. so unless you are saying this since that 1.5 years, that'd be great and accurate, but the population hasn't been going down very much if at all, so...
Yes population have been down slowly but steady last years, but the free transfers last year was a BIG hit for khyber. Before transfers, Khyber had a vibrant end game and after there are hardly lfms. Check ddo audit. That was a disaster for the server.

I dont Like gimps

Your implications of exploits are unneeded. Some of the recent raids, Cammy just hasn't gotten around to cleaning up language, music, etc. and uploading videos of. Skeles and FoM were a bunch of custom builds to fit those mechanics and offsetting the lag (for FoM, we actively didn't use action boosts for the most part because they were lagging the raid out worse than it already was- which made it take way longer to do). Chrono was just brute forced in one go with builds we mostly already had laying around; it's an ugly slog of raid to do.
Sardonic I respect u a great lot and understand that u (obviously) cant just spill the beans or just ignore implications but its not exactly unknown what happened during that fom run ..... . Just to be clear Im pointing out singular runs not LD's vast amount of achievements that werent subject of exploits

Ying

5000+ hours played
Let's be clear: No one is under any obligation to post videos or explain raid strats that took us many many hours to research and refine. For our Skeletons in the Closet R10 completion, our raid leader Cammy created a PowerPoint deck with all of the details during each phase, including what each role is doing, respawn timers, what mobs to kill (and which ones not to kill), etc. We easily put in 50 hours of attempts and testing out theories/mechanics over several months. That's a commodity that we're not just going to give away to the community. Strats used in one raid can often be re-used. And our goal is to be the first to complete R10 raids, so you'll understand our hesitancy when it comes to being transparent with tactics and strategies. If you want to see R10 raids completed, then you're welcome to join Lava Divers and contribute as a push raider.

Lazuli

Well, Ying, I understand and certainly respect your arguments, but I will tell you that even if you published all your tactics step by step they would be difficult to replicate, there are very few guilds so dedicated to push raiding. Perhaps some would reply, but in any case they would no be the first to achieve it, and the truth is, they would continue to be exceptions. 99.9% of the population would be unable to achieve it.

Reactions: DBZ

Guntango

Sardonic I respect u a great lot and understand that u (obviously) cant just spill the beans or just ignore implications but its not exactly unknown what happened during that fom run ..... . Just to be clear Im pointing out singular runs not LD's vast amount of achievements that werent subject of exploits
Just say congrats and move on, your innuendo is wrong and against forum rules.

I dont Like gimps

Let's be clear: No one is under any obligation to post videos or explain raid strats that took us many many hours to research and refine. For our Skeletons in the Closet R10 completion, our raid leader Cammy created a PowerPoint deck with all of the details during each phase, including what each role is doing, respawn timers, what mobs to kill (and which ones not to kill), etc. We easily put in 50 hours of attempts and testing out theories/mechanics over several months. That's a commodity that we're not just going to give away to the community. Strats used in one raid can often be re-used. And our goal is to be the first to complete R10 raids, so you'll understand our hesitancy when it comes to being transparent with tactics and strategies. If you want to see R10 raids completed, then you're welcome to join Lava Divers and contribute as a push raider.
Thats on me while I meant the comment to address Both it obviously became/came off rather exploit focused due to "especially devs"

Unuys

What exactly is being debated here? I thought it was already very well known that LD uses safe spots/exploits and LD and ex-LD players themselves admitting it often enough in game and in several discord servers.

The question is why do people even care, just like Guantango said "just say congrats and move on".

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Well, Ying, I understand and certainly respect your arguments, but I will tell you that even if you published all your tactics step by step they would be difficult to replicate, there are very few guilds so dedicated to push raiding. Perhaps some would reply, but in any case they would no be the first to achieve it, and the truth is, they would continue to be exceptions. 99.9% of the population would be unable to achieve it.
Enjoy. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/teaching-raid-videos-for-new-players.523/#post-79024

cammy

If you ain't first, you're last
What, in your eyes, do you think we did for FoM...? Welcome to go to my DMs if you think it breaks ToS here