Lava Divers Presents - First Life Raid Push Challenge

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Lava Divers First Life Raid Push Challenge
Season 1 Raid - Project Nemesis
Goal:
This exercise is to provide Lava Divers and friends a challenge to further develop raid push caliber skills and continue working towards LD's primary goal of achieving Worlds First raids.
Challenge in execution and strategy to complete raids with limited lives, gear and supplies.
Allows players of all skill levels and playtime to engage in challenging content.
Provides a stage for those aspiring to join the raid push team.
Opportunity for guild builders to design innovative raid push builds using limited resources.
Completing raids with weaker characters prepares for future high difficulty content.
Encourage the playstyle of builds not usually in your comfort zone.

Rules:
1. 1st life characters ONLY.
2. No raid gear from previous lives, runes from alts etc - If it drops in a raid or the ingredients used to make it drops in a raid, you cannot use it (raid filligrees/set augments/etc).
3. No store bought tomes. This includes stat, racial, universal tomes etc. You are allowed to use the +2/+5 stat tomes through means of favor reward and +3 skill tomes from sagas (can be bought from the store if you don't want to do favor - but only 1 of each +2/+5).
4. No reaper points spent.
5. No spell point potions or other valuable consumables such as radiant forcefield potions/scrolls, fireshield potions or scarabs (if unsure on use, please ask).
6. 60k maximum sentient xp total allowed on weapon. You are allowed to have multiple weapons with sentient xp as long as they do not cumulatively add up to more than 60k total. (6 slot weapon with 40k xp and a 5 slot weapon swap with 20k xp is allowed).
7. Maximum ability points should be the following:
Enhancement points - 80
Epic Destiny points - 61
8. Each season will include a specific raid and will change after an undetermined period of time.

Scoring:
Teams are NOT static.
You can group with any other first life challenge characters as many times as you like to earn points.

Scoring will be tracked individually.
Party size required will be 4 minimum up to maximum 12.
Scoring is weighted based on three factors of Difficulty (~50%), Party Size (~40%), and Completion time (~10%). The harder the content, with the lower number of people, the better your score will be.
Party leader will submit ONE submission via Google Forms which will include all necessary screenshots from all party members including:
1. Party member list
2. Character sheet
3. Enhancement tree
4. Destiny tree
5. Reaper tree
6. Inventory including gear

An example of an acceptable screenshot can be seen here.

FAQ:
Q: When does the 1st Season start?
A: Tentatively aiming for Mid April start (once enough people have characters ready).

Q: What server is this taking place on?
A: Argonessen

Q: Can I use my perfectly boosted reaper gear?
A: It is frowned upon but not against the rules to use boosted gear.

Q: Can I use a Ring of Spell Storing?
A: Yes. You can use any item, as long as it doesn't require a raid to obtain.

Q: Can I use ability potions from remnant turn-ins?
A: Yes.

Q: Are Hoods and Regalia's allowed?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I use Dread Dino Crafting?
A: Yes but only using non-raid weapons/items. Black pearls can be obtained from the explorer

Lava Divers has set up a variety of channels dedicated to build discussion, groupings and role selections in their guild discord.

Please contact Cammy on discord #bzims for access and to get set up for role selections.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Expect various builds to be posted based off what people come up for the event.

This 1st life healer setup was designed a few months ago around the idea of this challenge. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/low-life-bubble-dwarf-17-3-fvs-healer.2062/#post-64370

Warlock debuffer: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...t-for-fire-fiend-aots-builds-as-of-u67.10851/

Here's a first lifer Alchemist nuker I made for the raid challenge.

This is the pally I was on (turned out to be a particularly nice setup to tank Gish+Irk because of high PRR and 2 second deflect) https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/low-life-pally-tank-build-for-difficult-content.10897/

Last edited:

Kintaya

Oh, is the plan for LD to change servers again by the end of March? Kinda like what you did on Khyber?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Oh, is the plan for LD to change servers again by the end of March? Kinda like what you did on Khyber?
The move did delay our original plans to do the 1st life challenge by a few months, but now that we're settled in on Argo it's time to start it up. The new server is quite nice and we've met a lot of new folks since moving; thanks for asking.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We're in the process of setting up our discord to accommodate extra folks for access to the various 1st life challenge and build discussion channels. It'll be interesting to see what builds and gearsets people come up; trying to not include anything from raids makes gear tetris fun when you're used to using certain pieces.

Kintaya

We're in the process of setting up our discord to accommodate extra folks for access to the various 1st life challenge and build discussion channels. It'll be interesting to see what builds and gearsets people come up; trying to not include anything from raids makes gear tetris fun when you're used to using certain pieces.
Definitely. I've had plenty of fun planning the toon for it. And now the toon is sitting at cap for when raid group needs a healer. With only minor modifications (such as including raid filis)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Are epic past lives off limits as well?
Yup. No past lives of any sort. No AP/racial/DP tomes from expansions (if one does use these for leveling/by mistake, then one has to underspend those points). Nothing that comes from raids. No expensive/rarer consumables like radiant forcefield pots or mnemonic potions. No stat tomes except a single +2 and a single + 5 (that one could earn via 1750 and 5k favor). It's all meant for very bareboned setups.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Q: What server is this taking place on?
A: Argonessen
Is it Argo only because of the prizes? Since it's screenshot validation, can we participate from any server if we don't care about prizes?

Can you give an example of a few scoresheets? Say a 4-man group that does R1 vs a 12-man gorup that does R6?

Great event idea!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is it Argo only because of the prizes? Since it's screenshot validation, can we participate from any server if we don't care about prizes?

Can you give an example of a few scoresheets? Say a 4-man group that does R1 vs a 12-man gorup that does R6?

Great event idea!
@cammy might have his own views on why he setup the rules the way he did. IMO, other servers are welcome to give things a go (making an alt on argo might also be a simple way to go). I'm sure some of the "on argo" aspect is because we setup an entire section of discord threads for it and want to make sure people can easily group up with folks that are all on the same server (makes organizing easier).

cammy

If you ain't first, you're last

Great event idea!

Heya Grig. We don't currently have any prizes lined up, more so to give us a different challenge and to battle the downtime between new raids. You're welcome to participate on different servers but the main premise was that there would be a larger pool on Argo so you can try to pick up people whenever time allows since there are no set teams.

Sample scoring for your two examples above would be (assuming same completion time for ease):
4 man r1 (25 min comp) - 32.67 points
12 man r6 (25 min comp) - 49.17 points

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Heya Grig. We don't currently have any prizes lined up, more so to give us a different challenge and to battle the downtime between new raids. You're welcome to participate on different servers but the main premise was that there would be a larger pool on Argo so you can try to pick up people whenever time allows since there are no set teams.

Sample scoring for your two examples above would be (assuming same completion time for ease):
4 man r1 (25 min comp) - 32.67 points
12 man r6 (25 min comp) - 49.17 points
Thank you!

I'm going to talk to my guildies to see if anyone is willing to roll alts on Argo- otherwise I might just end up participating from Khyber. I would encourage more guilds/individuals to participate. It's a great chance to test the limits of builds, get a different perspective on DDO's difficulty and potentially meet new people to raid with.

Thank you for putting this together Cammy, Sardonic and LD!

Guntango

(making an alt on argo might also be a simple way to go). I'm sure some of the "on argo" aspect is because we setup an entire section of discord threads for it and want to make sure people can easily group up with folks that are all on the same server (makes organizing easier).
There are quite a few groups on argo inviting other first-lifers to level together this week for the challenge, it would be a good time to start an alt here.